Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WI, Union Grove Fall Harvest Days ComingHome Again - Event Date: 12 Sep 2014 - 14 Sep 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigr'shed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: WI, Union Grove Fall Harvest Days ComingHome Again
    Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 6:06pm
Southeast Wisconsin Antique Power and Collectibles Society will be hosting "Fall Harvest Days Coming Home Again to Celebrate a Century of Aliis Chalmers Agriculture", September 11, 12, 13, and 14, 2014 at the Racine County Fairgrounds, Union Grove, Wisconsin, 53182.
Many events are planned. A 30 mile Tractor Ride on 9/11 will leave the old Allis Chalmers Plant in West Aliis, Wisconsin, proceed to the first Proving Grounds location in New Berlin, then to the original Allis Chalmers Golf Course (1954-1977) in New Berlin, proceeding to the last Proving Grounds in Franksville for a lunch stop. The Tractor Ride will then proceed to the Show Grounds.
A Tractor Pull on the evening of 9/12. A Show Banquet on the evening of 9/13.
Demonstrations, Displays, and Car and Truck Show on 9/12, 13, and 14, with a tractor parade on Saturday and Sunday.
Breakfast on the grounds all 3 days. A 1948 Allis Chalmers "G" has been restored and will be raffled off on 9/14. 
Commemorative Belt Buckles, T-Shirts, and other items will be available.
More info can be obtained by responding to this topic, looking at our Website www. fallharvestdays.com and watching for updates.
SEWAP&CS hosted the GOTO in 2005 and the Heritage of AGCO in 2007.
Thanks for your interest! Clap
Sponsored Links

lazyfarmer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazyfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 7:14pm
are the activitys limited to AC tractors only?    Dad and i pull atock antiques, i run  A 49 wd,  But dad has a 51 JD A    can we both do the ride? pull?
MARK W (NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARK W (NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 10:22pm
Are there plans to go through the factory as in 2005?
Its a Great Life if you don't weaken
bigr'shed View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigr'shed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 7:20am
The Tractor Pull is open to anyone, the Allis Tractor Ride is probably open to others as long as you realize we expect a "sea of orange". We do have another Tractor Ride on Thursday we call the "Root Beer Ride". It goes from the Show Grounds to the local A&W Restaurant and back.
bigr'shed View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigr'shed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 7:23am
The Tractor Ride is going to start outside of the Building they went through in 2005.
Unfortunately that building is owned by someone else now and we won't have access to it. We are going to try to make it as nostalgic as possible, the City of West Allis is all behind this ride. Thanks for your interest.
strutzb View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strutzb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 8:59pm
timflury View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timflury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 8:58pm
Don't forget about plow day. It has been held the week before the show.Thumbs Up

You may recognize me, I'm the guy out there on the Simplicity garden tractor.
When was the last time you thanked a veteran.
bigr'shed View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigr'shed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 9:05pm
Yes, Plow Day is the week before the Show, but the info posted here is basically for people coming from out of town. But thanks for the reminder.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:38am
Somebody needs to update the web site...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
bluewavecaptain View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluewavecaptain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 5:45am
I wish we could have our RC in the ride, but she only makes 8 miles an hour. Smile
Charles(Two Rivers,WI)
timflury View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timflury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 7:23pm
I see the plow day site was moved from Racine Grain due to a winter wheat kill.

Does anyone know where it is going to be?

I would like to attend.
Shady Grove Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shady Grove Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 1:02pm
There is a little more exciting news that we need to share regarding the Ride from West Allis. to Union Grove
When we get to the most recent proving grounds in Franklin after a quick lunch Larry Gruenberger will say a few words regaring what was done in different parts of the property. When we leave to go to Union Grove we will drive through the main building on our way to Union Grove.
timflury View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timflury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 11:07am
http://www.fallharvestdays.com/pdf/plowdays2014.pdf
Thanks to the powers that be over there for posting the change in location to plow day.

I will be there with my Simplicity Landlord as I have been for the past 4-5 years.
JOHN N/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHN N/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 5:21pm
When is the best time to bring some tractors for displaying, and last day, thanks.john, is Friday morning too late
D-15IIG65,D-17IVG67,D-17D58,620
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 12:32pm
so did the tractor drive not make any news in the area? I bet I saw 100 cameras!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic