Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=190812
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 4:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: been interesting
Posted By: shameless dude
Subject: been interesting
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 1:08am
the work involved with selling the farm, auction is Nov 8th, can see the listing on Farmersnational.com under Nebraska in Washington county. bid if ya want, would love to have any of ya'll as neighbors! oh...the big house on the site is for sale as well. i'll fill ya'll in sometime later on what has happened here!

Replies:
Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 8:10am
Dale, is this what you, and the ‘stockholders’ have?

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 2:37pm
LAND

https://farmersnational.com/realestate/search/xq/asp/list_numb.17036/qx/listing.htm" rel="nofollow - https://farmersnational.com/realestate/search/xq/asp/list_numb.17036/qx/listing.htm

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 2:38pm
HOUSE

https://farmersnational.com/realestate/search/xq/asp/list_numb.16985/qx/listing.htm" rel="nofollow - https://farmersnational.com/realestate/search/xq/asp/list_numb.16985/qx/listing.htm

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 9:16pm
Well now you all know where that durn 'purty makin' machine is at... so go down and give it some dyn-o-mite to it and send it to smith-r-rins!
  Dang it Shameless, such purty country there. To bad ye had them friggen stuckholders with them grubby fingers involved.
 Good Luck with them auctions.

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Posted By: klinemar
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 6:33am
Shameless, I know for me selling the Cows and associated equipment was emotional! I can only offer my thoughts on the selling of the Family Farm. Life will be different with new owners. And you will have to find a new place to park the Snow Machine!

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 11:10pm
This was Grandpa's and Dad's farm, i have kept my 1/3 of the farm where I live. guess i'll become a farmer again. i have kept most of my equipment, still gotta find another tillage tractor tho. the other stockholders are millionaires, but they seem to need more! I settle up with them the end of this month, still dunno if i'll attend the auction or not, i'm pretty sad about it all. but at least i'll get to keep some of it alive, we'll build the new house on the property, back away from the highway, away from engine braking, drunks driving on the rubble bars, keeping our pets safer, quieter so we can talk to each other outside andd not hafta wait till all the traffic passes before saying anything! thanks Steve for posting that info! oh....and one of the best parts is....the big green farmers will be gone after the harvest! no longer welcome on my property.  

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 12:50am
Oh man Dale,  Hope you don't have the pains of loss.  Sad to hear about it being your grandpa's and dad's farm.
 But, now those leech's will only have themselves to blame for getting rid of the heritage... tho it seems they don't care about that.   Just remember, they can't eat paper... or electronic digits in their bank accounts if they can't find food to buy.
  Good Luck.

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 6:29am
Found out cousins sold the IL farm, neighbor is a big dairy farm and has been doing most of the farming anyway as a lease. They will use it for their facility feed stocks.
212 acres, just under $9000 acre, own first cousin is in her 80s where is moving into daughter’s home at Edwardsville. Farm had been family owned since 1903.

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 6:53am
do NOT go to the auction ! Aside from the emotional aspect, you'll end up BUYING most of the equipment( hay, that's a good price, I could use it..... ) then trying to figure out WHERE can you store it Big smile
I'm on the same creek, just a smaller boat. This week... was told to remove my tractor sheds  from next door THEN 'told' to dig a big friggin hole to get water plumbed into what was MY  building.
I don't get mad or upset, just shrug my shoulders and carry on. Off to garage to get the furnace going..
..won't be too long and that dang 'machine' will be started up, grrrrrrrrrr...

take a deep breath,smile and be happy......

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 7:16am
I like your style Jay!!

Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 7:26am
I wouln't go. Take the mrs and go do something you enjoy. maybe a motel with hourly rates

Only time i saw my father cry was the day they auctioned off the farm.

Posted By: fixer1958
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 10:15am
Father in law auctioned off all off his farm equipment several years ago when he gave it up. Had the old house he was born and grew up in. It was falling apart. Prepped it through the county regs to burn it down. I was the only one there with him when he put the torch to it. It was a sad day for him. I could feel it. He is a strong man and carries a lot of burden.
He put in a new house and moved on with his life.
Still farms but not at the same capacity as long as it doesn't interfere with fishing.
He has enough fish to last him 3 months in his freezer. 

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 12:39pm
Dale, sad to see the farm being sold because of greed. That is some beautiful land and a beautiful older house with a lot of character. I love the wood floors. That is a heritage that once gone can never be recovered. Thankfully I still have the property that I grew up on and my grandparents and great grandparents on my Mom's side once owned. Some of my cousins own other tracts of the land and they also value heritage over money.

Take the advice previously given and don't go to the auction. Take what you have been able to salvage and carry on. Look on the positive side: you won't have to deal with the stockholders anymore and you and your bride will be getting a new house.

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Posted By: Alberta Phil
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 8:52pm
Don't go to the auction.  Take the missus and go looking at designs for your (her)? new house.  Something you can do together for your future! 

Posted By: JohnColo
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:41am
It looks like an online auction to me, unless you go to the Blair library.  There is no machinery in the auction, only the land, as far as I can see.  Dale is keeping his house and buildings but plans on building a new house further off the road, mainly, I suspect, so he can hide the "Pretty Machine"!

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 5:39am

Well,,,Chit,,fellars,,,ya'll missed it for sure,,,and,,,,and,,,it sittin right out in the open,,,,Now,,,I ain't sayin nuttin cause he KNOWS where I live,,,,but did'nt anybody notice that shiny silo just sittin out there by itself,,,,,?? They's so much traffic around it,,,!  You can almost see that chain he pulls to lift the top off,,,,UMMm,,,I'm outa  here,,,,,,WinkWink

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:08am
yep....the "machine" is gonna stay with me...I may do some mods...so to make it produce with a vengence this year!

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 6:24am
Oh Great

Posted By: FloydKS
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 7:49am
There will not be any 'vengence' if'n you can't find any moisture to put through the machine. note: we need some more moisture... but not put through the machine.

-------------
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die

Posted By: fixer1958
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 7:58am
Expect nothing less.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 8:27am
DANG IT!!

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 12:48am
well Floyd...I gotta have a new well done if'n we're gonna build...i'll make sure it's a good producer!

Posted By: FloydKS
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 7:22am
gettin dry enough here, could even use the 'white' moisture.

-------------
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 1:53pm
 It sure isn't dry here in Ohio and have rain in forcast through Wednesday.
Good Luck and I agree sale day would be a good day for you and your wife to go look at house plans.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 8:28pm
Shameless, how are you feeling about the upcoming auction?  I'm surprised at how high the property taxes are, $83 per acre.  In my part of Colorado they are $38 which is about double what they were 20 years ago. 
Thinking of you, stay strong!

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:04am
thanks everyone for your nice thoughts! there isn't any equipment on the auction, the equipment that was used for years belonged to me and i kept most of it when in first retired, i would like to attend the auction just to see who the vultures are. I retained approx 1/3 of the farm along with some cash. I have owned it now since Sept 30th. no more association with the stockholders. they have no more hold on my property either. been busy cutting out alot of trees, fixing on the house, changing things around outside, the crops are all out, gotta drive back behing and see where we wanna build. the house on the auction was grandpas house, he built it in 1902. i have the saw he used to saw the lumber for the house and all the out buildings on that place....that aren't there anymore...because of the stockholders! just the house was left and they wanted to bull doze that too, til i stepped in and offered bodily harm! yes   John the taxes are high here, Nebraska...the tax me state! lol. sooooooo.....I missed out becoming a millionaire, but we are happy  now! we also haven't had much rain here this year either, and i wanted to disk the bean ground so it would soak up any rain we might get this fall rather than it running off the hard packed ground. a buddy let me use his big ole 4x4 dualed up articulating tractor with a 35 ft disk, wow was that a sweet ride, sure felt good to be back in the field again! sure didn't take long to disk it all up, it came up just fine powder. we did get some rain last night and it looks good out there, no washing. I will have to replant my waterways  that the big green farmers tore out. and replace one dam they also tore out cuz their planter didn't fit going around it. PffffffT! 

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:11am
So, what brand was the 4 wheel drive tractor??? Maybe you need a dozer to rebuild the dam, an AC, of course!

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:14am
lol...it was a 4386 IH. I would consider buying a 440! 

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:15am
I built the original dam with my 7010 and a Gnuse scoop. took awhile, but it worked just fine! 

Posted By: Dirt Farmer
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:39am
Glad to hear you got to keep most of your equipment and part of the property, sounds like you are starting a new chapter in a new book of life with the new house, building dams and waterways and all. Id close the old book on that last chapter, skip the auction, fire up "the machine" the night before the auction and let it run all the next day, in your general area of course.

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 5:47am
I feel for ya man! Worse thing you could do for yourself is go to the auction, it would be death by a thousand cuts

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 7:09pm
 YEAH, Good Buddy,,,DITTO what lou says,,,,No real good reason for you to go and just re-live old memories that will HURT you. 
 By the way,,,,,,when you gonna start hiring some "Help",,,,,you know,,,"help",,,,course,I 'ld expect at least minimum wage to start, with regular promotions ,,,,,,Clap

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 7:27pm
Maybe he would give you room and board, if ya work really hard!

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 12:42am
i SPOSE he could sleep in the old motorhome...then he could start unhooking the engine before bed! do I haftz cook for ya too?

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 10:15am
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

Maybe he would give you room and board, if ya work really hard!

CHIT John,,I just figured free ROOM & BOARD would SURELY be included in the bargain,,, seeing as how I Always work hard, (when nobody is looking),,,,WinkWink  You know it ain't WHAT YOU DO,,,,it HOW MUCH you cAN get done,,,,Wink
 You know,,,ole Shameless,,,you just can't get too much past him, can you?? He got me figured out at first stroke,,,,I WAS planning to sneak my tool box into the motor home and work on unbolting the 454 and remove it piece by piece if I had to,,,BUT NOOoooo,,,he done squelched that idea,,,,BUT,,,,there IS STILL another way,,,,,,more later,,,,Clap

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 10:00pm
Joe does ya think that block will fit in your lunch box? I know, even stropped down to bare block it would never fit in my regulation Rawhide lunch box featuring Rowdy Yates aka Clint Eastwood on the lid, even w/o the Thermos.

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 8:04am

You know,,,Lou,,I think GM put extra weight in them BBC's just to fool fellars like me tryin to make a decent living,,,!! THat one I tore down,,,I could hardly pick up ONE cylinder head,,,ONE!!  Heaviest head I ever did have to carry,,!!
  Was really hoping ole Shameless had to go to one of thrm auctions he always talkin about,,,,then I could run over and get his 190 that gots that winch setup and just jerk that engine out, load it on my trk,,leave him a quick note and haul azz,,,,,,reckon that'd work,,,,??LOL

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 2:03am
lifted a big ole diesel engine off a combine with that crane on the 180, i know it'll pick up a dinky 454 engine!

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:49pm
I went to the auction site but it no longer lists your place.  Inquiring minds need to know how much money you will be spending on the new house, and the pretty machine?

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 1:07am
lol...John! I was completly not involved with the auction. I retained my 1/3 of the farm ground last Sept was the ownership time. this auction was for the stockholders selling off their ground. what was left of Dad's and Grandpa's farm.   there was 3 tracts left: 27 acres, 126 acres, and 81 acres. auction results were: $5150/acre, $11,600/acre, $9300/acre respectivly. they still have alot of expencises coming out of that money yet. plus taxes. the big green farmers did not buy any of it. 2 of the parcels will be farmed by others, and one parcel was purchased by Okeefe Elevator Company. they have been buying up alot of farm ground in the area and they then turn it into grasslands, no more farming of crops. they have 1000's of acres around here so far. I had alot of folks approch me at the auction asking if they could farm my ground? I told all of them NO! oh....and if any of ya'll will be selling your farm ground in the future....I would not recommend Farmers National Company to sell it. this was a pretty crude auction and they're advertising on the sale really sucked! I'm glad I was not involved in this sale.  well....other than what I retained, the rest of Dad's and Grandpa's farm is gone forever! I'm glad I was able to keep some of it. I still cherish it!  

Posted By: mdm1
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 1:17pm
Shameless I for one am glad you went to the auction. You know who bought it and the prices. You know who your neighbors are. With the family situation as you have stated it, maybe for the best. And now I hope you have some kind of closure and can move  on to your next journey with some peace knowing it's yours to do what you want. Go stand on your ground, smile and say this is MINE!! Good luck in the future. 

-------------
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!

Posted By: Dorix
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 7:32pm
  Why is OEC buying land if their just turning it into grassland, for an investment, or some other purpose?

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 8:37pm
I'm not for certain why O'keefe is doing what they are doing, but right now I applaude them for it. I do like seeing some of the land returning to the original way it was long ago. They apparently are not interested in profiting from any crops that could be grown on all the land they have been buying. maybe it's for an investment on land values down the road? God isn't making anymore ground, maybe it's their way of preserving what's out there that's left? Plus it should improve wildlife habitat alot! 

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 8:38pm
Oh, my mistake, I was thinking you were getting a smaller portion of the sale proceeds along with the land.  We were all looking forward to helping you spend it!  Hopefully someone other then the green guys will be farming the land next to you, maybe someone who respects the land and not just a crop miner.
I'm sure we will be more then happy to help you design your new house and give advice on how you should do it...

Oh, and I guess I don't have to go over to the stakeholder's place near me any more and write obscene comments on his lawn with Roundup?

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 8:49pm
Thank you all....I now know who my new neighbors will be and so far I like them! Dad's house also sold, the house will be entertaining a new set of little kids with all the love that house provided for other families kids thru the years. I did provide alot of info on each parcel of land that sold to the new buyers, they all thanked me for that info! I even told the one about the BIG rock i found while plowing one day! and told another about not V-ripping the ground he just bought, unless he wanted to replace all the tile in that field that the auction company never mentioned! he really appreciated that! depending on who brings the beer on any certain days, I think we'll all be one big happy family....without the stockholders!    

Posted By: Alberta Phil
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 9:54am
Great to hear your future is looking much brighter, Dale. Wishing you all the best to you and the loving wife from here on!!

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 11:23pm
I gotta be a bit more careful in the neighborhood, a Cop bought Dad's house, and he has a K-9, it'll be a bit harder to pull any tricks on him! oh...well...I been tormenting Cops for years...just ad one more to the list! 

Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 6:21am
Careful, some of us might get friendly with that new neighbor of yours and have him cite you for willful intent when that machine gets out of line!

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:20am
Knowing what a charmer Shameless must be to not be locked up already. They will test that no money bail out and he walks away again. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net