Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27726
Printed Date: 12 May 2024 at 9:08pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Your Thoughts
Posted By: orangereborn
Subject: Your Thoughts
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 11:55am
I have two 400 Bu grain carts in NE that I need to get back to WI.  Had planned to remove the wheels and they will haul legal.  One is 450 miles and the other 500 plus. 
Thought pulling may be easier but figured that may not be realistic.  My grain hauler
told me yesterday he bought a 400 bu in MD and they are going to drive out and pull it 1400 miles.  Mine have implement type tread and his have turf type.  Am I out of touch?  What is your vote/thought?   Thanks........Dale

Replies:
Posted By: bill2260
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 12:36pm
I once pulled a nh648 round baler from abbotstown pa to oakland md around 200 miles. I would n't want to do that everyday, but got along fine even on interstate. Pulled it around 50 mph with state police passing me no problem. Bill

Posted By: 70Standard
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 6:19pm
Give Willie Welchert at Welchert Trucking a call at (402) 740-1303 or (402) 468-5667 a call.  He hauls farm equipment around the midwest and is pretty reasonable on his pricing.

-------------
Roof Palomino (SN 224), Chetech Pug UTV, Three Green Tractors and one Red Tractor.

Posted By: Eric NY
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 6:45pm
Do your imp or turf tires a favor and see if you can find a set of highway truck tires to bolt on for the trip home. Unless the ag tires are DOT rated they are not designed for extended highways speeds, 200 miles would probably not be a problem..........but 1400 miles?
Eric NY            www.sedamtire.com

Posted By: John (C-IL)
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Eric NY Eric NY wrote:

Do your imp or turf tires a favor and see if you can find a set of highway truck tires to bolt on for the trip home. Unless the ag tires are DOT rated they are not designed for extended highways speeds, 200 miles would probably not be a problem..........but 1400 miles?
Eric NY            www.sedamtire.com
I'm thinking that a pair of super singles from one of the big gravity wagons would bolt right on. Not sure about pulling them down the interstate, but they would pull good with truck tires on them. The only other problem would be seeing around them. If they are over 102" wide you should also put wide load signs on them.

Posted By: michaelwis
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 8:48pm
Pull em one behind the other .. Neighbor was pullin 8  empty gravity boxes behind his 8050 .. and Wis. State Patrol  pulled him over last fall .. and asked  him what the hell he was doin ?  Dave says i,m pullin  8 gravity boxes what the hell  do you thjink i,m doin ? State guy says wait there a second ... comes back with the camera .. shoots a pic .. and says .. aint never seen a situation like this before ...i gota have a picture ...  nobody will believe me ..  
and Dave goes .. ok ? .. SP .. told him to get goin .. no ticket .....

-------------
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer

Posted By: BradinNWWI
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 10:58pm
Don't know exactly where you live but Buhr Brothers out of Clear Lake haul a lot of those dump carts out of Pixall they could probably pick them up on a return trip.

Posted By: Eldon (WA)
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 11:25pm
Haul a load down to pay for your fuel, load em up and don't worry about tires or bearings....

-------------
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:

Posted By: SHAMELESS
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 2:53am
if they are implement type tread, they might be old airplane tires! they won't bother the  on the trip! most i've seen were those type tires. maybe call and ask if they are!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net