This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Replacing auger drive belt on model 72 combine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacing auger drive belt on model 72 combine
    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:22pm
The unloading auger drive belt on my model 72 combine needs to be replaced ( the parts book calls it : belt, unloading conveyor ). Does anyone have a good " how to " on this especially regarding how to get the new belt around the PTO drive shaft? Also does anyone know the size of the belt?
Sponsored Links

wlambs View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wlambs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:46am
HAVE TO UNBOLT THE PTO FRONT SLIDE BELT ON THEN THE BACK. ALLCROP HARVESTER HAS THEM TOM YAZZ
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 12:05pm
What he said.  Specifically part # 1 below:

If its not an All-Crop, it all crap!
Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:22pm
I actually had to replace a leaky front oil seal on my gearbox and while I had the front drive shaft removed it was a perfect time to replace the auger belt. Ryan
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:32pm
That's great. Thank you all. Tom, a picture says a thousand words. I'll take a run at this in a day or so. Do I have to worry about a torque value when I re-assemble the PTO shaft?
den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 8:03pm
I have had instances like this where I put two belts on at the same This is mostly when the belts go bad quickly. I install one as is needed and tie the second out of the way until needed. I know that this belt does not get extensive use but just thought I'd throw it out there. Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:42pm
I did look at the " allcropharvester.com " web site and the auger belt is listed with a part number but also ( very helpfully ) the letter/number combo for this belt which is B61. Thanks.
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 3:13pm
NP.  Torgue?  Dont think so on the torque---I have never heard of such a requirement
If its not an All-Crop, it all crap!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic