Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=189154
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 2:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Motor Cyclist ??
Posted By: FREEDGUY
Subject: Motor Cyclist ??
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 6:00pm
Witnessed this evening at a "busy 4 way stop" intersection a convoy of 12 "bikes" 2 abreast that just kept rolling through the intersection Ouch ?? Are you guys considered  a  semi tractor /trailer to just keep-on-keeping on Confused ??
I'm beginning to have more respect for the spandex bikers Embarrassed

Replies:
Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 6:45pm
OMG!! ........... more HATE and RAGE against Bikers........ DID they have a green light ?  Was it a funeral parade ? Wink

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: TomC
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 6:55pm
They knew the train was coming and there was no way they were gonna get stuck by that.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 7:04pm
[QUOTE=steve(ill)]OMG!! ........... more HATE and RAGE against Bikers........ DID they have a green light ?  Was it a funeral parade ? Wink[/QUOTE
Apparently you can't read dr Embarrassed

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 7:16pm
They knew the train was coming and there was no way they were gonna get stuck by that.

Laugh Slam GIF - Laugh Slam - Discover & Share GIFs

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 7:20pm
POOR Forrest FreeGas........

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 7:22pm
So you can't read a topic Clap

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 7:25pm
I dont bother reading your Blather... just skip to the PUNCH LINE !!   Thumbs Up  

-------------

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 8:09pm
Been a standing COURTESY where many LEO will stop traffic and allow a Group of Riders riding as a group to continue as a Group thru a stop.  NOT Once heard a Motorist complain UNTIL NOW.  Guess that interruption rates with Trains blocking you for a few minutes where could not be at home in the recliner gaining weight.

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 8:30pm
12 bikes 2 a breast is only 6 deep. Not a big deal at all.
Just something to piss n moan about.

Posted By: fixer1958
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 7:30am
How many pairs of spandex do you own? 
Do they make them that big?
Special occasions I'm assuming out eating your chicken sammich getting your sexy on.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 9:17am
Gassy in his BLUE OVAL suit....

-------------

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 10:30am
Thanks for bighting my day. Motor bike guys in spandex, racing to beat the train.LOL

Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 12:44pm

Posted By: bemer848
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 7:17pm
That is how I picture gassy.LOL

Posted By: Wayne180d
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 10:14am
Steve you just about made me lose breakfast with that picture going to be in head all day now.

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 5:27pm
Another cheesburger and that guy in the pic won't be wearin spandex, it'll be splodex!Wink

-------------
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:50am
YEP.... i dont care WHO you are...... THATS FUNNY !

-------------

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 6:47pm
Many times a group who are traveling together will all use the same space of time to clear a intersection quickly - 2 cycles take less room than 1 car , but accordingly only 1 bike at a time is suppose to move , and then any other cars would be waiting longer as 1 bike enters intersection , then waits for 2 cars to clear then another bike , 
 Get real and think they were being courteous to others by moving as fast as they could to NOT IMPEND OTHER TRAFFIC . 
 But it seems some will complain even if hung with a new rope - about the rope itches . 

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: modirt
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 9:01am
A few years back, I witnessed something similar. It was not a Freedom ride or Harley bikers. It was young pukes.......riding souped up crotch rockets. They were riding as a pack....20 to 30 of them.......light turned red and pack just kept rolling thru. Laws didn't apply to them.

Last week came on scene of what had been a fatal motor cycle crash. Rider T-boned a pickup at high speed. Bike had been a souped up Harley........was before.......was a mangled mess of crumpled metal after.

Saw a report on local news........and has become standard.......abysmal reported. Truck pulled in front of biker. Didn't bother to say who had right of way.

Few years back, was sitting at a red light...........light turned green.......moments later a bike came out of nowhere from left side.......was going fast enough it went airborne in front of me......so I'd guess 70 to 80 in a 35 mph speed zone. Two weeks go by and news reports a fatal bike crash at that same location. Same conditions........biker ran a light at high speed and t-boned a car. Karma.

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 12:02am
Only been riding motorcycles coming up on 60 years now , only put one down once on freshly paved blacktop when I swear the headlight was absorbed by the fresh asphalt as was completely black and could see nothing on a curve . 
 Broke headlight and one spark plug and bunch of corn stalks in the field I landed in - well young lady that was a passenger ended up breaking a finger .
  Sure spoiled the night for what i was thinking would be a pleasant evening out - with some other thoughts on how the night would end .  
Did have one other when guy pulled out of parking lot and I caved in the drivers door of his car , but bike stayed upright and so did I ... (Why I seldom ride in the city - to many don't see motorcycles )

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

Many times a group who are traveling together will all use the same space of time to clear a intersection quickly - 2 cycles take less room than 1 car , but accordingly only 1 bike at a time is suppose to move , and then any other cars would be waiting longer as 1 bike enters intersection , then waits for 2 cars to clear then another bike , 
 Get real and think they were being courteous to others by moving as fast as they could to NOT IMPEND OTHER TRAFFIC . 
 But it seems some will complain even if hung with a new rope - about the rope itches . 

Coke I’m sure this went way over Free’s head.
He’s so locked in on the negative in every situation he can’t fathom the good.

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 11:37pm
i've worked and seen so many mc wrecks through my life, i really don't care to ride them anymore. too many car/truck drivers that don't pay attention to them. about the worst was a lady pulled out in front of a speeding biker (yeah...he was in the wrong too), he hit the back door, the bike stayed in the backseat, he didn't! he went on almost 300 ft more. another was a bike deer accident, cut the deer clear in half, they both died! seemed every accident i was at...well...it wasn't pretty...but then again neither are plane crashes and car/truck accidents. I guess i feel a bit safer with something around me...but it's not always the safest!  

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net