Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=178936
Printed Date: 18 May 2024 at 2:41am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Fuel Costs
Posted By: Scott B
Subject: Fuel Costs
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 5:39pm
Just drove past my fill up spot. Diesel is now $2.99 a gal and a solid $1.00/ 30% increase from where it was in Dec/Jan (it was actually less than gas then).
Not to get political but it’s not lost on me that this also means gas tax revenue jumped 30% as well.

-------------
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945

Replies:
Posted By: festus51
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 5:47pm
Scott I'm 75 miles SW of KC.  Diesel here jumped .80 a gal in last two months.  It is $3.05 to $3.15.     I suppose it won't stop till it gets to at least $4-$5 a gal. 

-------------
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful

Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:21pm
Here in central Mo gas went from $2.44 to 2.79, today,,diesel is $3.10 - up up up and away she goes

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:24pm
Blame it on Global Warming ???   LOL ......  Thumbs Up

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: festus51
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:55pm
Steve I didn't hear any talk about global warming back in Feb.

-------------
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 7:09pm
Diesel at the Interstate stations I passed today HERE was $3.09/g

Posted By: Kansas99
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 7:58pm
Guys come on, high fuel is a small price to pay to save the world from global warming.  I went thru Utica KS yesterday and they said they haven't seen the ocean yet, so it's working!!!!  I did stop and pick a few shark teeth out of a shale bank though. Wink LOL

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Posted By: EPALLIS
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:43pm
Economy on the move when energy prices increase....

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:55pm
Economy does effect price, but a moving economy dont make prices jump 30% in 2 months... More demand and LACK OF SUPPLY ( actual, or forecast) has a big effect.

-------------

Posted By: HudCo
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:08pm
the whole economy revolves around the cost of fuel  when fuel is high people tighten up and dont have extra money to spend becuase its al spent on the higer cost of going to work heating there homes and fuel surcharges on the things they have to have

Posted By: Dave H
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:56am
Relax folks, the goal is 5 bucks for Memorial Day driving.  Tongue
I ain't going any further on this subject.

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:54am
LOL Dang I need to learn more Wink computer skills so I could do the big emoji guy rolling the ground.LOL

Some of you think people go to work.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL You have to learn to be hiding at home waiting for the government cheese.

Only us dumb farmers work anymore,Ermm making cheese for the whole world.

Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 5:45am
As for increase in ‘tax revenue’ when prices increase, that would be true IF the fuel has a ‘percentage’ tax tied to the price. Most fuel has a flat ‘per gallon’ tax.
When more gallons are sold, then more taxes are collected.
When less gallons are sold, then less taxes are collected.
There are a few municipalities that impose a ‘sales tax’ on fuel, but that is not common.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 5:49am
Hay Lars ,come on into Ontario...
we have taxes compounded on taxes oon every drop of gas and oil up here....
we pay 13% on top of the 'gasoline' tax that's inside the 'pump price'.
If I can stomach the ordeal, I'll fins a link/chart as to what I have to pay here...

OK here's one...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_fuel_taxes_in_Canada" rel="nofollow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_fuel_taxes_in_Canada

it's OVER 35% + 13% on top ( I think....)

It works out that for every $3 at the pump OVER $1 goes to the guvs.

legally there's supposed to be a sticker on the pump explaing this, haven't seen them in YEARS

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:39am
Saving the world $1 at a time. Wink

Now if they could just stop Niagara Falls from moving 3ft. a year.

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:45am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Hay Lars ,come on into Ontario...
we have taxes compounded on taxes oon every drop of gas and oil up here....
we pay 13% on top of the 'gasoline' tax that's inside the 'pump price'.
If I can stomach the ordeal, I'll fins a link/chart as to what I have to pay here...

OK here's one...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_fuel_taxes_in_Canada" rel="nofollow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_fuel_taxes_in_Canada

it's OVER 35% + 13% on top ( I think....)

It works out that for every $3 at the pump OVER $1 goes to the guvs.

legally there's supposed to be a sticker on the pump explaing this, haven't seen them in YEARS
Still can't figure out why you stay.

Posted By: KJCHRIS
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 2:00pm
In Sioux City, IA. on Wednesday, saw at Cenex station where I turn onto highway. The NO alcohol unleaded and winter treated truck diesel boith at $2.99 / gallon. At least 40 cents higher than at Xmas time. 

-------------
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 5:40pm
Local Libtard TRIED to call it out as MO Fuels Tax Increase, was shot down as the State Legislature JUST THIS WEEK approved that cost increase.

Posted By: FREEDGUY
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 5:59pm
For starters , a poster mentioned "recent fuel taxes", I'LL call BS on that theory Clap, SECONDLY, apparently most of you got exiled from the "politics" section that you have to spew vomit here on SBVT ??? Texas is the root of all fuel pricing.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:03pm
STILL Not got a CLUE as to how fuels refining occurs or where.  Go BACK to school freegas

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:11pm
Its all supply and demand... Demand is starting to go up, and the Present Govt has made regulations to CUT the supply ( more in the FUTURES, but also NOW)........... so prices go up.. very simple.

-------------

Posted By: FREEDGUY
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

STILL Not got a CLUE as to how fuels refining occurs or where.  Go BACK to school freegas
Where did I mention "REFINING" ??? You need to read a little better Wink.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:14pm
freeGas = Texas is the root of all fuel pricing........YOUR WORDS.

-------------

Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 7:52pm
Not sure what Freedguy is trying to explain.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:42am
Freegas has no concept of what he speaks so throws crap against the wall and changes value meaning to suit his flavor of the moment.

So Freedgas
Explain your theories as to HOW Texas is running prices up, Nationwide.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 5:33am
re: Its all supply and demand.

yeah, whoever has the Supply, DEMANDS their price !
Has nothing to do with fairness,reasonable profit or being 'neighborly'...just how much can someone rip outta someone else's wallet !!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 6:12am

re: Its all supply and demand.

yeah, whoever has the Supply, DEMANDS their price !
Has nothing to do with fairness,reasonable profit or being 'neighborly'...just how much can someone rip outta someone else's wallet !!
How do you price your garlic Jay?  Just ask the folks what they'd like to pay?

Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 6:23am
Off topic I know but was at a training seminar some time ago as we were transitioning to flat rate pricing. When asked how much, the presenter said "all of it". They'll make more.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 6:39am
re: garlic pricing
local stores charge $10 a pound... so that's what I charge, used to only be $4.

hopefullly it'll be up soon, should get 250-300#s this year,so close to $3000.
'seed' input cost is zero, maybe 1 hr 'seat time', 2hrs to harvest. Overall maybe 8-10 hrs labour. Garlic has pretty nice profit margin.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 6:53am

re: garlic pricing
local stores charge $10 a pound... so that's what I charge, used to only be $4.

hopefullly it'll be up soon, should get 250-300#s this year,so close to $3000.
'seed' input cost is zero, maybe 1 hr 'seat time', 2hrs to harvest. Overall maybe 8-10 hrs labour. Garlic has pretty nice profit margin.
Nice profit margin, and you don't have nearly the overhead costs of a store, so you're gouging people? WinkLOL  

Point is, you're in business, and more/less sell for what the market will bear, and have to move with the ebb and flow. If you don't, you'll either drive customers away with high prices, or leave easy money on the table because customers would actually be willing to pay a little more.  If you are in business to make money, and that is the purpose of most businesses, you want to charge all you can.  

You aren't being any more neighborly or fair or anything else to your customers than anyone else.  You research the market price and charge it.  And your costs are such that you make a bigger profit percentage than the guy who grew the garlic shipped to the store (at least on the garlic shipped to the store).  Why are you  so mean and greedy?Wink

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 7:14am
Jay, I like garlic but with the high price of fuel now I can't afford it, if I mailed you $1 would you send me 10 pounds of garlic, with your profit margins you would still make money and I would get some garlic, unless it not all natural then I can only afford 50cents.   You surely would help a friend out south of the boarder?  Wink LOL

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Posted By: modirt
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 9:35am
On Nov 3rd, regular unleaded gas here was $1.75. As of today, $2.79......an increase of 56%.

On the garlic, I've had good luck giving it away, but haven't tried selling it yet. And its the hard neck stuff. If I could sell it, would be easy to convert an acre of hay into an acre of garlic.......or 5 acres. Plenty of horse manure around here to compost for the beds.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 11:01am
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

On Nov 3rd, regular unleaded gas here was $1.75. As of today, $2.79......an increase of 56%.

On the garlic, I've had good luck giving it away, but haven't tried selling it yet. And its the hard neck stuff. If I could sell it, would be easy to convert an acre of hay into an acre of garlic.......or 5 acres. Plenty of horse manure around here to compost for the beds.

"Plenty of horse manure around here to compost for the beds."

You live in Washington DC? WinkLOL

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Posted By: weiner
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 11:36am
The kind in Washington DC is 100% pure BS,  through and through!

-------------
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net