Print Page | Close Window

Tire thing? Is it possible/

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Garden Tractors
Forum Description: A great place to discuss the Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Models
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=93694
Printed Date: 15 May 2024 at 6:39pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tire thing? Is it possible/
Posted By: Dave in PA
Subject: Tire thing? Is it possible/
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 4:10pm
I have a garden tractor, for just plowing snow. I was in need of some info, can I put ATV tires on the rear with proper size etc. for better traction? I sure do hate to pay the cost for new AG tires, when a set of used quad tire are next to nothing?? Just wanting to know if anyone has, input??

thanks, dave

Replies:
Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 4:19pm
If they fit the rims go for it . I gave my grandson a set of turf tires for his dune buggy cart and he ran them until he could afford the lig tires he wanted .
 Look at tubes in them and then fluid for weight and then set of chains . 

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 5:18pm
YEP! I figure $20 rather than $100 per tire, I can do lots of changing over the next few years! The beer might add up! I was just concerned about any safety issues? Driveway flat, no hills!

Posted By: Brian S(NY)
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 5:44pm
Dave I put utv tires on my cub cadet... they are oversized but they work great. a lot better traction than the originals and they were free. someone with a utv had them swapped out and my buddie worked at the dealership ....

-------------
God made man.Sam colt made man equal.

Posted By: SHAMELESS
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 9:11pm
I put trailer tires/wheels on my EZ-Go golf cart, can turn sharper and they last longer than the originals!

Posted By: Ethan Souerdike
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 4:17pm
As long as they fit, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

-------------
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 6:45pm
They are often of a thinner ply, and are softer than L&G tires, but I use them on my Dixie Chopper zero turn lawn mower, cause they are cheaper than the $160 that Dixie wants for their pulling tires...

Posted By: ctbowles58
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 9:42pm
keep checking "flea-mkts" I bought a good set of AG TIRES for my 712H for $25.00 for the pair. at a flea mkt.

-------------
190XT 2WD45 WF D15 D14 CA BIG10 302 & 303 bailers 77G rake 80R mower 6 plows and alot more

Posted By: Steve in NJ
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 8:33pm
I plowed snow with my 716H for about 5 years. That's exactly what I did. I installed a large set of ATV aggrasive tread tires on the rear of it cause' I didn't want to mar up the driveway with chain marks. The ATV tires worked excellent! Out of the 5 years I plowed with it, I got stuck about a half dozen times and that was my own fault because of the ice under the snow. The wife had a ball. Go For it!

-------------
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife

Posted By: Seth Souerdike
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 9:04pm
my grandpa used to pull with garden tractors. he took a chain saw and cut lugs into the tires, though i wouldn't try it unless your certain you will replace them if you goof up

-------------
There are no atheist in foxholes.

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 11:09pm
Using beer for weight?

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 7:03pm
JohnCO,   I will and do! Just what the belly can hold!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net