Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shop Talk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:35pm
Chris, Your project is really going to be nice! And you must do a terrific job of picking up screws as well!
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:27am
Allisbred,
 Thanks!
 Is that because I am parking in there?:) I try to keep the job site cleaned up best I can. Something the work crew leaves me with after each event.
Off to get some rebar for the hole where the jib crane is going. If things work good I may have the hole, cement base, and rebar in place then post set,  to pour the concrete base by next Sat**day.
Have to find the 36 inch auger.

I love this ** thing! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!:)
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - Yesterday at 6:33am
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Ford Jubilee, IH TD6 Many IH Cub Cadets
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 3 minutes ago at 12:24pm
It's looking just great Chris.  Still not big enough, but then you already knew that.  Yep, Shameless is correct, you GOTTA have a beer fridge in there.  You'll be spending a LOT of time in there when it gets done and you'll be enjoying it!  Good luck finishing it it this heat.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 40 minutes ago at 1:47pm
When I put up my gaarage & Shop building I had a gin pole that fit the loader bucket and set the trust
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 57 minutes ago at 4:30pm
Folks,
Trusses arrived as expected this morning:

8600 lbs of wood dumped in the driveway.

The end ones are in the middle of the stack. Need to get those out to do the sheeting and fly rafters.

I did get the north wall covered with OSB and the man door cut out. We had rain pass through twice.

Regards,
 Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Ford Jubilee, IH TD6 Many IH Cub Cadets
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 27 minutes ago at 5:00pm
looks like the CREW is ready to go !!
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 8 minutes ago at 5:19pm
I'd like to know how long before you can park in the center bay of the garage ! Looks kinda 'full'.......
nice to see progress
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 4 minutes ago at 5:23pm
Looks st**dy...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 11 minutes ago at 6:16pm
Jay, Folks,
 If you mean the center bay of the sugarhouse, filled with red oak? Well it isnt used for a garage just a wood shed. Only 10 foot deep. But that building is designed to allow the wall to be removed and the depth would be 26 feet. 

Yes the GG boys are good helpers. Cooper was bringing me nails to put up the sheeting.

Dave, 
 I tend to over build about everything.
Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 46 minutes ago at 8:41pm
Folks,
 Nice to have good neighbors that help and have equipment. We separated the truss pile, moving the 17 scissors trusses off,  and have the gable end trusses, out where I can work on them in the next day or so.
Sheeting, the overhangs, and one window can be framed in on these gable ends while on the ground. 
Regards,
Chris
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 15 minutes ago at 10:12pm
A st**dy Sat**day? :)

I may be a little slow but I just now figured out why the forum is autodetecting those words!

Shop is coming along nicely!
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1956 WD-45
JohnColo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 40 minutes ago at 10:47pm
OK, I give up, Why does the forum auto-detect those words?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 35 minutes ago at 4:52am
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

OK, I give up, Why does the forum auto-detect those words?

Long and short of it is, is a certain word, that is commonly used to describe members of a certain political party that starts with a d, was in fact used commonly to describe the party in question.  One of the party members complained and complained, and we finally got this st**dy new system.  Can I identify this member?  I have a pretty good idea, but don't want to bring politics up here.  What happens in the basement stays in the basement, mostly...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 37 minutes ago at 6:50am
Folks,
The carnage after last nights moves in the dark. Looks like a tornado went through!:)

End truss's where we can sheet it now.

A little hard to see here but the loft trusses are on the bottom. 7'2" head room. 2 x 10 bottom cord x 16 foot long.

Rain should let up in a couple hours and I can start some work on these.
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 1 hour 36 minutes ago at 6:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic