Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WI deer hunters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WI deer hunters
    Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 3:10pm
Hey just a note to wish all deer hunters a safe and bountiful hunt. Off to the north with my son!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 6:34pm
yer already in the north
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 3:15pm
HIGHER in the Nort..........
I quit already for the day,,,,,,I was freezing my toosh off and thewind is about 30mph or so.......NOT a good day for hunting them elusive white tail deers.  I'll have to go out again tomorrow morn...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 10:50pm
guess I gotta build another pansy hunter blind?
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 12:26pm
Anybody seen that der teurty point buck yet, tis yer?
Where We Go One We Go All
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 4:54pm
Back home. No deer. Saw some but no shooters! 
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:12am
Saw a bunch of birds and squirrels,,,,,,,no deer...maybe later this week,,,going back out on Thursday thru Sunday.  Wish me luck Shameless, I'd like to see that tirty pointer...
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 1:56pm
the dude hunting my property shot his deer, he was following the blood trail then found it....well most all parts of it. as it was running away it crossed the highway and it musta been a semi that nailed it, there was parts scattered all over both lanes and shoulders.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 2:37pm
you can sit in my wife's veggie garden and 'remove' the 6 point buck and 4 does that use it as a highway everyday....
if I had slugs instead of bird shot........
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 2:47pm
I saw on some site that 4 people have been shot on opening day in Wis, one fatal...

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 3:44pm
Didn't they wear a sign saying HUMAN DON"T SHOOT
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 4:37pm
I believe it was only 2. Both self inflicted. Good luck Ted!
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 6:11pm
I was out both morning and evening on Saturday and Sunday and saw nothing... but yesterday while hauling hay home, I seen two does in the evening strolling down by the river and then earlier today seen 2 bucks run across my field... and no time to go and pursue them... Did get a flat tire on the bale wagon just at dusk... Guess I should have stayed home and chased those two instead, maybe I would not have a flat tire now? Confused  LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 8:46pm
JC. when ever I was in the field during the hunt, I always had my ole .06 at hand.  Have shot more deer off a tractor or combine than out of a tree stand.
Good luck to ALL you Wisconsinites till next Sunday at dusk.  After that, I hope you don't see one till next year at this time.
Anybody got a front end for a 99 Buick Park Ave?
"Allis-Express"
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 6:43am
A few years back, here in MI. a guy shot a deer from his combine. He was then fined for shooting a deer from a motorized vehicle. 

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 7:49am
My uncle always had a rifle with him picking corn. I doubt they enforced anything much at that time. The kill is way down for some reason this year.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 8:04am
You don't TELL um where you shot it from.... just over in that 40...
"Allis-Express"
Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 8:06am
We have had a good season my wife and I both shot smaller bucks with the bow our son shot small buck opening day brother shot small buck grandson shot a doe last night and the nephews scored so we have 7 bucks and 1 doe. No human casualties!!!! Randy
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 8:18am
The new way of 'tagging' animals and reporting is probably what is doing it. You shoot your deer and while standing looking at the deer carcass and up to 24 hours after, you call the dnr and tell them you shot it... then they give you a number to write down and keep the paper with the carcass till consumed.  No more going to a registration station to see how old or weight of it... or if it has cwd.
  Probably that is one contribution to lower numbers because it is to easy to shoot , cut up and not bother with the phone call...
  Ted, we carried them on the tractors but seemed like that was a total waste of time untill you go and leave the gun at home and see them run past you. LOL
  Closest I got to shooting one from a tractor was one evening I took a relative with and stuck him up in a tree to watch as I picked... it got into the twilight and I seen a buck stand up right in the corn field I had picked previously... whith a hundred feet of where we drove in... I watched and the relative did not seem to see it so I stopped picking and pulled out my 243 and scoped it... I thought 'Don't he see it?, Then decided I was pulling the trigger when I count down from 3 ... 3- 2- 1-BLAM and the deer dropped. I didn't get to zero. LOL, I put my gun away and went back to picking my load and then came around and and he had it tagged and gutted by that time andthrew it in my truck and towed the wagon home.  I asked him what was he doing, sleeping? He said " Gosh NO, I was watching you and the north field and I turned around and saw that buck and I was trying to turn my body around to shoot him." --- 'Well if you had waited 2 seconds longer you would have seen him drop' I told him. It was a fairly nice buck too. I figured since he bought one of them outta state license to go huntin with me, he shouldn't go back empty handed.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 7:46pm
My friend owns 40 acres here in Illinois and you are allowed two permits.  He got a 6 point buck and a nice doe last Sunday.  Not much going on here Friday and Saturday  Friday was 30 to 40 mph winds and Saturday rained hard all day.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:55am
GOOD LUCK everybody,,,,,,this is the last weekend....
Only bad thing is it's gonna be warm,,,,,,,but dry (good thing)
"Allis-Express"
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Anybody seen that der teurty point buck yet, tis yer?

I read a few days ago that some young fellow shot a 27 pointer Wink I guess he couldn't pass on it till next year.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic