Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrifty (cheap) oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thrifty (cheap) oil
    Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 4:31pm
I was pokin around the internet an lookin at the NAPA flyer and found an even better deal on oil fer those that run diesels. Thought I'd share with the rest of us Cheap.....I mean thrifty forum misfits.

NAPA has $13.99 Mobil 1300 gallon jugs 15w-40 with a $7 rebate goin on which iz a pretty good deal at $1.75 per quart. The limit iz 5 gallon and a $35 rebate.

But I found an even better deal. (Shameless is listening, ain't he?)

Autozone has Mobil 1300 15w-40 in 5 gallon pails fer $64.99 with a $35 rebate, limit 2. This brings the cost down to $1.50 a quart

I normally drop to 10w-30 in my powerstroke in winter but I don't mind storing this till next summer.
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:05pm
I have a question about them rebates...
Do you get the TAXES back with the rebate ??
IE say the rebate is $7, and taxes are 10%. Do you get the 70 cents taxes you paid back?

Up here NO.....it's a GREAT tax SCAM. The guv gets $13 FREE  for every $100 you get back in a rebate...

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 6:03pm
I still have my 15-40 Rotella in 55 gallon drums left. I ain't gonna need any oil for a year or more yet.
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:47am
Nope. They keep the money down here too, jay
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:56am
I HATE REBATES!!!!  WHY can't they give you the money off RIGHT NOW?!?!?!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

I HATE REBATES!!!!  WHY can't they give you the money off RIGHT NOW?!?!?!
x2!
1942 B, 1948 G, two 1950 All-Crop 60As, 1958 All-Crop Super 100, 1975 860 Cotton Stripper
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:48am
then they wouldn't have proof for tax purposes
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:30am
they are like a scam as most individuals never mail them in or somehow screw up and don't send the right materials - so no refund - 
 Meards has there 11% rebate and to get it you need to watch the dates and one slip with each entry and - and - and 
 so X 3 on rebated send in deals 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:25am

Well,,,,,I didn't used to mess with them rebates cause they tell you up front that it will be at least 6-8 weeks before you can expect your rebate,,,,,,,,,,,but,,,,but,,,but,,,,Ya'll know I got to maintain ole Shameless's opinion of me,,,,,so I always send em in and just sit back and wait for all my money checks to come in,,,,,,,,,now,,that right there is bein "thrifty",,,,,WinkWink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 2:50pm
CHEAP
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:46pm
dam, Less, why didn't ye tell us a week in advance so we coulda planned it some. LOL
lookie likes I won't be gitten none of thet cheap oil since it's near a hour away and I didn't have time to burn fuel to get there an back...  but a 55 gal drum for slight of hand cheap from his stash..... makes him have one less barrel ta keep that machine of his runnin... LOL 
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:42pm
Had ford car seveist ( misspelled) and got a rebate .When it cane it was a debit card.When you are 79 you don`t know much about things iike that .Held on to it and took it back to ford  and got it redeamed.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:56pm
How do they send you the rebate? Menards rebates are only good for more in store only purchases, no cash.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
7040 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:41am
I did the mobile oil 35 dollar rebate last spring with online confirmation and still have not received it. Sent an email after 6 months and they claim they sent it and would not send out another
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic