Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=183244
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:17am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: R62 rock trap door tools
Posted By: Leon B MO
Subject: R62 rock trap door tools
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:01pm
New to me late 1998 R62. So I've been going over as musch as I can to familiarize myself to the unit. Today, I decided to open rock door just to see how it works and how it's done. I either am missing a tool or have the wrong one. I have the one for the header lock that is stored under front left corner of cab. Also have the 4'x4' pipe with welded socket. The long tool goes in through the hole to the lower shaft where switch is located, but the other tool is to short to use on the latching hex shaft. Am I missing a tool or am I not doing it right? I finally used a 3/4 drive 7/8 socket with long extension from the front side of clean grain elevator to get the door latched. Both the door pivot shaft and latch shaft is behind the clean grain elevator so the long tool can't be used. It seems as though the smaller of the 2 tools a have (header lock tool) is about 6" to short on the socket end of tool to get out past the drive belts. The picture in my operators manual cant be right either, it shows the tool behind the rotor belt and a chain and sprocket in the lower corner and have nothing like that. I did find the long tool and the rake tool in my parts books but nothing else. Thanks for any input.
Leon B MO

-------------
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".

Replies:
Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 10:28pm
The one from front of cab goes on front hex and the long reach one stored by the clean grain elevator reaches in to the rear hex. I think  cause my new to me 97 model is like this. The recessed one takes the long reach one. Just clears outside of cylinder belt. Mine has a decal on/near elevator which tells which bar goes where. Sounds like your missing an original bar. Pm me a cell and I can send you pics.

Posted By: Dirt Farmer
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:35am
I sent you an email with pictures.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:09am
I have the decal and original manual but not sure I have the right tool. I did pm you Steve, pics or tool measurements would be helpful. Dirtfarmer, I got your email as well. The previous owner did put lights on the rear and 2 more at the bottom front of cab. We'll see how they work. We try not to run much in the dark with my vision problem. Our corn is still at 25% so just trying to get everything ready
Thanks for the help and replies.
Leon B Mo

-------------
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".

Posted By: farmboy520
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:25am
There is an update for Agco that redoes that rock trap door.

-------------
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:04am
Originally posted by farmboy520 farmboy520 wrote:

There is an update for Agco that redoes that rock trap door.

What does that amount to and what's the advantage/improvement?

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 5:33pm
Update...I have some pics from Dirtfarmer of his tools. And looking forward to some more from another member. What I have is not close. After looking closely 1 of my tools is home made and the other is not the right one for the concave door (to short on the socket end to get out past the belt and to short on the torque end to have the required leverage). I have a call into the parts guy on the right tools. I thought I can make my own tools with 7/8 impact sockets and shaft but they would have to be clocked pretty close, right? 
Thanks again guys, this site is a Godsend.
Leon B MO 

-------------

Posted By: farmboy520
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 7:34am
It has been a few years since I had this done. I know it simplifies the latching process. I can't totally all the benefits of the update. I was having a problem with ours staying closed and it has helped with that.

-------------
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net