This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L Gleaner heading WEST !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 11:52pm
pilot....or co-pilot?
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 12:25am
All you need to do is come out to Colorado and it's easy to join the mile high club.  In fact if you go over one of several passes (and can find a quiet place to park) you can join the two mile high club.  And if you buy some of our famous new crop, well, you can be as high as you want! 
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 2:09am
did you gits in on growing it John? big money maker!
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 5:08am
Fess up John, Wats ya doin in a Chebby?
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 5:54am

Driving a Chevy 2500 is the right truck, only it should be a Duramax.

At first I was going to comment on Trailer Load Distribution, then I seen the G had been added in the 2nd picture.

I would agree about 'not wearing Orange'

Gary
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Bob D. (La) Bob D. (La) wrote:

Fess up John, Wats ya doin in a Chebby?

Chebby # 2 ,from time he left home and he did not go back home after he left.
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:19am
John I'm thinking old Fred is not going to tell what happened to your #1 truck and how the #2 truck showed up at his shop. So this is proof Fred is a good guy. lol 
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

farminharmon View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farminharmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

Creston says :Is it that the Chevy can actually pull that much of a load??

I call this a Flat landers RIG. If that trailer was loaded to its limit

that 2500 would not last long around these hills . FACT !!!!!

Hey now Fred, we have (2) 2500 Chevrolet duramax trucks in the mountains of Southwest Virginia that pull 24' cattle trailers and 26' dual tandem flatbeds and havn't had a bit of trouble (knock on wood).
B110 CA D10II (2)D12III 5040 5050 6080 170
JD5205 Kubota M9000 Kubota M95S
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by farminharmon farminharmon wrote:

Creston says :Is it that the Chevy can actually pull that much of a load??

I call this a Flat landers RIG. If that trailer was loaded to its limit

that 2500 would not last long around these hills . FACT !!!!!

Hey now Fred, we have (2) 2500 Chevrolet duramax trucks in the mountains of Southwest Virginia that pull 24' cattle trailers and 26' dual tandem flatbeds and havn't had a bit of trouble (knock on wood).

Yeah  but what happens when you put a load on the trailers?
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
farminharmon View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farminharmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 1:46pm
They handle the loads better than any motor/tranny combo we've ever had.  
B110 CA D10II (2)D12III 5040 5050 6080 170
JD5205 Kubota M9000 Kubota M95S
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 2:01pm
I seen guys around here hang 26,ooo lb. trailer with a 3/4 tons .Loaded that is just looking for trouble .

Even pulling a 20,ooo lb trailer loaded to 20,ooo with a 3/4 ton is asking for trouble some where down the road .

Edited by Fred in Pa - 08 Feb 2016 at 2:04pm
nonetheless ,still dead.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 3:16pm
Ford is to Trucks what John Deere is to Tractors, Folks. I am sorry so many of you are misguided!
'39 Model B
Tractors are cheaper than girls, remember that!
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by BenGiBoy BenGiBoy wrote:

Ford is to Trucks what John Deere is to Tractors, Folks. I am sorry so many of you are misguided!

I assume you mean over priced,and not any better then anything else?
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Luke R. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 5:33pm
Obviously BenGiboy will vote for Hillary!! Lol
4-7030's,170G,220FWA,3-220's,210,D21II,D21I industrial,2-200's,3-190's,175D,2-D19D's,D19G,WD45,WD,CA,2-UCont.,5015FWA,917,B110,Gleaner F
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Luke R. Luke R. wrote:

Obviously BenGiboy will vote for Hillary!! Lol
Thumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs Down

Can't vote Luke. LOL
'39 Model B
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 7:03pm
Will vote for Chevy !!
'39 Model B
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 8:00pm
Everything is safe and sound in Illinois tonight. Chevy like a rock !!!!!!
    IG
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 8:07pm
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
VFDfireman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VFDfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 8:17pm

I seen guys around here hang 26,ooo lb. trailer with a 3/4 tons .Loaded that is just looking for trouble .

Even pulling a 20,ooo lb trailer loaded to 20,ooo with a 3/4 ton is asking for trouble some where down the road .

Based on what? The sticker on the door?

Never mind that there's absolutely no difference beteween most 3/4 and 1 ton srw trucks today other than the registration sticker.

But hey feel free to tell us how wrong we are!

Btw the sticker on my 2012 on f250 psd says I'm within truck capacities with a 21,000 lb goose neck. Routinely pull 30000 lb of hay bales and trailer all over with out issue...not even close to being over on axel or tire ratings either.

Edited by VFDfireman - 08 Feb 2016 at 8:34pm
VFDfireman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VFDfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 8:31pm
Deleted

Edited by VFDfireman - 08 Feb 2016 at 8:32pm
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 8:57pm
To each there own on these trucks, but I'm not into dudes, I drive a Chevy Any of these trucks will pull a lot more then they will stop !!!!! They all work, and they all break down.......just sucks for the guys I am hauling for, there bill just got higher..........LOL!!!!!!
KY poorboy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY poorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by ILGLEANER ILGLEANER wrote:

To each there own on these trucks, but I'm not into dudes, I drive a Chevy Any of these trucks will pull a lot more then they will stop !!!!! They all work, and they all break down.......just sucks for the guys I am hauling for, there bill just got higher..........LOL!!!!!!

That's exactly right, John. We all overload the trucks. Oh yea, they will pull a lot more than they say they will, but stopping is a whole nother story. Electric trailer brakes help a little, but not so much when you REALLY need them. The next trailer I buy will have electric over hydraulic brakes. Much more dependable system.
As far as brand of truck, they make different brands for a reason. I have always had better luck out of Ford trucks than Chevy. A lot of guys have better luck with Chevy or Dodge. It's all in what you are used to and like.
But in reality, now a days, I would say none are better than the others. But it is still fun to poke fun at each other! LMAO!!

Edited by KY poorboy - 08 Feb 2016 at 9:14pm
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by KY poorboy KY poorboy wrote:

Originally posted by ILGLEANER ILGLEANER wrote:

That's exactly right, John. We all overload the trucks. Oh yea, they will pull a lot more than they say they will, but stopping is a whole not her story. Electric trailer brakes help a little, but not so much when you REAR need them. The next trailer I buy will have electric over hydraulic brakes. Much more dependable system.
As far as brand of truck, they make different brands for a reason. I have always had better luck out of Ford trucks than Chevy. A lot of guys have better luck with Chevy or Dodge. It's all in what you are used to and like.
But in reality, now a days, I would say none are better than the others. But it is still fun to poke fun at each other! LMAO!!

That is for sure !!!! That's why I drive ACs.   Dad always had ACs and Chevrolet trucks. I think that's why I drive them.
KY poorboy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY poorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:18pm
That's probably why we all have the brands of trucks and tractors we have.

Glad you made it back home safely!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:38pm
Its all in a days work.
nonetheless ,still dead.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by CrestonM CrestonM wrote:

No Allis tag on front of the Chevy??

Illinois says you HAVE to have a real plate on front and back.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 6:58am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Originally posted by CrestonM CrestonM wrote:

No Allis tag on front of the Chevy??

Illinois says you HAVE to have a real plate on front and back.
Same in WI. and you have to have the tag that is for THAT TRAILER, not like some people from out west do... LOL LOL Wink Wink
How's that for pokin in the eye with a SHARP stick!?

Glad you made it nice and safe John!  Welcome back to the land of the crooked politicians!! Cry
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
combinechris View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combinechris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 9:37am
My Ford pulls a trailer bigger than that lol.
35 combines and 15 forage harvesters. mostly allis combines and equipment.WTB 2 row cornhead for a 90
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 10:08am
My Dad's 1996 Ford F-350 is a little squirrelly. With no load and going up a slight hill, I can floor the gas and it doesn't accelerate!
For instance, if I'm going 55 when I get to the hill, then when going up the hill I floor it, nothing happens until I start going down the hill. Phffft!!
combinechris View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combinechris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 10:42am
Mine is a 2001 F 250 diesel with a 7.3 L turbo 4x4. Does fine . i can pull my trailer with a Case 12-20 on it.
35 combines and 15 forage harvesters. mostly allis combines and equipment.WTB 2 row cornhead for a 90
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic