Forum Description: For sale or wanted items
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=195007
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:34pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: WANTED Onan CCKB parts
Posted By: Bird76Mojo
Subject: WANTED Onan CCKB parts
Date Posted: 06 May 2023 at 7:43pm
I'm looking to convert my Onan CCKA into a CCKB. I'm needing tins, flywheel shroud, possibly flywheel, intake manifold, carb, air filter system with tubing, etc.. Would buy a complete CCKB that was blown or locked up if the price was right.

Gerald

Replies:
Date Posted: 12 May 2023 at 11:14pm
Bump to the top. Anyone?

Posted By: WF owner
Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 5:45am
I have some parts from an AC 616 (Onan CCK engine). Are the parts different from a CCK to a CCKB engine?

Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 9:23am
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

I have some parts from an AC 616 (Onan CCK engine). Are the parts different from a CCK to a CCKB engine?

They are different. The intake manifold is a different design. Air filter system, carb, tins, etc..

Posted By: Acdiesel
Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 10:06am
Check Ebay

-------------
D19 diesel,D17 diesel SER.3 D14 NF,D14 WF, D15 SER.II wf
D15 SER.2 DIESEL,D15 ser.II nf
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
I'm a pharmacist (farm assist) with a PHD (post hole digger)

Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Acdiesel Acdiesel wrote:

Check Ebay

I have. The only parts on there are the same parts that have been way overpriced for ages now.

Date Posted: 26 May 2023 at 9:47am
Bumperino

Posted By: Rod in MN
Date Posted: 26 May 2023 at 9:59am
Hi   I will have to look when I get back to look at the engines that are at Dads farm.

Posted By: Codger
Date Posted: 26 May 2023 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Bird76Mojo Bird76Mojo wrote:

[QUOTE=Acdiesel]Check Ebay

I have. The only parts on there are the same parts that have been way overpriced for ages now.[/QUOTE

Isn't that the truth. Still have my 1962 5KW CCK generator set and when needing a carb kit, was shocked at some of the asking prices listed on things. Made one myself eventually.

-------------
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.

Date Posted: 26 May 2023 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Rod in MN Rod in MN wrote:

Hi   I will have to look when I get back to look at the engines that are at Dads farm.

Let me know what you find! Thank you.

Posted By: AC720Man
Date Posted: 27 May 2023 at 10:25pm
I have a spare complete CCKB, hasn’t been ran for 10 years since I bought it. I purchased it as a spare. Haven’t decided if I’m willing to sell it but I would entertain an offer for it. PM me

-------------
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD

Date Posted: 28 May 2023 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by AC720Man AC720Man wrote:

I have a spare complete CCKB, hasn’t been ran for 10 years since I bought it. I purchased it as a spare. Haven’t decided if I’m willing to sell it but I would entertain an offer for it. PM me

PM sent.

Posted By: AC720Man
Date Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:33am
PM returned

-------------
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 10:10pm
Surely someone has an Onan CCKB laying around after their repower????

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 9:28pm
Anyone?

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 10:03pm
Still looking...

Posted By: Tom IA
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 8:31am
 I have a cckb complete no sheet metal $50.00 

Posted By: DaveKamp
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 9:01am
I have an Onan CCK of some flavor on my mobile work platform Formerly Known As detassling machine, but I have no idea what model it actually is.  It is a cantankarous pig that I've considered replacing with something else.  If you can clarify the CCKB with pictures illustrating specifically what to look for, that would help...

-------------
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Tom IA Tom IA wrote:

I have a cckb complete no sheet metal $50.00 

I'm needing sheetmetal as well.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 10:48am
Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

I have an Onan CCK of some flavor on my mobile work platform Formerly Known As detassling machine, but I have no idea what model it actually is.  It is a cantankarous pig that I've considered replacing with something else.  If you can clarify the CCKB with pictures illustrating specifically what to look for, that would help...

Like this one:

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 6:27am
Nothing found yet.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 7:10am
Am I understanding that you have a running CCKA and want to convert to a CCKB by adding the correct external parts only? I think I know a guy that has one but before I bother him more information is needed.

You can PM me a dollar threshold you are looking at staying within but you are chasing something that is getting a bit difficult to source so the pricing will be according to supply/demand.

-------------
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 6:32pm
I have a running CCKA that smokes terribly that I'm wanting to convert to a CCKB when I transfer all of the parts over to one of the NOS shortblocks that I have.

I don't really have a dollar threshold that I was trying to stay within, but I know when something is overpriced. CCKB's were built by the hundreds of thousands and many are sitting around. It's just a matter of finding the right deal on one.

For the prices many are asking for parts, I could buy another non-running 620 or 720 like I did with mine. I picked up all three of my tractors for $500 each or less.

Originally posted by Codger Codger wrote:

Am I understanding that you have a running CCKA and want to convert to a CCKB by adding the correct external parts only? I think I know a guy that has one but before I bother him more information is needed.

You can PM me a dollar threshold you are looking at staying within but you are chasing something that is getting a bit difficult to source so the pricing will be according to supply/demand.

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 6:29am
I've not been around many Onan CCK series engines myself but see via internet research some of the benefits of going to the CCKB series over the CCKA series. That side draft carb setup has to be more reliable than the downdraft of the earlier variants as they seem to require fiddling with if not used often. Today's gasolines are not kind to them. I purposely starve mine out so none of this crap remains in the carburetor bowl.

I did call and left a message to ascertain if any parts are still around.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 8:52am
Thank you for calling them! I'm mainly after the added HP. I'll probably switch to the Kohler carb as well.

I've not been around many Onan CCK series engines myself but see via internet research some of the benefits of going to the CCKB series over the CCKA series. That side draft carb setup has to be more reliable than the downdraft of the earlier variants as they seem to require fiddling with if not used often. Today's gasolines are not kind to them. I purposely starve mine out so none of this crap remains in the carburetor bowl.

I did call and left a message to ascertain if any parts are still around.

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 12:06pm
I seen most of those were up a few ponies which can't hurt anything. Not heard anything back but when I do I'll respond.

Where you at in the Communist Republic of Illinois? I'm due west of Peoria about 22 miles but originally from Springfield, (for the most part).

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 7:15pm
I'm about a half hour east of Effingham.

I seen most of those were up a few ponies which can't hurt anything. Not heard anything back but when I do I'll respond.

Where you at in the Communist Republic of Illinois? I'm due west of Peoria about 22 miles but originally from Springfield, (for the most part).

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 7:39pm
Know the area well as have family around the area. I haul grain in the fall around Bethany, Shelbyville, Effingham, and over by Newton for family. I haul equipment all over the state for the implement dealer too.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 7:51pm
Small world huh.. TGM?

Know the area well as have family around the area. I haul grain in the fall around Bethany, Shelbyville, Effingham, and over by Newton for family. I haul equipment all over the state for the implement dealer too.

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 8:23pm
Yup. Get over to Sigel swapping implements too fairly often. Have uncle just south on 40, and another on 45.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 8:41pm
I was just over at Sigel looking at that sweet Allis 8050 and taking pictures to show to my father. Small world indeed. You probably met my friend Jake that works for TGM. Another Allis garden tractor fan/collector.

Yup. Get over to Sigel swapping implements too fairly often. Have uncle just south on 40, and another on 45.

Posted By: DON G
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 5:12pm

Facebook has Allis Chalmers site also.

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 5:26pm
I'm not on Facebook. I deleted my account several years ago.

Originally posted by DON G DON G wrote:

Facebook has Allis Chalmers site also.

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 6:41pm
That 8050 is nice. Have seen it myself. I hauled an 8010 over there a couple of months ago and for some reason it came back. I believe it sold up in this area after being transported to Sigel. Paid twice to haul the same tractor so alright by me.....

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 6:54am
Nothing back on the CCKB parts as of yet.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 11:11am
Still looking..

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 9:44pm
Still looking...

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 9:56pm
I need to follow up on this as have forgotten.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 10:28pm

I need to follow up on this as have forgotten.

I'd appreciate the assistance for sure. I haven't had any luck finding anything reasonably priced that's anywhere near where I live. I'd like to find something in central Illinois or Indiana.

I know they're out there. I've been searching through piles of engines at a shop in Lerna IL that the owner passed away and his family is going through decades of collecting/repairing. So far they only had an Onan BG series from something like a JD tractor.

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 10:57pm
I sent off an email to a buddy in Springfield that is a mower mechanic and high school friend. Said he'll look through the storage trailer out back of the shop that has a lot of older stuff in it. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 11:03pm

I sent off an email to a buddy in Springfield that is a mower mechanic and high school friend. Said he'll look through the storage trailer out back of the shop that has a lot of older stuff in it. 

Awesome! Thank you!

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 6:12am
Still a no go on these parts for you. Said he went through the complete trailer without success. Still a couple of places to look however.

Must of not been too popular eh?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 11:01am
There is plenty of them out there. Now that I'm in to these tractors, I see them everywhere. It's just that they're still in service, or the owner "is gonna get it going someday", etc.. I appreciate you hunting around for me!

If I had a FB account, I'd go get this one for the price and cannibalize it:  https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1392535144934441/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1392535144934441/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

Still a no go on these parts for you. Said he went through the complete trailer without success. Still a couple of places to look however.

Must of not been too popular eh?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net