Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trump abandons Kurdish Allies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trump abandons Kurdish Allies
    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 7:16pm
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 7:34pm
Trump gets us out, and the tardies complain.  If he called for more troops, they would still complain.  At least with this option, US troops are out of harm's way.  them people have been killin each other for time immemorial., Gets US outta their sausage grinder.  You could always volunteer, tranny!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 7:37pm
Time will tell if this works or not.. But we cant stay there FOREVER... We have been in Germany , Korea and Japan FOREVER.... Its about time the ALLIES STEPPED UP !... Turkey is part of NATO.... Saudi and UAE are both in the area and starting to deal with Terrorist in THEIR BACK YARD... Lets see how they do without a BABY SITTER.
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 9:37pm
They have been fighting for hundreds of years. Trammy, how long should we sacrifice American lives for THEIR WAR? Do you think another 100 years will get it done? And Trammy, whose side should we take? Our NATO ally or the Kurds?

If this doesn't fit our founding fathers thoughts on staying out of foreign entanglements I don't know what does.
Yes, yes I am zee Russian bot and I work for Kremlin. ;)
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 9:58pm
After breaking our word on protecting Kurds, who is going to be willing to help us in the future?

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/4-reasons-america-trump-should-support-kurdish-independence/
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:04pm
Wasn't my word. They keep poking the bear they may get mauled, they being both Turkey and the Kurds and that can apply to anyone else. Demoncraps have been nothing but posers, pretending to be antiwar but never passing up a good blood bath.
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:13pm
personally I would draw all troops from Germany or any country that doesn't want to pay us for the military support or unless they support us militarily. we have spent millions of dollars, loss of American lives all because our stupid congress people keep trying to buy there support. Germany is the biggest benefactor. Palestine is getting a lot of money to buy weapons so they can fight us. when is it going to stop. look at Afghanistan. Russia couldn't win and we wont either. you cant win a war when you let other people dictate what you can do. didn't work in nam or korea. course nam fooled all since they have turned mostly to the west now. when we got into ww2 there wasn't anyone telling us what to do. our allies stood fast with us and we all know what happened. Ronald regan took down the berlin wall but germany still doesn't support us. they want our money and troops for sure. time to get out of there. as far as the kurds giwe should give them the military hardware they need. they are capable of taking care of there business. they wanted to do several thing but john carey said no as did Hillary and Obama. a lot of people voted for trump cause he said he would gt us out of these places. I agree period. it all needs to be revamped in our favor. not theres
Animal Cracker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animal Cracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:54am
Just another hate and rage  Drive by the poster. Maybe he can tell us what it cost to keep 50 soldiers there. The kurds have been pushing for there state and the only way they get one is help from us. Pretty much the same as letting illegals in this country and letting them be citizens. And in case you forgot Tammy    ..!,.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 5:48am
Frankly, if I was your c-in-c, I'd pull 100% of the troops and bring them ALL back home. New posting would be the ol' Southern Boarder, where they are truly needed.

If you don't like that then...either
renounce your American citizenship and go fight for YOUR allie  the Kurds....
or....
declare is IS a WAR, then carpet bomb the entire country of Turkey (or whoever is the opposition).

War is an all or nothing proposition, there is NO 'middle ground'.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Trinity45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:48am
My question is how long are we supposed to stay there, are we going to operate a base for eternity.  Give the Kurds all the weapons etc they need and let them defend themselves.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Trinity45 Trinity45 wrote:

My question is how long are we supposed to stay there, are we going to operate a base for eternity.  Give the Kurds all the weapons etc they need and let them defend themselves.
And here enters the question, do we arm the enemy of our ally. Our NATO ally is Turkey. They are a member of NATO and therefore are considered our ally. Or do we arm the Kurds, who are also supposed to be our ally. Right now I'd bet we are arming both sides. The Kurds and Turks have continually been at each other's throats for hundreds of years and today they are still terrorizing each other daily and then the neocons and neoliberals want to have our troops stuck in the middle of that!!

The neocon and neolibs can tell us why we should arm both sides and then keep our troops in the middle..... just for something to do? Who thinks the Kurds are any better? They cut heads off too and will and do kill children in the same way the so-called White Helmets did, by removing their heads. The Turks are no different and given the chance either side would betray us if it was to their advantage. Our founders were right 243 years ago and they are still right today.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:12am
This MIGHT be a good time for the KURDS and the TURKS who are BOTH US ALLIES to stop fighting each other and come to the table and settle their differences peacefully... They BOTH have common enemies in ISIS and Syria.... Why fight each other ?
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:17am
Their hate for each other goes back centuries so, although a good thought, it ain't gonna happen.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:42am
Pretty well the standard function of Demoturds, if choose to Stay, Whine spending too much, killing all our beloved troops, pull out and defeating our allies while being cowards, do nothing and the same AZZholes scream sitting on hands. PICK ONE, and CANNOT have the others as options.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:56am
More than 11,000 Kurds died fighting ISIS, under the impression that the US would protect them from Turkey and Syria when ISIS was defeated.   And their reward was having the rug pulled out from under them by this latest change of policy.

Trump got rolled by Erdogan.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:01am
WE are NOT the world's Police to stand and fight THE World's battles, just ask ANY Flower Power wielding Demoturd as they use that Basic Attitude ALL THE TIME. Then look to the Turks, they have to live there as do the Kurds, if they make peace they can BOTH exist and defeat the ISIS, the two of THEM need to work this out as WE do not belong there anymore.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:25am
Hey Trammy, the Kurds accept volunteers!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 10:05am
And they are not racist!
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 12:35pm
The turds always have an answer. Right, wrong, or indifferent,  they got the answer to everything...Gimme a break..
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'IB, 49'G, 50'WF, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 12:53pm

I triple dog dare anyone to go through the wiki above, analyze it in detail, and come back here to offer a solution to the conflict. My thinking is it can't be done. I also don't believe there is anything the US is going to accomplish there that is worth the life or limb(s) of your kid or mine. In my view, nothing in the middle east is.

The only reason I can think of for being there is an attempt to avoid another 9/11 attack......which we have mostly been able to do from here. For far less cost, we could accomplish much the same thing as our military is doing if we banned entry into this country from anyone in the region.

They have nothing to offer but trouble.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 1:41pm
Syria is a cluster FK... 4 MILLION people have flooded the border into TURKEY... Turkey is going to take over the northern half of the county and send the Syrians back into that area.. If they take over the entire country and get rid of Hussad is up to him... Kurds could be a big part of the Neutral Zone if they would talk to TUrkey... But like mentioned above, I think everyone over there prefers to FIGHT FOREVER...

----------

Syria insisted it would defend itself against any Turkish assault. Damascus, however, was unable to prevent Turkey taking control of a swathe of northwestern Syria earlier in the war.

Russia, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's strongest foreign ally, said it was not told in advance by Washington or Turkey about any agreements to pull U.S. troops from the northeast, adding it was watching the situation very closely.

Russian President Vladimir Putin met with Russia's security council on Tuesday where Syria was discussed.

"Participants of the meeting have noted that, at this stage, it was important for everyone to avoid any action that could create obstacles to a peaceful settlement in Syria," the Kremlin said on its website. Iran, another Assad ally, voiced opposition to any Turkish operation in Syria.

Germany and Britain expressed concern about Turkey's plans for military action.

Turkey, which hosts 3.6 million Syrian refugees, plans to resettle two million refugees in northern Syria. Turkey's lira lost 2% of its value against the dollar to hit its weakest since early September, but edged off its lows to 5.8195 on Tuesday.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:20pm

Trammy what do you think of the 70 Demoncraps who wanted to impeach Trump before the Mueller report even came out???
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:47pm
Oh, now I see that Trump has said it was because the Kurds didn’t do anything to help us in WW2.

“They didn't help us in the Second World War; they didn't help us with Normandy," Trump said of the Kurds, who played a vital role in the US-led campaign against ISIS.”

That’s from ‘Business Insider’.

Edited by TramwayGuy - 09 Oct 2019 at 9:49pm
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:54pm
Tram, you should do a better job on your research regarding Kurdish history. They are not all the same tribe. They are not what the media has fed us the last few decades.
Where We Go One We Go All
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 12:22am
NG, "Trammy what do you think of the 70 Demoncraps who wanted to impeach Trump before the Mueller report even came out???"
 Notice Tammie didn't say a word about his golden elite club members.   What a hind teet sucker he is. 
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 5:54am
“NG, "Trammy what do you think of the 70 Demoncraps who wanted to impeach Trump before the Mueller report even came out???"
Notice Tammie didn't say a word about his golden elite club members.   What a hind teet sucker he is. ”

Oh, that’s their prerogative.   

What do you think about the GOP Senators who say they would vote ‘no’ on conviction if it got that far??
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:00am
Maybe Trump thinks that Turkey was on the beaches with us at Normandy...
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:01am
Their 'prerogative' to fight the sitting president on border wall issues and telling the United States of America's citizens that they don't give a she~hit about them as long as the illegals can come in through open borders... running drugs that kill, running contraband ... human trafficking, letting in diseases etc., etc., etc.
  What did those 'prerogatives' swear an oath to??? To the people of the United States or to the Devil???
Guess the oath of office means nothing... Specially when the presidents all before this sitting president (and many politicians) all were for building border walls and securing the States from being infiltrated by ILLEGALS of ALL KINDS.  But non of them remembered after the election was over and back to business as usual, of screwing YOU... and being charitable to other countries and taxing your arse even more and running debts up like drunkin swine.   Hog wallowing in the muddy money pit to line their pockets... 
  Do you know why all of a sudden you have so much more stupid blather today??? It is because the liberal left dimocrap and their co-hearts, the major media, are feeding you   the crap to take the attention off the HUNTER that is related to their next hopeful president Blow-A-hole-thru--the-door- Joe Bite-me Biden. Yea, that piece of crap that was on a board of a gas company in Ukraine and on a board in China  and really had no business being in either one. He was just there sucking up money just like so many others do, from relatives in higher places...  Yea... hunter was legal to be on them... ahh.... not really but what ever New York Slime says should make it right, right? LOL more propaganda... only thing is, the bull crap keeps piling up on those that keep token the load and when it comes down, so will all the others under it. Profitteering from the corruption of someone...

In essense, NO, it was NOT their prerogative to impeach a president no matter what YOU think. 
 and since you are supporting the real problem, you are part of the problem this country  is having.  Border wall and all... right down to your party's attempted coup... 
 Yea, you can tease yourself like old Markie Malarkie did, but bottom line is your party is scared of Donald Trump because he has not wavered in 30 years of telling others what is wrong with this country... and it stems from the politicians. and the do-nothing-turds are the big part of the swamp in DC.... Do nothing as in do nothing good... except line their pockets.     Who was it that had only 1 1/2 mill of assets 11 years ago and now laid out 15 million on a summer cottage?  or a socialist that has never had a real job has 3 ocean front mansions??? or some pisserloosie' husband gets a government contract and makes millions??????????? and the list goes on. Wake up. FOOL!!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:03am
“Tram, you should do a better job on your research regarding Kurdish history. They are not all the same tribe. They are not what the media has fed us the last few decades.”

Regardless of the Kurdish history, they were our best ally in fighting against ISIS. But that means nothing to Trump, who has no hotels in that region.
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:12am
What are you smokin these days???  Some liberalized government grass?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic