This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying out the new toy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying out the new toy
    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:10pm
Awhile back, I advertised looking for a subsoiler. Roger over in Minnesota responded, and I just happened to have a trip going his way. So, last weekend, I went and toured Elmer's Auto and toy museum in Fountain City. Pretty neat, 105 rare classic original cars, over 700 pedal cars, and over 40,000 toys. Not much there for a tractor guy, but Elmer did have a half dozen Allis pedal tractors. Never seen a "B" pedal tractor.

As long as I'm way over there, might as well hop over the river and grab the subsoiler.

Junior and I took it up to Grandpa's today.

He's getting pretty good at handling the WD.

Tried it out in a higher part of the field. The kid must be paying attention, even if I don't think he is. He dropped it in, and when the tractor started spinning, he lifted it up a little without me having to tell him. I was kind of taken by surprise!

I call this setting the "parking brake". Cause that tractor ain't going nowhere!

Its pretty wet, even on the high ground. I think it will pull it pretty good once it dries up a little bit. Some nice new sharp tires would probably help too, but we are going to get our money out of these first.

Cleaned it up, then we used the loader to stash it in the bushes next to my plow collection. That dang loader is handier than a pocket on a shirt!

And the best part, of course, is cleaning the wheels before we put the tractor away.

Thanks for looking.
The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
Sponsored Links

allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:14pm
Was that roger in zimmerman Minnesota
littlemarv View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:23pm
No.

Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:00pm
Nice pics! There is a S.C. subsoiler at auction near me coming up. Might have to hook it to the 45 and try to drain a couple wet fields. Looks like you got another A-C guy in the making driving your tractor!
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 5:44am
The drier the ground, the better the end result for drainage will be. Using a subsioler in wet ground, just might cause things to be worse.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 7:30am
Nice pictures. Anytime you can get away from a full time job and the kids are not at school, head over to grandpa's place for a history lesson that turns out to be fun is a great time. Can't wait for the ground to dry or we miss out.
Roger Mn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 7:19pm
glad to see it going to get a workout      nice to see it went to a good home   
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 7:27pm
Ryan,
 Your son is doing good and learning things that he wont forget soon! I bet it made the old WD snort a little too!
Great pictures! Dog doesn't look too happy about the tire washing process.
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 9:21pm
Unless the tires are loaded,,yep,,gonna spin a lot,, need to get ya some weight on that WD so it will pull better...
Lookin good tho...
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 4:14pm
I use the Henderson loader on my B more for moving big stuff around than scoopin' stuff. I do use it to push back the compose pile once in a while, but man, that loader is the best mobile engine crane I ever had!  LOL!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
littlemarv View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 7:48am
Definitely going to have to build a radiator guard for the WD. Stuff swinging around from the loader is going to get the radiator and shell eventually.

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by littlemarv littlemarv wrote:

Definitely going to have to build a radiator guard for the WD. Stuff swinging around from the loader is going to get the radiator and shell eventually.

I never did get rontuit on mine, Been real close a couple times lifting things with the ole 45. Dad and brother Jim helped keep the 'swing' out of the grain bin when I set it.

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic