Print Page | Close Window

new garden tractor opinions

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Garden Tractors
Forum Description: A great place to discuss the Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Models
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=87998
Printed Date: 16 May 2024 at 4:17am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: new garden tractor opinions
Posted By: Mrgoodwrench
Subject: new garden tractor opinions
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 9:43pm
getting tired of my tiny mower. thinking of something 4wd with a 60" deck or so maybe a loader, diesel 20-30hp. price is gonna take JD out of the game for me, probably massey and Kubota too. so I guess that leaves the "fringe" brands. ive looked at the LS tractors at sandy lake imp they ok. what else is out there that is worth looking at?

-------------
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: Charlie175
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 6:00am
I have a Mahindra 2015 4wd, gear drive with loader
This is a compact utility tractor so it may be bigger than you need.
20 hp diesel

I find that with the gear drive that 20 hp is more than enough for my needs. I have done a tremendous amount of stuff with it that I never thought it would do. The loader is very powerful
If you want hydro then add 5 hp or more.

I use a rear 60" finish mower.

It was $10,500 5 years ago so I am not sure what the cost is now. 

-------------
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD

Posted By: farmtoybuilder
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 8:16am
JD shouldn't be any higher than a Kubota! Especially if comparing same HP. And if you tell them your looking at Kubota. Some areas have a bounty on them due to market share! And remember resale means a lot! A JD or Kubota will hold their value! Make sure you buy 4wd and Hydro transmission. Loader is worth it too! Our next one is going to have a cab.

-------------
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   

Posted By: Rob Rolando
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 8:45am
Mahindra  Max series.

-------------
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Posted By: SHAMELESS
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 8:12pm
Cabelas is selling tractors now...dunno what brand they are...

Posted By: ACmowerguy
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

Cabelas is selling tractors now...dunno what brand they are...

If you buy a "Cabella's" tractor where are you going to get service and parts? Especially a couple years down the road. In my years in a parts department I have seen many people who had purchased store brand or gray market machines such as branson, yanmar, etc where they could not find a dealer within hundreds of miles if not even in the state. If you buy a Deere, Kubota, Case,  you will have product support for years to come.

-------------
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 03 May 2014 at 4:45pm
TYM makes the tractors for Cabelas and Woods makes the equipment. Our Cabelas built a complete service center just for the tractors. I don't know much about TYM tractors. I heard that the LS tractors are what was Montana tractors. A few years ago when JB Hunt started distributing Montana tractors they flooded the market around here and now there are no dealers and they have been rebadged to somthing else. I would try to get something from an established dealer that you can always get parts for.  

Posted By: HudCo
Date Posted: 04 May 2014 at 12:00pm
our shop completly quit working on or servicing any thing chinese stick with the brands that have suport our store only handles top brands our customers pay for top brands and also care alot more about it and it shows if there equipment is here for service and it is cheaper for them inthe long run for them 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net