Forum Description: Forum dedicated to Tractor and Garden Pulling
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72493
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 8:25am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: hi comp pistons
Posted By: NNYACAL
Subject: hi comp pistons
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 8:32pm
Does anyone out there know if you can install ap46 M&W pistons in a series four d-17 without any cutting?
Next what are some experiencies with rear wheel weights versus liquid
ballast?

-------------
G,IB,B,C,CA,RC,WC,WF,WD,WD45,D14,D17SERIES 1,2,4

Replies:
Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 7:00am
SP-46 from a WC-WD require removing .170" from the top so they don't hit the cylinder head.

Posted By: wi50
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:30am

Those pistons should be a 2.94" compression height, meaning from the center of the wrist pin to the top of the piston measures 2.940".  They have a 70CC dish in them.

Now do the math for those specs and that piston in it's intended 4" stroke engine was right near 8 : 1 (7.85 : 1 to be exact) compression ratio.  Put it in a 4.5" stroke engine and figure the compression ratio... and you'll be in the 12.5 : 1 by simply trimming the tops enough to miss the head.  But you'll need a little valve relief, or trim the pistons more all around for clearance.

I put a set in like you wish to do, I trimmed about .050" off going from memory.  There is a direction arrow cast in the top of the pistons, some of it is still visable after I trimmed them.  I measured them, did the math and cut the appropriate amount to have some piston protrusion from the block deck to have them come up close to the head for a quench.  Then I cut the bowls out to allow for a compression reduction and cut valve reliefs in them.  I was aiming for a 11.25 : 1 compression ratio when I built it.  I just degreed the stock cam in at a 105* intake centerline.

There's a few varoius threads where I explained things, put some pictures up but you'll find nothing usefull other than a rant from our village idiot on how this or that is wrong, how it's impossiable to do in the first place....etc.

Point is it's easy to do, weather you want to trim all the relief off the top, or trim and build a quench engine, it's going to take some simple machine work to put them in your engine.  Or a thick custom copper head gasket and no machine work.

-------------
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"

Posted By: mlpankey
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 8:04pm
I really haven't ever figured out why anyone would want to reuse a piston that has been ran 50 years  let alone push the compression ratio up several points on them unless they have some and are trying to push on someone for a quick buck especially when a set of 4 forged pistons at any comp. height can be purchased new with pins for around 450. Not to mention large crevice volumes are bad only thing good  from them is flames out the exhaust from the not burned trapped fuel . It makes a show that will get a wow from uneducated spectators .Crevice volume is  figured at distance of top ring groove to deck of piston on this calc.  http://www.rosspistons.com/products/calculator.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.rosspistons.com/products/calculator.html
put Type:< ="1" name="Units" id="English" value="English" ="">< ="2" name="Units" id="Metric" value="Metric" ="">

< ="3" id="Cylinder_Bore" ="Numeric" ="text" style="width: 60px;">Cylinder Bore (inches)
< ="4" id="Cranshaft_Stroke" ="Numeric" ="text" style="width: 60px;">Crankshaft Stroke (inches)
< ="5" id="Piston_Deck_Clearance" ="Numeric" ="text" style="width: 60px;">Piston Deck Clearance (inches) (Enter - if deck is proud)
< ="6" id="Cylinders" ="Numeric" ="text" style="width: 60px;"># Cylinders
< ="7" id="_CC" ="Numeric" ="text" style="width: 60px;">Head CC
< ="8" id="Dist_Ring_to_Deck" ="Numeric" ="text" style="width: 60px;">Distance From Top of Top Ring Groove to Deck of Piston (inches)
< ="9" id="Top_Land_Degrees_Tapered" ="Numeric" ="text" style="width: 60px;">Degrees Top Land is Tapered (if not tapered leave blank..do not enter 0)
< ="10" id="Gasket_Thickness" ="Numeric" ="text" style="width: 60px;">Gasket Thickness* (inches)
< ="11" id="Compression_Ratio" ="Numeric" ="text" style="width: 60px;">Compression Ratio Desired

(* if you know gasket volume enter a number which will give correct cc in "gasket volume" box below) 

< ="12" value="Calculate" ="menu" ="" style="font-size: 11px; color: rgb0, 0, 0; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">    < value="Clear Values" ="menu" ="" style="font-size: 11px; color: rgb0, 0, 0; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">-

Cubic Inches

Liters:

Deck Volume:

Net Dome CC Needed:

Gasket Vol

-------------
people if they don't already know it you can't tell them. quote yogi berra

Posted By: Rod B
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 11:44am
What's amazing is that pistons cost $650 in March in your ad with no rings but are $450 now after getting busted up haveing to get Ray to do your dirty work.

It's smarter to use 50 yr old pistons that work than it is to use 50 yr old rods that don't work when good ones are available for purchase from a reputable forum member and other suppliers.

-------------
for the money there is nothing better than provoking idiots and posers

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 8:45am
Hey Guys
No one has addressed the question of liquid ballast in the tires verses external wheel weights, must be this question is either too simple or to hard to answer.
NNYACAL

-------------

Posted By: CTuckerNWIL
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 8:59am
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

I really haven't ever figured out why anyone would want to reuse a piston that has been ran 50 years  let alone push the compression ratio up several points on them

Hey spanky, where did you get the idea he wanted to use USED pistons?  I see NOS stuff sell almost every day. Oh ya, NOS means New Old Stock.Wink

-------------
http://www.ae-ta.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF

Posted By: Moderator
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 9:26am
I don't care which side you are on.   Language and adult themes will not be tolerated. Consider yourselves warned. Another offense like that and your gone. If you wonder who is involved, here's a clue... If I deleted your post, you are involved.

-------------
============================================================

The moderator at any given time may be the forum owner, or a trusted assistant. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank You

Posted By: AaronSEIA
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 9:32am
I'll tackle the liquid vs cast weight thing.  If you never plan on changing weight classes then liquid is probably ok.  If you want to roll in as light as possible and starting pulling every weight class from there up, then you need the cast stuff to throw on.  I get to one antique pull a year and see guys run in the 3,500 lb class and throw weight at 250 or 500 lb increments all the way to the 5 or 6,000 classes.  Watch the same tractor about 5 or 6 times weighing more each time.  Need cast for that.
AaronSEIA

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Moderator Moderator wrote:

I don't care which side you are on.   Language and adult themes will not be tolerated. Consider yourselves warned. Another offense like that and your gone. If you wonder who is involved, here's a clue... If I deleted your post, you are involved.
post needs pending also.
el 
Orange Level 

Post Options Post Options 
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?TID=72493&PN=1&TR=10" rel="nofollow -
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?Quote=1&PID=569650&PN=1&TR=10" rel="nofollow -
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/report_post.asp?PID=569650&FID=11&TID=72493&PN=1" rel="nofollow -
  Thanks (0) Thanks(0) 
  Quote&nbsp;wi50  http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?Quote=1&PID=569650&PN=1&TR=10" rel="nofollow - Quote   Post Reply http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?PID=569650&PN=1&TR=10" rel="nofollow - Reply
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72493&PID=569650&title=hi-comp-pistons#569650" rel="nofollow">Direct Link To This Post  Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 11:30am

Those pistons should be a 2.94" compression height, meaning from the center of the wrist pin to the top of the piston measures 2.940".  They have a 70CC dish in them.

Now do the math for those specs and that piston in it's intended 4" stroke engine was right near 8 : 1 (7.85 : 1 to be exact) compression ratio.  Put it in a 4.5" stroke engine and figure the compression ratio... and you'll be in the 12.5 : 1 by simply trimming the tops enough to miss the head.  But you'll need a little valve relief, or trim the pistons more all around for clearance.

I put a set in like you wish to do, I trimmed about .050" off going from memory.  There is a direction arrow cast in the top of the pistons, some of it is still visable after I trimmed them.  I measured them, did the math and cut the appropriate amount to have some piston protrusion from the block deck to have them come up close to the head for a quench.  Then I cut the bowls out to allow for a compression reduction and cut valve reliefs in them.  I was aiming for a 11.25 : 1 compression ratio when I built it.  I just degreed the stock cam in at a 105* intake centerline.

There's a few varoius threads where I explained things, put some pictures up but you'll find nothing usefull other than a rant from our village idiot on how this or that is wrong, how it's impossiable to do in the first place....etc.

Point is it's easy to do, weather you want to trim all the relief off the top, or trim and build a quench engine, it's going to take some simple machine work

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 10:34am
illionois nazi says he seen a 11.25.1 compression ratio tractor rake hay . This means one of two things  with the cam degee in at 105 advance the dynamic compression ratio should be as about equal to the static compression ratio as one can get.  That means the motor octane a demand would be  for high quality octane fuels  . Unless the crevice volume wasn't taken into consideration when static compression was calculated which would in turn lower the static compression ratio lower than what was originally calculated . At the minimum 93 octane would have to be used injunction with low timing and cold plugs and the fuel consumption of  a compression engine would not make a engine with a compression ratio in double digits economical to rake hay with. A stock cam not degree in on 105 advanced and installed straight up or retarded would blow of some cylinder pressure lowering the dynamic compression ratio considerably lower than the calculated static compression ratio wither it was calculated correctly or incorrectly taking in all details or overlooking small details .

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 11:09am

illionois nazi says he seen a 11.25.1 compression ratio tractor rake hay . This means one of two things  with the cam degee in at 105 advance the dynamic compression ratio should be as about equal to the static compression ratio as one can get.  That means the motor octane a demand would be  for high quality octane fuels  . Unless the crevice volume wasn't taken into consideration when static compression was calculated which would in turn lower the static compression ratio lower than what was originally calculated . At the minimum 93 octane would have to be used injunction with low timing and cold plugs and the fuel consumption of  a compression engine would not make a engine with a compression ratio in double digits economical to rake hay with. A stock cam not degree in on 105 advanced and installed straight up or retarded would blow of some cylinder pressure lowering the dynamic compression ratio considerably lower than the calculated static compression ratio wither it was calculated correctly or incorrectly taking in all details or overlooking small details .
How about a third thing Mitch, they were raking with a diesel Big smile

-------------

Posted By: JayIN
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 11:23am
Waa.......waa........waaaaaaaaaa.........

-------------
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"

Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 1:06pm
I guess I can't think of any manufacturer that ever made a true compression ignition (diesel) engine at 11.25 to 1 compression, so I guess they were not raking ray with a diesel.

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

How about a third thing Mitch, they were raking with a diesel Big smile
he says he saw the tractor wi  was talking about a 11.25.1 rake hay at the end of a day

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

What's amazing is that pistons cost $650 in March in your ad with no rings but are $450 now after getting busted up haveing to get Ray to do your dirty work.

It's smarter to use 50 yr old pistons that work than it is to use 50 yr old rods that don't work when good ones are available for purchase from a reputable forum member and other suppliers.
Rod would you put that much compression on a M&W piston manufactured 50 years ago? I remember you saying you wouldn't put that much compression on a new manufactured 413 chrysler cast piston.  

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 4:14pm
Shocked

-------------

Posted By: SF 49ers Fan
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 9:01pm
Ok, I was bad.
I promise to be good, but my fingers are crossed behind my back.
XXXOOO'sHeart

Posted By: Gary in da UP
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 10:13am
 For the average guy pulling on a budget , used pistons could be very welcome.  If the clearence was a bit much they could be knurled and hand fitted.  I I R C , knurling pistons used to be a fairly common fix for taking up a little slop and benifitted  a pistons ability to keep an oil film between its self and the cylinder wall.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Gary in da UP Gary in da UP wrote:

For the average guy pulling on a budget , used pistons could be very welcome.  If the clearence was a bit much they could be knurled and hand fitted.  I I R C , knurling pistons used to be a fairly common fix for taking up a little slop and benifitted  a pistons ability to keep an oil film between its self and the cylinder wall.
knurling tools sell around $200.00.  ceramic coatings is another way to get about .002 .   both remove any economics of utilizing 50 year old pistons. not to mention most want one on here to last 20 years to be considered reliable

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 4:01pm

knurling tools sell around $200.00.  ceramic coatings is another way to get about .002 .   both remove any economics of utilizing 50 year old pistons. not to mention most want one on here to last 20 years to be considered reliable

I had 4 pistons knurled several years ago, for the cost of a 12 pack, but then I didn't tell the guy how to do it or try to impress him with what I knew, or dazzle him with BS.  Knurling pistons is probably one of the least expensive operations in an auto machine shop.   Fitting them to the cylinders is time consuming tho, that part of it I did myself..  Your could benifit by forgetting what you think you know , and find a good machine shop in your area,and let an expert build your engines.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 4:12pm
And that's that folks!!!
XXXOOO'sHeart

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 4:28pm

I had 4 pistons knurled several years ago, for the cost of a 12 pack, but then I didn't tell the guy how to do it or try to impress him with what I knew, or dazzle him with BS.  Knurling pistons is probably one of the least expensive operations in an auto machine shop.   Fitting them to the cylinders is time consuming tho, that part of it I did myself..  Your could benifit by forgetting what you think you know , and find a good machine shop in your area,and let an expert build your engines.

Clap  Probably had half a dozen different knurling tools at the shop I worked. I used them off and on and it seems they will work over and over again without any maintenance. They come in REAL handy for a lot of things other than pistons and if a shop doesn't have one, they can't economically fix a LOT of things like the undersize  front spindles in my 79 F150 4x4.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 5:03pm
Not to many on here own a shop or a knurling tool .For some of us that do  a knurling tool is handy . Yes the shop will knurl them for you that's one way to recover the expense of the tool.  If a piston needs knurled most of the time a closer look would find something else worn on it as well ,examples like  ring lands wrist pin bore etc. Expert machine shops usually try to steer the customer away from using 50 year old parts when new parts are easy to obtain.  Then they are the customers like some that has  expert shop looking for a piston ring that's none existing  remember the shop looking for the ring longer than .005 file fit cause the customers read something on here where someone promotes the use of using worn out parts . Piston technology and materials  have definitely  made progress in the last 50 years making a new old stock fifty year old piston obsolete  to today's  piston manufacturing standards.
Not to mention the same guys promoting use of a 50 year old m&w piston with a 2.9 comp. height also argues for  use of long rods and pistons with short compression height . It kind of makes one wonder if they really believe what they argue or just argue.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 5:39pm

Yes the shop will knurl them for you that's one way to recover the expense of the tool.   Then they are the customers like some that has  expert shop looking for a piston ring that's none existing  remember the shop looking for the ring longer than .005 file fit cause the customers read something on here where someone promotes the use of using worn out parts .

ANY shop worth having will not knurl a piston with bad ring lands unless they are capable of re-cutting the lands and fitting a wider ring or making a back-up ring. 50 year old aluminum pistons will always have the ring groove stretched out beyond acceptable working tolerance.  Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 5:43pm

Yes the shop will knurl them for you that's one way to recover the expense of the tool.   Then they are the customers like some that has  expert shop looking for a piston ring that's none existing  remember the shop looking for the ring longer than .005 file fit cause the customers read something on here where someone promotes the use of using worn out parts .

ANY shop worth having will not knurl a piston with bad ring lands unless they are capable of re-cutting the lands and fitting a wider ring or making a back-up ring. 50 year old aluminum pistons will always have the ring groove stretched out beyond acceptable working tolerance.  Shocked
So your just arguing . Cause you are in a agreement with me  that  a fifty year old piston if new pistons can be obtain even if its custom that the 50 year old pistons belong in scrap bin .  cause knurling re working ring lands opening pin bore to next size etc costs time and time costs money. where do you draw the line in piston repairs. Ps when you quote me quote it all this picking sentence and not showing the complete context is getting old and has always been inmature

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 6:00pm
 It goes without sayin that only a piston that is sound would be re used. As for argueing, That is your only area of expertise., and no one here could argue with that.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 6:04pm
A piston requiring work other than sanding down the casting lines that could create hot spots  and  cutting valve reliefs isn't sound in my opinion. by the sound of it your definition of sound isn't as critical in some areas  as mine. As for arguing I don't argue I express my opinions so others can adopt them for their own

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 6:16pm
Sound is what you hear when the buzzin in your head stops every once in awhile Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 6:24pm

Sound is what you hear when the buzzin in your head stops every once in awhile Big smile
now we switch back to the personal picking . its alright though it lets me know you guy's have  conceded without saying the simple words ,"your right."Wink

-------------

Posted By: Ken(MI)
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 9:18am
I will agree that piston materials have improved in the last 50 years, so has everything else, so putting a "latest and greatest piston" in an engine that was designed 80 years ago and produced 60 years ago, gets you where? I've pulled some pistons out of old tractors that had no discernable wear on them anyplace, so they should be junked because of age alone? I thinks not. Form what I have observed on this Forum, I would place those used pistons down a couple notches in priority and take a basic welding class, and work on my plumbing skills so that said tractor doesn't resemble a Mouse Trap game on steroids that has been victimized by a low flying flock of geese.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 9:40am
Ken,  Panky 's  plan seems to be how quickly he can fill the oil pan with debris, rather than how far down the track he can pull.....don't confuse him with logic....

Posted By: Butch(OH)
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 10:27am

Ken,  ..don't confuse him with logic....

LOLHug Good one!!

Dont ya know that Ken only reads here so he can take Plinky's wisdom back to his shop and sell it to NASCAR????? Re-read Plinks post above, LOL

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 10:50am

Ps when you quote me quote it all this picking sentence and not showing the complete context is getting old and has always been inmature

Uh, You don't get half the knocks you oughta get, you get let off easy here IMO

Since you know how to cut and paste (plagiarize) from un-named sources I would think you could also figure out how cut and paste your personal crypt  to something like Microsoft Word so it could be auto corrected into something the rest of the English speaking world can comprehend????

Should the time ever come when you manage to type complete and proper sentence  I will be more than glad to be the very first person to give you the satisfaction of a quote. 

Until that happens, like everyone else, I can only try to decipher and quote what you type. 

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 11:54am

For all the things wrong with an old set of pistons why do any or our old tractors even run?  Better question is why with pankster's super machine shop located in Tn useing all those new parts why is he near 100 feet behind the leaders in a small class of tractors and when I look at the rules it's a 4mph pace?  It really doesn't take rocket science to go 4mph..... I'm no rocket scientist and built most of a tractor from scratch, used parts, things in the barn and a few new parts that spins the wheels 80+ mph, so 4mph shouldn't be that tough now should it.  Why can I go out with my used "junk" pistons and pull in a class of 20+ tractors and get 2nd place by a few feet one night, maybe a 3rd place another night and be right down there competitive in the top of the class with all the things wrong with my engine?  I mean there's some nice Farmall M's with stroker engines, John Deere 2 cyl's with no expense spared, Minne Mo's, etc. with plenty of motor to compete anywhere, but at 4mph the Allis won't embarass a guy nearly as bad as pankey's results embarass him.

Basic logic will answer that question.  My cylinder head porting sills and mechanical abilities are far superior to those of our "village idiot".  I can get all the way down the track with lots of things wrong and he can't get within 100 feet of the leaders with what he thinks everything right..... if he makes it to a pull or if his engine even runs......Or maybe I just put a decent set of tires on, Rice and Cane tires are not the slick ticket there pank, I hear you show up with them to pull. 

Gary's right pank, maybe you should go back to buying your engines, building them just doesn't seam to be your niche. If you'd like though pank, you can take my tractor so you have one to go pull.  I'm pretty busy with the business and on the weekends when there's pulls I try to get out with the super stock.  Spinning the wheels 20X faster and 3000 hp under the hood is a bit more fun for those of us who like a real challenge.

As far as rakeing any hay with the WD-45, it can, but that bar rake is to slow to use, and it's to small of a tractor to pull a big V-rake.  So it gets used once in a while for some light work.  It's to useless to pull large wagons, fertalizer tanks, etc.  I've got a Ford 4000 Select-o-slip to use also, grandpa bought it new so it has to stay here.  Both tractors are handy though as they run under their own power and I can move them in and out of the shed to get to the real equipment.  But they're still both to useless to do any real work..... the Allis is good for entertainment on the pulling forum as we've seen.

-------------
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 11:59am

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Ken(MI) Ken(MI) wrote:

I will agree that piston materials have improved in the last 50 years, so has everything else, so putting a "latest and greatest piston" in an engine that was designed 80 years ago and produced 60 years ago, gets you where? I've pulled some pistons out of old tractors that had no discernable wear on them anyplace, so they should be junked because of age alone? I thinks not. Form what I have observed on this Forum, I would place those used pistons down a couple notches in priority and take a basic welding class, and work on my plumbing skills so that said tractor doesn't resemble a Mouse Trap game on steroids that has been victimized by a low flying flock of geese.

Ken, just rember this guy claims that he invented wheel adapters.  That a bushing with a set offset will allow for a certain degree of rotation on a camshaft no matter how far from center it is placed and that you can pull air through a cylinder head port and carbuerator past the speed of sound.

But we have no physical evidence other than the pictures you are refering to and the results some have posted.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Some people need to worry about getting to the track, then worry about getting down the track.  It's not like you have to build something to get to the moon and back, you only have to get 320 feet in a straight line.

However I do like the victamized by a low flock of geese comment, I'm glad you can tell the difference between goose dung and chicken dung, it all looks the same to me allong with pankey's welding and machining skillz.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 12:04pm
Did Pank show up and use the free pass in Tomah that you offered? I figured he must of, because I never saw him at Elkhart Lake. I hope he didn't show or I might be jealous. Tenatively I'm going to Mid-Ohio in August, maybe he can stay with Butch, and they can come out to the track together.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:06pm

Did Pank show up and use the free pass in Tomah that you offered? I figured he must of, because I never saw him at Elkhart Lake. I hope he didn't show or I might be jealous. Tenatively I'm going to Mid-Ohio in August, maybe he can stay with Butch, and they can come out to the track together.
plumbing critique from a guy that doesnt  know what R 45 L  is on a set of tubing benders let alone the friction loss for a close 90 degree bend.  yeah I am speculating prove me wrong. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:18pm

[plumbing critique from a guy that doesnt  know what R 45 L  is on a set of tubing benders let alone the friction loss for a close 90 degree bend.  yeah I am speculating prove me wrong. 

Take a trip to Lansing little boy,,,,, make sure you take a good dump before you open Ken's shop door so you don't leave a stinky pile on the floor and then have your jaw drop in it!!

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:59pm

plumbing critique from a guy that doesnt  know what R 45 L  is on a set of tubing benders let alone the friction loss for a close 90 degree bend.  yeah I am speculating prove me wrong. 

No Ken, no Pank.  But he is famous, lots of fans, spectators and fellow competitors ask if I personally know Pank, if he's retarded, on meth or has a genetic disorder.  And to think when I register they give a pound of cheese and a 6 pack of beer and a few chicken dinners he could have had.  Hopefully you fella's had a good laugh in Elkhart Lake also.

Anyway a little question on fluid dynamics being we're on the subject.  What would posess someone to string an oil cooler such as pank's mess?  The further you pump a fluid the more friction loss, pumping loss and power consumption it would have.  If it's cold it's going to take more power to pump. I see the picture of that mess (maybe Butch can post it for us to laugh at again) and ask myself what the point is.  For a guy who claims to be concerened with the fine details I'd have to say it looks more like an after thought and isn't necessary.

I never had to cool any oil on a pulling engine, nor run any coolant in the engine block on any of my "built" engines, but then again it never took me that long to get all the way down the track either.  Of course my "farm stock" engine or the 4mph class tractor needs some cooling, it's pretty boreing ride to go down the track at that speed.  I'd think pank's short runs to about 190 feet (or 100 feet behind the leaders) wouldn't require the use of any cooling devices, no matter how fast the pace is.  I went over 100 feet further many times and never did more then boil a little water in the cylinder head, or draw a little oil up the crankcase evacuater and into the exhaust.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:03pm
I dont think I would approuch the subject of quality work if I had done this, and was proud of it. We will see what the excuse is this time, differs each time it is posted. Unfortunatly we cannot see the hack work on the rear wheels or wheelie bars.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by Moderator Moderator wrote:

post needs pending also.
el 
Orange Level 

Post Options Post Options 
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?TID=72493&PN=1&TR=10" rel="nofollow -
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?Quote=1&PID=569650&PN=1&TR=10" rel="nofollow -
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/report_post.asp?PID=569650&FID=11&TID=72493&PN=1" rel="nofollow -
  Thanks (0) Thanks(0) 
  Quote&amp;nbsp;wi50  http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?Quote=1&PID=569650&PN=1&TR=10" rel="nofollow - Quote   Post Reply http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?PID=569650&PN=1&TR=10" rel="nofollow - Reply
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72493&PID=569650&title=hi-comp-pistons#569650" rel="nofollow">Direct Link To This Post  Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 11:30am

Point is it's easy to do, weather you want to trim all the relief off the top, or trim and build a quench engine, it's going to take some simple machine work
Looks like the Moderator was alright with WI refering to you as the village idiot, the post didn't get fixed or deleted.  On the other hand though you Cry to the Moderator is priceless. 

Maybe you should try fishing or golf Jealous Mitch.  In motor sports peoples feelings can get hurt and there's a lot of potential for disaster.  There I go again, hurting his feelings and pointing out his disasterous try at tractor pulling.

-------------

Posted By: Glockhead SWMI
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:55pm
A picture is worth a thousand words Butch... That is a pathetic attempt at best.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 5:35pm
The difference in southern puling and yankee pulling is we try to keep the water out of the oil and exhaust pan . I have seen so many northern tractors blow water at the end of the pull like marty does in his videos . Seen a natpa points winner that silicon glass had glued the piston rings to the piston . Its not to impressive or saying much for the competition. Then you yanks cant get past a picture of a mockup to see if it works before purchasing the braided hose and a n fittings . South is king in motorsports food beverage and women  .  At the national championship the yankee announcer couldn't anounce the ball game for being awe struck by Miss Alabama must of been the first southern bell he ever had seen. The copper was roll copper bent with long radius to reduce friction loss for mockup  but i agree it looks like a yankee women. ps yankee women the tn redneck will be in edinboro saturday. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:39pm

The difference in southern puling and yankee pulling is we try to keep the water out of the oil and exhaust pan . 

Our most quoted forum member does it once again.  Anyone care to guess what the exhaust pan is?  It's like a muffler belt or a Gleason crank welder, all non existant other than in someone's dreamy mind in TN.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:51pm
its a dream in your world . selecting sentences out of context is childish the point was yours and most north tractors blow water

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:58pm
Mitch, the reason people keep pickin at you is you can't seem to learn from experience on this forum and you keep writing unintelligible remarks trying to show your knowledge which only proves your lack thereof.
 I read Marty's explanation of his video were you still think it's blowin water.
 At least it doesn't dump all it's water when the pistons come out the bottomBig smile

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 7:09pm
we have good beverages.  his moroso vacuum pump shouldn't blow oil at end either. shops closed for fourth when we get back assembly of a big ci  4 cylinder 226 will start i hope to post so marty can see how to build something large in aliis brand since he likes hanging out here. moline and case just isnt much of a repute.
kiss crankcase ventilation 
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/tractor%20parts/0604001414a1.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 7:29pm
sleeves out of a yankee water blower http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/tractor%20parts/pics129.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 8:30pm
Mitch, if you make a proper sized plug and press them out, they won't get all busted up by the hammer blows. Big smile  

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 8:40pm
Most 5th graders would understand how a crankcase evacuater works and how it could pull oil but this still eludes Mitch. Marty explained it in detail but you still don't understand. He said it was an evacuater and not a vacuume pump. Another childish attempt on your part Jealous Mitch.

Nice pics of a bunch of stock parts.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 6:16am
Rob, There is no E in tomato. JBYA
XXXOOO'sHeart

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:35am

What I'm wondering here Mitch, is if you understand the friction loss of that tubing that looks like it was borrowed from Grandpap's still? I would also like to remind you that the war has been over for some time now, so why all the Yankee cracks about women, food and your superior culinary skills? I know many fine people from the south, and always enjoy myself down there, but I really don't see all this superiority you claim. You may lay claim to Deliverance, but Burt Reynolds was born right here in Lansing, bet that fact blows your favorite movie for you. Why don't you quit trying to make us believe all these stories and just be anothere one of the guys? You seem to belittle guys like Gary, Marty, Butch, and others, but WHY? They are all known quantities, pictures of quality workmanship prove it and many have seen it in person, you make great claims, and then post pictures like the above, and virtually no one seems to come out of the woodwork and support your claims.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:33am
Ken, If I thought I could stand 10 hours of rebel smak talk I'd snag Plinky for a Michigan specialty machine shop tour just so YOU have to clean up the dung pile left on your floor when He sees a real shop for the first time..Big smile  

Have you figured out the tubing bender yet, Haha!

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 9:17am
No I haven't Butch, but I've got about 300 steel pretzels made from hydraulic tubing lying around my feet from trying to get it right. I am getting pretty handy with the cutter though.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 9:30am
If your shop is closed for the 4th plinko and you are going to finish freshning up an engine you've been working on for months then you will be able to take the time and show us how the pistons are removed through the bottom.

I didn't think that it takes professional machine shops with 5 employes several months to freshen an engine, a complete pulling season will pass before you get it freshened, I can't imagine how many years it would take for you to build on on your own.  Is this why you are waiting on money to purchase cam cores?  Maybe those stories about the lazy and unmotivated southerners are true. 

-------------

Posted By: Ihateillinoisnazis
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 10:15am
Originally posted by SF 49ers Fan SF 49ers Fan wrote:

XXXOOO'sHeart

And there is no "b" in "Rod". If you wanna nit pick spelling you better have yours correct.   Nice try, next time try harder...

Posted By: THE-MAN
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 11:11am
Nazi, it's probably the other half of mitchs split personality

Posted By: Ihateillinoisnazis
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

The difference in southern puling and yankee pulling is we try to keep the water out of the oil and exhaust pan . 

<FONT style=": #000000"> 

<FONT style=": #000000">Our most quoted forum member does it once again.  Anyone care to guess what the exhaust pan is?  It's like a muffler belt or a Gleason crank welder, all non existant other than in someone's dreamy mind in TN.

<FONT style=": #000000"> 

49 probably attended spunk's school of spelling. ...almost as fascinating as spunk's school of balance and air flow....

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 11:47am
And his union plumbing job. Heck let's group it together n call it spunk101

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Ihateillinoisnazis Ihateillinoisnazis wrote:

Originally posted by SF 49ers Fan SF 49ers Fan wrote:

XXXOOO'sHeart

And there is no "b" in "Rod". If you wanna nit pick spelling you better have yours correct.   Nice try, next time try harder...

Thats funny and your touchy!!!Angry 
XXXOOO'sHeart

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:11pm

What I'm wondering here Mitch, is if you understand the friction loss of that tubing that looks like it was borrowed from Grandpap's still? I would also like to remind you that the war has been over for some time now, so why all the Yankee cracks about women, food and your superior culinary skills? I know many fine people from the south, and always enjoy myself down there, but I really don't see all this superiority you claim. You may lay claim to Deliverance, but Burt Reynolds was born right here in Lansing, bet that fact blows your favorite movie for you. Why don't you quit trying to make us believe all these stories and just be anothere one of the guys? You seem to belittle guys like Gary, Marty, Butch, and others, but WHY? They are all known quantities, pictures of quality workmanship prove it and many have seen it in person, you make great claims, and then post pictures like the above, and virtually no one seems to come out of the woodwork and support your claims.
thats what i thought ken has no clue to what the markings on a tubing bender are  .   a 1/2 inch close radius 90 has the same friction loss as 2 feet of straight tubing

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by THE-MAN THE-MAN wrote:

Nazi, it's probably the other half of mitchs split personality

And we have another Keyboard Commando on here!!!Wacko
XXXOOO'sHeart

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by NNYACAL NNYACAL wrote:

Does anyone out there know if you can install ap46 M&W pistons in a series four d-17 without any cutting?
Next what are some experiencies with rear wheel weights versus liquid
ballast?

Boy did you ever come to the wrong place to ask!!!
See what you went and started.
XXXOOO'sHeart

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:12pm

] thats what i thought ken has no clue to what the markings on a tubing bender are  .   a 1/2 inch close radius 90 has the same friction loss as 2 feet of straight tubing

Today the excuse for the grade school installation is long radius bends. Yesterday it was just a fit up, several months ago it was mocked up for Marty. As originally posted you were  proud of it.. until somebody told you it looked like Chit. 

As for who doesnt know about tubing benders it has only been a day Plinko?? But just for you please post that under this picture of your work so I can save it for future generations to chuckle at? 

Southern fluid dynamic engineering at Plank the Crank speed shop. Who needs a bender when you have a rock in each hand is our motto. 

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:19pm
 Butch, what does it matter ? It's hillbilly yard art. Some where else there prolly other assorted "decorations" , you know,  like a vega or something on its side to make that tranny swap easier.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:33pm
Thanks WI50
Took the NOS pistons to the machine shop yesterday and they removed .170
as you advised looks just perfect installed in new3 sleeves in the
cylinder, will finish porting and polishing the head and intake soon.
I now have a D-17 series one with AP48 installed with minor porting and polishing that turns 72 H.P. on the dyno and has won many pulls, lots
of fun on a limited budget.

-------------

Posted By: BRYAN H
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 7:29am
WI50
I NEED YOUR PHONE NUMBER. I NEED A ENGINE PARTS
BRYAN

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:05am

thats what i thought ken has no clue to what the markings on a tubing bender are  .   a 1/2 inch close radius 90 has the same friction loss as 2 feet of straight tubing
You are correct Panky, I have not used a tubing bender in several years, and from the looks of your work, you have never used one. If I was going to, I can assure you the outcome would be drastically different from yours. It seems that you bolster your ego by testing others to see what they know even when your own workmanship is demonstrated as a notch past rough. It must make you feel good to fail someone with one of your "tests", but the pathetic part is, you make big quotes, but your end product aint so good. I'm going North this weekend, and even though I'm not much on pictures, I'll get some of my amatuer fabrication work on one of my tractors and post on Monday, let's say wheelie bars, I'll post my pics, you post yours, and we will let the guys on here judge, I built mine 8 or 10 years ago, and I will take pics as is, you get all weekend to grind and shine and do whatever.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:33am

Butch, what does it matter ? It's hillbilly yard art. .

Hmmm, you have a point there, I'll bet the chassis is out front surrounded with old toilets and white painted tires filled with purdy posies Big smile.  We can look forward to Ken's pictures at least, ithey will thin out the work of the resident hilljack hack from Vols country and along with Marty's work bring the quality up around here. 

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 10:45am
Sorry Bryan I forgot to get back to you earlier, sometimes I forget to answer and sometimes I just run out of time.  715-790-1869 and if it's Deforest as in Deforest WI, I'll be down in Eitzen Mn tonight, Waupun Wi. on saturday night and the following sat night down in Monroe Wi.

That's right pank I'll be pulling at places that exist with real spectators and competition.  But I have no doubts that I will not be bringing home any top honors.  See Lynn and Peissig, have 30 yrs of experience, and several Grand National titles.   Whettelson and the Chezik teams are running strong with some TB powerplants and have results to back up my claims that they are tough, the Red Thunder machine, Swenby and others have a few years on me also.  But we all get allong pretty good and try to get everyone down the track as far as possiable.  We even make a few southerner jokes.  We've only made 4 passes and are still in tuneing stages..... but none the less I'm hopeing to make it down the track each and every time and get lucky once in a while.  I'm sure Pankey Motorsports has perfect passes the first time out, every time.  But do us a favor and let me know who's running your stuff........  I love all the rednecks that come up and know just what to do to make things better, my reply is alwayse the same "so you built one also, how'd you do tonight?"

It's not like you pank to back down from a challenge like Ken is offering.  Rod has been challenging to see how to get pistons out the bottom on the  4 7/8 bore engine but you're ignoring him also.  Several of us have asked to see you pull in person, see the results, location, time, etc. it's all important information you can pass allong.  I could participate in the wheelie bar-fabrication challenge to I suppose, I could do you a favor and find your hideous pictures, double click on them and post them in this thread if you don't have time to do so by monday.  Just give me some time to get them up, or hopefully once again Butch would take care of the dirty work if he has the time.  ( dirty work- an acronym for pics of pankeys work)

And last but not least, thank's for the yankee comments.  In case you haven't heard, the war is over and the north (or yankees) won. There's 2 sides to every battle and in the end there's a winner and a looser.  So calling someone is yank is like saying "you're a winner".  Nothing has changed in the past few hundred years, the north still has the technology, the advances and the design and manufactureing and the sheer mechanical ability to dominate.  There's a good share of good people in the south, but for some of them there's plenty of ignorance thinking that the war is still going on and worried about what "dem dar yanks is up to". 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:01am
Originally posted by NNYACAL NNYACAL wrote:

Took the NOS pistons to the machine shop yesterday

Here ya go pank,  I didn't delete the rest of the words in the paragraph I quoted to be as you would say "childish".  I deleted them so you would have less to read and comprehend.  I've noticed that to much information isn't good and can be over your head and wasted.  Like drawing a vacuume on a hose with oil spraying past the end of it can cause oil to be drawn up.  Heat from exhaust can cause oil to burn and smoke.

Know what NOS means?  New Old Stock..... meaning his 50yr old pistons are in 50yr old new condition.  Sure not as nice a ordering a new set with the latest greatest trick of the week, but totally useable and fine for those of us who go have a little fun at a public event with an old tractor.  

Not really worth a week of fretting and several pages on a public forum of people embarassing you now is it? 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 3:58pm
Sorry Marty but did a quick look and only found a wheel pic but it's good for purposes of this discussion maybe? Obviously this was not during the Rice and Cane tire period.

I dont know how this was done but my guess is Panks Cranks has apparently found many uses for the broad axe in his speed shop?  Maybe he will explain?? 
 Was hoping to catch a glimpse of the Gleason in one of the shop pics, they are a neat machine.  He must keep it outside somewhere? I hope under a tarpShocked

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:52am
picture in 2009 or 2010 don't have that two bay garage anymore nor did i have a gleason at that two bay garage. remember i bought this one when the two bay left.
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/150_zpsad393d90.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:03am
I know if you where thinking that body work might be the only thing i couldn't do .Get that idea out of your head also  new inner fenders quarter panel and rear tail pan was installed by me and painted by me in this 67. http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/Resampled_2011-10-10_14-45-23_985-1.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:10am
I had planned to put the .100 over 427 in the camaro . you know it came out of the 8.90 quick rod with the dragster headers that swept over the slicks with the morso scavenging system like marty runs that he says will pump oil into the headers.   Its amazing that the ihra/nhra tech officials would let us run such a system over the slicks if it does like marty says is normal during every pass.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:34pm
So you'll have no problem showing us pics of yourself, the 5 machinists and your gleason on monday.  Make sure to include yourself in the pic at the helm of the gleason.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

So you'll have no problem showing us pics of yourself, the 5 machinists and your gleason on monday.  Make sure to include yourself in the pic at the helm of the gleason.
i haven't got as much problem showing pictures as you do.  I find it hard for you to be as demanding on pictures when you post none and have been asked several times to by different people .  Monday i will be in edinboro till the 21st remember

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:53pm
After a beatdown like you're takeing here, you will need a few weeks off.  Better get those pics before monday then.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:59pm
Wi lets talk about embarrassing trouble. Its apparent you have had trouble with main cap breakage to the point of going to all kind of extremes to reduce your failures from it. Heres a tip  stake or pin caps align hone caps original ones and definitely  made ones . pinning or staking caps will reduce cap walk or oscillations .  Tip two the smaller the journal diameter the more clearance needed cause the crank tends to whip more with smaller journals. The crank any crank should flex and the clearances should be set for crank flex. A crank that can't flex is a  invite for a broken bottom end. Wi i would like to extend a Thank you to you ,since you posted the bottom end pictures of the mains in your wc  work at our shop has really started coming in . We get to fix all the overlooked problems a person creates by trying to reduce main cap failure by  following your post on it. We find steel caps of various sizes since your posts , not square, off center, shimmed , no hone marks indicating its not been align honed since caps were struck on it not fitted and a crank shaft that can not be turned without use of a  bar let alone by hand .   I wonder if the fitting of caps has been overlooked by you as it has been by your following. Either way its cash in my pocket

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 8:24am
Did this post and all the drama with it finally die???
mlpankey had the last word.
That makes him the winner.Hug
XXXOOO'sHeart

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 8:43am
You are some sort of fake. You also bring nothing to the forum. At least Pank RodB WI50 Nazihater Ken Butch(oh) Carl and myself are arguing tractor based stuff. You dont. You serve no purpose here. Why did someone make you up again?

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:07am
Sounds like someone is upset.Angry
Try harder on another topic and you could also be the winner.
XXXOOO'sHeart

Posted By: blue924.9
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:24am

The difference in southern puling and yankee pulling is we try to keep the water out of the oil and exhaust pan . I have seen so many northern tractors blow water at the end of the pull like marty does in his videos . Seen a natpa points winner that silicon glass had glued the piston rings to the piston . Its not to impressive or saying much for the competition. Then you yanks cant get past a picture of a mockup to see if it works before purchasing the braided hose and a n fittings . South is king in motorsports food beverage and women  .  At the national championship the yankee announcer couldn't anounce the ball game for being awe struck by Miss Alabama must of been the first southern bell he ever had seen. The copper was roll copper bent with long radius to reduce friction loss for mockup  but i agree it looks like a yankee women. ps yankee women the tn redneck will be in edinboro saturday. 

Gee here in Yankee country we do stuff like manufacture some stuff still. Not to mention that Iowa, where I live is the number one pork and corn producing state. The south couldn't make do without the north in the civil war then and they still can't now, which is good as it keeps the country together as for southern women, don't you hate that it's your cousin every time

Posted By: blue924.9
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:29am

we have good beverages.  his moroso vacuum pump shouldn't blow oil at end either. shops closed for fourth when we get back assembly of a big ci  4 cylinder 226 will start i hope to post so marty can see how to build something large in aliis brand since he likes hanging out here. moline and case just isnt much of a repute.
kiss crankcase ventilation 
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/tractor%20parts/0604001414a1.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

He changed his mind again. just the other day he was saying something about not pulling with anything smaller than 500 cubic inches

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:29am
Originally posted by THE-MAN THE-MAN wrote:

You are some sort of fake. You also bring nothing to the forum. At least Pank RodB WI50 Nazihater Ken Butch(oh) Carl and myself are arguing tractor based stuff. You dont. You serve no purpose here. Why did someone make you up again?

I love the line "You also bring nothing to the forum", Is this what you call bringing something to the forum?

[QUOTE=THE-MAN]And his union plumbing job. Heck let's group it together n call it spunk101

Now that is some tractor based stuff!!!

XXXOOO'sHeart

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 2:54am

Wi lets talk about embarrassing trouble. Its apparent you have had trouble with main cap breakage to the point of going to all kind of extremes to reduce your failures from it. Heres a tip  stake or pin caps align hone caps original ones and definitely  made ones . pinning or staking caps will reduce cap walk or oscillations .  Tip two the smaller the journal diameter the more clearance needed cause the crank tends to whip more with smaller journals. The crank any crank should flex and the clearances should be set for crank flex. A crank that can't flex is a  invite for a broken bottom end. Wi i would like to extend a Thank you to you ,since you posted the bottom end pictures of the mains in your wc  work at our shop has really started coming in . We get to fix all the overlooked problems a person creates by trying to reduce main cap failure by  following your post on it. We find steel caps of various sizes since your posts , not square, off center, shimmed , no hone marks indicating its not been align honed since caps were struck on it not fitted and a crank shaft that can not be turned without use of a  bar let alone by hand .   I wonder if the fitting of caps has been overlooked by you as it has been by your following. Either way its cash in my pocket

I never had any main cap or main bearing problems. I built parts to prevent problems before I had any.

What would make you think a guy can make steel caps and put on a block without doing any line boreing and honeing? Only a complete idiot would post what you did here. An idiot with no practical experience. Allis even used shims under the caps to get these old crude parts to fit. Quit posting this rubbish and getting your nose rubbed in it. It's not usefull but at least it's entertaining.

And please figure out if you think I used a vac pump or an exhaust drawn device to pull a negative pressure on the crankcase. I've pretty well laid out the physics of it, explained it and you're still on different systems depending on what post one reads.

Now on to more plinko stupidity................

-------------

Posted By: Glockhead SWMI
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 11:45am
What did you spray that camaro with Panks? You got a restoration shop too?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net