Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=184216
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:18am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 8010 thoughts
Posted By: Kiwi
Subject: 8010 thoughts
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:05pm
Hi all I have just been offerd a 8010 4x4 allis I was told it is stuck in high range and the injector pump is leaking how hard is it to fix. It sounds in rough  condition . He was looking for $ 5750 USD and wants it to go to someone who will fix her up . what do I need to look for  .
Thanks 

-------------
Tractors Allis EB,two C,diesel G

Replies:
Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 6:27am
Stuck in "HIGH" range ??   That could be as simple as a cable issues OR a seized gear on the pinion shaft in the rear end. That would be a huge repair.

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 7:52am
I'd have to know what "stuck in high" means. Like Doc says, could be minor or catastrophic. Owner probably has a clue.....beware.

Posted By: PeteMN
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 12:59pm
Here that tractor would have sold right away.  The leaking injection pump could be the lip seal on the shaft that drives the pump.  You can pull the pump and replace it without needing to rebuild the injection pump, otherwise a rebuilt pump is about $700-1000.  Lots of PS transmission problems were caused by bad cables or bad dirt shields that allowed crud to build up on top of the transmission where the cable attaches to the shifter lever.  We bought a rough looking 8050 that was in a heated shop when we tried it out, the trucker delivered it on a frigid day and we broke the shift mechanism in the side console because we couldn't get it to shift out of park.  We cleaned out the crud, welded the shifter bracket, replaced the cable and it shifted ok.  I haven't heard of many internal problems on those transmissions though it is possible.  Parts are getting harder to find for the FWD axles.

Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 5:22pm
Dont those have the Ambac injrctor pumps ? Do they have the umbrella seals ?

Posted By: Lynn Marshall
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 7:52pm
Early tractors used a Rossamaster pump. Later ones had the Ambac. Neither used the old umbrella type seals.

Posted By: Ron(AB)
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 7:55pm
How many hours?

Did it have a loader?

Do you have a use for it?

Some of the pre-decision questions for me.   Otherwise anything could be fixed...with enough money!

-------------
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk

Posted By: PeteMN
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 1:09am
You guys are right, the DM roosamaster pump had two lip seals instead of the umbrella type on the 190, etc.

Posted By: victoryallis
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 6:19am
As long as you have all the gears in high range if the only other problem is a leaky pump I’d pounce yesterday at that price.  My 7580 lost low range on the floor been zip tied into high for a few years sucks hooking up implements but I survive.  Take the trap doors out of the floor once it’s home and the counsole cover off and start playing.  

-------------
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760

Posted By: ajl
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 6:09pm
Have an 8070 with PD and when I got it the tractor was difficult to shift into high range.  Today I can get it into high range without much difficulty and I have done nothing to it other than exercise the shift mechanism.   Any used front wheel assist tractor is sold around here because everybody is looking for one.   Anyways quite happy I have my 8070 and the price tag on that unit seems quite reasonable.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net