Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=178852
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 4:52am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Covid Vaccine anyone,,,??
Posted By: desertjoe
Subject: Covid Vaccine anyone,,,??
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 3:25pm

I'm just curious as all get out,,,how many here have already or are planning to get any of the 3 vaccines,,,???

Replies:
Posted By: WF owner
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 3:29pm
I have had both of mine (second three weeks ago).

My wife is a retired RN. She is volunteering, giving shots for our county. 

Posted By: iowallis
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:06pm
Just got mine about 2 hours ago, the 1 shot J&J. If it wasn't for them making me sit for 15 minutes after the shot I would have been in and out within 10 minutes.

Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:33pm
Got my second one about three weeks ago. Felt like crap for a day then back to normal pretty quick

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:38pm
I got the Moderna #1 shot yesterday. Didnt feel a thing.. No problems today.. Local health center it small town is giving 3 shots every 15 minutes ( 12 per hour, 100 per day)... you got to set 15 minutes for study afterward.  I was in and out in 30 minutes... you have to call and schedule 1-2 days in advance.  I think they do 3 days per week.

Im 67, wife is 64. They would not give her a shot. Said maybe end of March or first week of April for her.

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: Dennis J OPKs
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:39pm
Received 2nd dose of Pfizer about 2 weeks ago.  Minimal side effects, just felt weird and a slightly sore arm.

Posted By: Gary(MO)
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:46pm
Wife and I are getting 2nd shot next week. ( Moderna) First shot mild sore arm was all. Hope 2nd is not to bad. Gary

Posted By: Grayray
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:57pm
Got my 1st dose of Pfizer on Thursday.  

Posted By: mdm1
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:05pm
Wife and I get 2nd dose of Moderna Mon.

-------------
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:06pm
Got my first one this past Wednesday.  Moderna.  I had a dull ache for two days in my upper arm.  Them needles are great.  I didn't even feel it.  It was probably about 30 minutes for me too.

It may not matter if you get the shot.  There is a variant in Brazil right now that these shots will not fight.  Brazil is in really bad shape!

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:17pm
Debated if , the Doctor said he would set me up for it as he had his second shot 2 days before - so had my second a week back 

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: Bill_MN
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:26pm
One of the early birds here, I'm a healthcare worker and got first dose of Pfizer shot in late Dec. and second in mid-January. Both were piece of cake.

-------------
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:47pm
gots my moderma Thursday, the old lady....ooooops....i mean the loving wife did also! i asked her what she would do if i screamed like a little girl when they poked me? she said i could walk home! i stayed quiet! it didn't hurt, and no side effects. we gits our 2nd on April 1st.

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:41pm
Ya'....looks like I am immune, at least for awhile! Wife has been trying to get the shot, but has been unsuccessful. She is on someone's list. But frankly, neither of us are very concerned about it. She slept in the same bed as me, kissed me, shared silverware, drank out of the same glass, etc right up to the day I went into the hospital.....and never got it!
Doctors were amazed, tested neg, never felt sick. They insisted that we self isolate when they sent me home, her in half the house, me in half!. That lasted about three days, and she was back in my half! LOL 

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Posted By: KJCHRIS
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 11:01pm
I've gotten both shots. Had no pains, or other side effects. Mine was the Phizer brand. 
Sure wish the people at the pharmacy got trained by whoever trained the 2 gave me these, didn't hardly notice getting the shots. Where as at the Rx last fall got shingles vac and a tetanus booster, both hurt getting them and both arms hurt for almost a week. 
BUT maybe in a couple weeks can start to live a more normal life again. 

-------------
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,

Posted By: fixer1958
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 5:30am
Not here and not going out of my way to get it either

Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 5:35am
Had my second shot on 9 April. Arm was sore on second dose, but was better the next day.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Posted By: klinemar
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 5:58am
Got shot with Moderna first one on the 5th. Second April 2nd. Army National Guard and Air National Guard was administering the shots. Left arm was sore for a few days but didn't stop me from driving tractor and spreading fertilizer on my hay ground.

Posted By: Kansas99
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 6:47am
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Ya'....looks like I am immune, at least for awhile! Wife has been trying to get the shot, but has been unsuccessful. She is on someone's list. But frankly, neither of us are very concerned about it. She slept in the same bed as me, kissed me, shared silverware, drank out of the same glass, etc right up to the day I went into the hospital.....and never got it!
Doctors were amazed, tested neg, never felt sick. They insisted that we self isolate when they sent me home, her in half the house, me in half!. That lasted about three days, and she was back in my half! LOL 

Gosh, wife kissing on ya, sleeping in same bed, and she could only stay away from ya for 3 days!

Must be nice to be irresistible! Wink LOL

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Posted By: Dave H
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 7:29am
I already have mine, so what are you gonna do Joe?

Oh and Steve, those volunteers don't really card you.  Wink

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 8:31am

Well Dave,,Joe & Joyce are scheduled to get the J&J vaccine on Wed,,,,,,,,Wink

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 8:41am
Dave, we had to pre register on line... Several questions, one was "over 65" ......That kicks you out of registering if you answer NO........ BUTT, BUTT ???? ...... I filled out the same sheet when i arrived at the Clinic. but dont remember her looking at my drivers lisc. for age.

-------------

Posted By: Gordy
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 9:03am
Second Moderna shot Friday little tired feeling Saturday nothing else. 

-------------
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”

Posted By: tomNE
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:07am
If someone needs to shot and aren't eligible; they can have mine!

-------------
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!

Posted By: JTOOL
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:42am
I'm going to wait and see if there are any long term effects before I consider whether to get the vaccine or not. I may be kicking myself when I'm on life support, but for now I'll take my chances.

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 12:04pm
A friend went around to places doing the shots and got on a leftover list, If the place had leftover shots they call people on the list rather than waste them.  He got called two days later.  He would have been in the last group to get the call.

My son told me that the shots contain a tiny microchip to keep track of everyone.  I guess when I get to the point where I'll wander off and get lost, they'll be able to find me,  IF, she reports it!

I gotta laugh at people that won't get the shots!  They are like the buffalo at the rear of the herd!LOL

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: festus51
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 12:14pm
The VA hospital offered me  the shot but  I declined .   I do not want to be the center of attention of a lawyer commercial 10 years from now.

-------------
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 12:21pm
re: My son told me that the shots contain a tiny microchip to keep track of everyone

'urban legend' aka BS....

What is FACT though, is that everyone who has had a 'covid-19 test' (aka nose job) has freely donated THEIR DNA to every law enfocement group, every  FED and state dept, insurance companies and dozens of '3rd parties'.

I'll glady take the needle but 'they' ain't getting MY DNA.

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 12:45pm
YEA, i dont know why anyone would want the DNA TEST ?   You either GOT the WUHAN or you dont.. Taking the TEST changes nothing.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Kansas99 Kansas99 wrote:

Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Gosh, wife kissing on ya, sleeping in same bed, and she could only stay away from ya for 3 days!

Must be nice to be irresistible! Wink LOL

ya, K9'r, it's a curse, constantly beating them away! LOL 

-------------
Wait for the Lord;

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 5:52pm
Gods gift to women ?  LOL   Hug

-------------

Posted By: AllisFreak MN
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

YEA, i dont know why anyone would want the DNA TEST ?   You either GOT the WUHAN or you dont.. Taking the TEST changes nothing.

Most employers make you get the test if you have symptoms, and then quarantine you from coming back to work if you are positive. I know mine did with me, and I was banned for 2 weeks.

-------------
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2

Posted By: Dennis(IA)
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 7:35pm
I have a step daughter that says she will not get the shot because of microchip.  She carries her microchip (cell phone) around all day now.

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 8:31pm
I'll get a covid vaccine when hell freezes over. Darrel

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 9:17pm
Most of use dont really realize how common "shots" are any more.. Ask your daughter or son how many shots the GRANDKIDS got at 1 month, 3 months , 6 months and then prior to kindergarten. 

What vaccines will my baby get? --- from CDC.

At 6 months of age, your baby should receive vaccines to protect them from the following diseases:

• https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/diphtheria.html" rel="nofollow - Diphtheria ,  https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/tetanus.html" rel="nofollow - tetanus , and  https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/pertussis.html" rel="nofollow - whooping cough  (pertussis) (DTaP) (3rd dose)
  • https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/hib.html" rel="nofollow - rd dose)
  • https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/polio.html" rel="nofollow - Polio (IPV)  (3rd dose)
  • https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/pneumo.html" rel="nofollow - Pneumococcal disease (PCV13)  (3rd dose)
  • https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/rotavirus.html" rel="nofollow - Rotavirus (RV)  (3rd dose)
  • https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/flu.html" rel="nofollow - Influenza (Flu)  (every year)

At 4-6 years of age, your child should receive vaccines to protect them from the following diseases:

• https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/diphtheria.html" rel="nofollow - Diphtheria ,  https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/tetanus.html" rel="nofollow - tetanus , and  https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/pertussis.html" rel="nofollow - whooping cough  (pertussis) (DTaP) (5th dose)
  • https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/polio.html" rel="nofollow - Polio (IPV)  (4th dose)
  • https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/measles.html" rel="nofollow - Measles ,  https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/mumps.html" rel="nofollow - mumps , and  https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/rubella.html" rel="nofollow - rubella  (MMR) (2nd dose)
  • https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/varicella.html" rel="nofollow - Chickenpox  (Varicella) (2nd dose)
  • https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/flu.html" rel="nofollow - Influenza (Flu)  (every year)

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 9:56pm

Gods gift to women ?  LOL   Hug
a real legend in my own mind!

-------------
Wait for the Lord;

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 9:12am

Well,,I'm kinda curious how them shot givers manage to fish them tiny, tiny microchips swimmin around in the vaccines into the tiny needles,,,,,??

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 9:20am
details, details, details .....Ya cant look too DEEP into these THEORIES !! Wink   LOL

I think it changes you DNA... Im already feeling like  im 6'2", 220 pounds and 30 years old !! Big smile

-------------

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 9:56am
We get our second vacination this Friday 

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 2:00pm
As I said before, my wife is volunteering giving shots for our county. When I showed her the microchip thing, her reply was "You can't be serious"!

I got my shots. Whoever is tracking my microchip is going to be very bored !

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 2:35pm
This 'microchip' KRAP needs to be put to bed PDQ....
It's all horse pucks.....
mind you I've only been designing 'microchiped' products for 5 decades ,so what do I know......

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:32pm
BUTT, BUTT, BUTT..... LOL...Clap

-------------

Posted By: Burgie
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 4:01pm
I have had both of mine (second two weeks ago).No side effects.

-------------
"Burgie"

Posted By: Dave in PA
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 4:11pm
Not got mine yet, don't fall under the rules yet. I do have a way, but not doing it yet.
Just don't want to go that route till it might be needed, others need it more than me.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 5:53pm

details, details, details .....Ya cant look too DEEP into these THEORIES !! Wink   LOL

I think it changes you DNA... Im already feeling like  im 6'2", 220 pounds and 30 years old !! Big smile

Well,,,,,Chit, Steve,,,if it gonna be that easy,,,I'ma gonna go for the magical,,,"6 foot, tall,  Dark and,,AND handsome",,,chit ,,I'm feelin better already,,,,,ClapClap Heck,,I may go register again,,,,

Posted By: weiner
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 10:54pm
If you take the test and are negative,  you don`t need to wear the mask!  Right?

-------------
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.

Posted By: JohnColo
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 1:26am
No Steve, it's not in the butt, it's in the arm.  Got my second last Friday.  Feel strong as an ox, smell like one too...

Posted By: ihc pickups
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 7:46am
I agree with Darrel in 

-------------
Mike

Posted By: ihc pickups
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 7:47am
in ND

-------------
Mike

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 12:45pm
I got my shot last week. Wife is 64 and could not register for a month.. I put her name on the "CALL LIST" if there was a unfilled spot.  They called at 10 am today and told her to come right after lunch.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:35pm

The reason I started this thread is I was curious how people felt about getting the vaccine. I keep hearing lots of comments both for and against and a whole lot of conspiracy bout the shots. As Americans,,we can be proud of having a choice of yea or nay. I do not know if there is any truth to any of them but do believe that the vaccine will most likely save your life should you encounter the dang virus. The dang open border now,,is maybe another good reason to go and get it soon.
 I am going to take the vaccine this week because, after all, it was President Trump that brought everybody necessary ON BOARD to accomplish "Operation Warp Speed", My thoughts are that I trust THAT MAN to look out for all Americans and "IF" there was any doubt in HIS mind,,,he would not have done what he did.
 PEACE be with everybody,,,,,

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 5:08pm
X2..Clap   Clap

-------------

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 10:34pm
Good speech Joe, but I'm not getting it either.  I HAD the virus, so according to the old fashioned science of medicine, I'm immune now.  ANYTHING the govt is pushing I'm against and for good reason.

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: HD6GTOM
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:08pm
Not getting one as long as I have to take my 99 year old mom groceries,etc   She never leaves her home anymore. Just me and the mail man there every week.

Posted By: victoryallis
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:37am
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

Amen

Running out to get a vaccine for something with a 98-99% survival rate. Insane. Not saying never for me but restrictions on the non vaccinated will have to great enough to get it. Fear of catching a cold isn’t enough motivation.   One of the locals had rona and said he had worse hang overs.

-------------
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Good speech Joe, but I'm not getting it either.  I HAD the virus, so according to the old fashioned science of medicine, I'm immune now.  ANYTHING the govt is pushing I'm against and for good reason.
But, are you?  Some viruses work that way, others don't.  Have you only had one cold in your life?  One flu?  

Ted, of course, I wish you nothing but the best my friend, and do as you wish.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:04am
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

Amen

Running out to get a vaccine for something with a 98-99% survival rate. Insane. Not saying never for me but restrictions on the non vaccinated will have to great enough to get it. Fear of catching a cold isn’t enough motivation.   One of the locals had rona and said he had worse hang overs.

Some don't have much that's true.

The deer hunters came north.....ended up putting our little hospital to it's knees.  My wife worked 18 hours straight in the CCU, then 2 days later worked closer to 19 hours.  No lunch, barely time to take a pee.  Every ventilator in the hospital was in use, and in rooms where staff wasn't trained to use them anyway, so the CCU nurses and doctors had to go to other units to help out.  The hospital was F U L L.  Through the work of people like my wife and many more, most of the people were saved, yes.  If 1 or 2 more patients, yes literally 1 or 2 more would have showed up at the hospital in that late Nov / early Dec time frame?  They likely would have died.  One of the reasons so many people survive is because there is capacity at the hospital to care for them.  Just a few more cases, where there is not enough facilities, equipment, staff to care for them, then what?  Normally, our little hospital ships rough stuff down state.  Not this time, as they were full too, actually wanting to ship people up here to open up capacity.  It was cutting things damn close.

One group of deer hunters had a birthday party at their family's place up here.  Out of 12 people at the party, 3 died.  That's 25%.  I'm not saying it's always that bad, but it ain't always that good either!

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:25am
In one year that has been over 30 MILLION in the US get the virus, and 500,000 DIED from it..... TODAY there will be 50,000 more INFECTIONS and another 1500 DEAD... Then it happens AGAIN tomorrow, and again the Next day...

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:28am
In 2020, COVID-19 became the  https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/the-pandemics-effect-on-the-widening-gap-in-mortality-rate-between-the-u-s-and-peer-countries/" rel="nofollow - third leading cause of death  in the United States, exceeded only by cancer and heart disease. However, that ranking includes months in early 2020 when the pandemic had not fully taken hold in the U.S. The death toll from COVID-19 has risen sharply, particularly since the November and December holidays.

Looking at the most recent data on deaths from COVID-19 and other causes, it becomes clear that COVID-19 is currently the number one cause of death in the United States. As of February 20, 2021, an average of more than 2,400 people per day died of COVID-19 in the U.S. during February 2021. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:28am
But all you have to do is say "all those numbers are BS" and you're good.

The survival rate may be what is, but it is so contagious and can cause major symptoms so quickly it can really overwhelm a small community and small hospital when it takes hold.

I'm happy for those that only had it mildly......not so glad they turn around and tell everyone it's no big deal, not everyone is so lucky.  

I don't like it any more than the next person, all the infringements and whatever, but I do think people staying away from each other when possible had helped it from being worse.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:56am
it's all about 'numbers'...
according to the tickertape I see on my TV, 'Worldwide' there's a 2% morality rate...so 'by the numbers' up to 6 million Americans should die of Covid-19..
Now the BIG issue I have is DID Covid-19 ACTUALLY KILL ? Not what the death certificate says. Apparently states are being paid ( 30K) per covid death. That's a helluva incentive to 'fudge the numbers'. In India, if you die of covid, you get a state paid for burial....
I KNOW of one person,signed up for the test, didn't go ,yet she has been reported as HAVING covid ! NEVER EVER TOOK THE TEST !!

Common sense says if you stayaway from others, generally speaking you can't get a disease
Then again common sense left building with Elvis, a long,long time ago....

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 11:39am
For those that aren't getting the vaccine, I would like to see what their plan is to get out of this pandemic?

if our ancestors had refuse vaccines, polio, diphtheria, smallpox and a lot of other diseases would still be a major health problem.

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 11:54am
Wink What's the line from the movies............ you feel lucky    punk.

Wink So are you lucky??????????????

Cry Or are you the one Confused that always has every bad thing happen to you.

BY THE NUMBERS covid is nothing. Less than 1 PERCENT(Jay is saying 2%,so maybe I am wrong again) of those that get it die in the USA. That is nothing UNLESS IT IS YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES.  So I do realize there is a risk from covid.

How many of you would bet the farm with those odes.

With are heritage of freedom AFTER looking at the FACTS (which are almost impossible to keep straight as with all the fake news , by all sides) we get to make our own decision.

THAT IS WHAT FREEDOM IS ABOUT. And in this case if we decide not to get inoculated we suffer the consequences not the rest of you out there.

So please go and do as YOU FEEL IS RIGHT FOR YOU.  

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:47pm
I hate to say it, but, it's 2% while we've lived under the rules in place. Yeah, I know, now I must agree with all of that.....If we didn't put 1 single countermeasure in place, what would it have been?  Impossible to answer, but again, we have what we have now with hospitals more or less keeping up, some overwhelmed.  When the hospitals are overwhelmed, the death rate would skyrocket.  We were -><- that close here last NOV / DEC.

Look at Korea.  But, 'merica!  I know....

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:37pm
Its not 2%... Its more like .2% ....... WE should have  600,000 deaths by May.... Now if we had done NOTHING, it would be a few MILLION.

Again... the FACTS are, it is the #1 killer in the US at the present time...and if you look at the NUMBERS, 80% of the deaths are OLD PEOPLE ( us on this page)... Not those under 35.

Looking at the most recent data on deaths from COVID-19 and other causes, it becomes clear that COVID-19 is currently the number one cause of death in the United States

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:49pm
If your under 40 and you dont want the shot, MAYBE not a big deal... There is a REASON they started vaccinations with those over 65 FIRST...

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

it's all about 'numbers'...
according to the tickertape I see on my TV, 'Worldwide' there's a 2% morality rate...so 'by the numbers' up to 6 million Americans should die of Covid-19..
Now the BIG issue I have is DID Covid-19 ACTUALLY KILL ? Not what the death certificate says. Apparently states are being paid ( 30K) per covid death. That's a helluva incentive to 'fudge the numbers'. In India, if you die of covid, you get a state paid for burial....
I KNOW of one person,signed up for the test, didn't go ,yet she has been reported as HAVING covid ! NEVER EVER TOOK THE TEST !!

Common sense says if you stayaway from others, generally speaking you can't get a disease
Then again common sense left building with Elvis, a long,long time ago....
The problem is, people that work for a living can't always stay away from others.

-------------
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2

Posted By: victoryallis
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

For those that aren't getting the vaccine, I would like to see what their plan is to get out of this pandemic?

if our ancestors had refuse vaccines, polio, diphtheria, smallpox and a lot of other diseases would still be a major health problem.

Let it run its course!   It’s a cold not polio.

-------------
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:18pm
I just talked to a friend that had it. She is 50ish. She told me that she was sure she was going to end up on a respirator. She said that every breath was a chore. She had it about a month ago and she said she is just now starting to feel better.

Her boyfriend spent  5 days in the hospital and is still very weak.

I never had a cold like that.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:30pm
re: The problem is, people that work for a living can't always stay away from others.

The SOLUTION would have been to SHUTDOWN the entire country for 3 weeks...over a YEAR ago.... that silly, little 3 week holiday, where EVERYTHING was shutdown ,would probably have knocked 99% of Covid19 into the terlet.....
Anyone who doesn't think a 3 week 'stay-at-home' would be possible sadly forgets that most employees used to get 2 week vactions every year, that school kids and TEACHERS  get 2 MONTHS off ,every year, that a LOT of businesses shutdown from Xmas until New years..... so really 3 weeks at home should be EASY....

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:36pm
Maybe so, but that's a mandate that was never going to happen in this country.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 9:03pm
Everybody stay home.??..... Cant work... How about Police, Hospital, Doctors, Electrical Grid, Water works, Sewer system.... God forbid they turn off the TV Networks !! Wink

How are you going to EAT if Wal Mart / Grocery are closed ?

NEVER happen.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 9:06pm
The common cold does NOT KILL  Half a MILLION people every year.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 3:46am

Actually, this is a pretty dangerous statement. Now, I know the numbers have been manipulated for political reasons,,but the numbers world wide are still staggering enough to put the effects of the  pandemic way above the danger of the common cold.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:47am

Never seen our hospital full of people dying of a cold.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:51am

re: The problem is, people that work for a living can't always stay away from others.

The SOLUTION would have been to SHUTDOWN the entire country for 3 weeks...over a YEAR ago.... that silly, little 3 week holiday, where EVERYTHING was shutdown ,would probably have knocked 99% of Covid19 into the terlet.....
Anyone who doesn't think a 3 week 'stay-at-home' would be possible sadly forgets that most employees used to get 2 week vactions every year, that school kids and TEACHERS  get 2 MONTHS off ,every year, that a LOT of businesses shutdown from Xmas until New years..... so really 3 weeks at home should be EASY....
Total BS.  You think there was a run on TP last year?  What, .0001% of people would have enough food and medicine and supplies on hand to stay locked up 3 weeks?  Just how in the living F would you make that statement on TV and not cause PANIC never seen before in the history of man?

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:54am
2%, .2%, 25% in a group of people exposed, is really irrelevant, and we don't know for sure anyway.  It is contagious enough and dangerous enough that it is  a LOT of people.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Total BS.  You think there was a run on TP last year?  What, .0001% of people would have enough food and medicine and supplies on hand to stay locked up 3 weeks?  Just how in the living F would you make that statement on TV and not cause PANIC never seen before in the history of man?

"What, .0001% of people would have enough food and medicine and supplies on hand to stay locked up 3 weeks?"

Well they say we're a nation of fat people so a 3 week diet would have saved us from obesity. Wink

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 7:19am
Of course it wouldn't happen(not with who'se running the country) BUT it COULD have
then we wouldn't be in this situation.
we'll STILL be posting about this for the NEXT FIVE years...as NOTHING wil substantially change
CV19 was (IS) the gift that keeps on giving, to the pollticians and profiteers.
The IDIOT up here is doling out vaccines based on AGE, which is an absurdity as most 60+ers ARE staying away from others. Most retirees HAVE food in the freezer, meds get delivered, and don't work.
The only way to get the economy to restart is to get the WORKING CLASS back, um, ah, WORKING...
however neither the guv nor profitteers want that

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 7:21am
Has NOTHING to do with who is running the country and EVERYTHING to do with human nature and the entire structure of our society.

If you lived out of a fruit cellar, dried meats, and a milk cow.  And smallpox wiped out most of yer family cuz ya don't believe in doctorin', yep, you'd be OK.  .0001% of the people.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 7:26am
well the clown you elected into office 2 months ago is letting 10s of thousands of infected people into the country every month or so  via the nonexistant southern boarder AND letting them go anywhere they want to..even supplying transport for them.
The IDIOT I got has let at least 65,000 in from the USA and NEVER vaccinated any of them, just a 'stay home for 14 days ' without a please either.
STILL no one crossing into Canada is getting a shot in the arm....

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:22am
Well Jay... THAT WE ALL AGREE ON !!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 5:51pm
Shutting down the country (any country) is impossible. Are you going to close down hospitals, electric plants, jails, farms, gas stations, etc. 

Some people absolutely have to go to work.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 7:18pm
not a 'complete, 100% shtudown',probably close to 94% though
hospitals would only be accepting EMERGENCY patients
electric plant only need 'skeleton crews'
jails, same thing(not like inmates can go anywhere...)
farms,depending on animal or vegetable
gas stations, all closed but 2-3 per city(ambulances,firetrucks, etc.)
steel mill blast furnaces,'banked' , NO steel making though
If you go through the list of TRUE essential businesses, it's really very very small
ALL guv depts could be shutdown (anyone notice ??) aside from police,even then skeleton crews only .
Remember this is ONLY for a 3 week period.
it'd be interesting to see what others consider 'have to go to work'

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:12pm
I think the essential list is a lot bigger than you might think. Just think about those associated with just the dairy industry (farmers and processors).

That is just one small segment of the people that have to go to work every day. There are countless essential workers that can't just shut down.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 6:22am
Just think of people in the city, which, is the most people by far.  If you think they all have freezers big enough for 3 weeks of food, think again.  If you think most retirees have spent money forward enough to have 3 weeks of all of the food and supplies they need, think again.  If it's so idiotic to vaccinate the older people because they don't go anywhere, then why have so many old people died?  Get their groceries delivered....by who, a person carrying Covid?  

94%, yeah I can pull meaningless numbers out of my butt too.  So what?  And again: we can't begin to fathom the complete panic and chaos any announcement of that level would have caused.  There were a few people getting shot over stupid stuff as it was, can you imagine: looting, robbing, fighting, trampling, hoarding food, PANICING.  C'mon man, ridiculous!

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 8:42am
Years ago NYC shut down the trash collecting system when the guys went on strike. Trash piled up in the streets for a month... ONe of the biggest CLUSTER FKS they have ever seen.  RATS everywhere for years.

Power Plant cant run at "minimum staff"... If they could, then would do it every day to save money and cut cost.. You still have to maintain the equip. still have to deliever the coal,  unload the coal, or keep the Nat Gas flowing. Still have to haul out the ash...

We live near a small town , less than 10,000 people.. They have a good size Wal Mart.. There are 10 SEMI TRUCKS parked in the parking lot every night unloading supplies.. EVERY DAY.

-------------

Posted By: coggonobrien
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 8:45am
I had covid last march, data shows no shot is required regardless of what the tv says. Also I got into the plague plasma donation program 28 days after being sick and donated 2x/week with each donation getting an anti-body test. I was called 8 months after I was sick to let me know my antibody count was finally low enough that they could not use me for the program. But antibodies were still present in my system at that time.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 12:46pm
now that is good info !! ........ 8 months.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 2:24pm
re: We live near a small town , less than 10,000 people.. They have a good size Wal Mart.. There are 10 SEMI TRUCKS parked in the parking lot every night unloading supplies.. EVERY DAY.

OK, WHAT Made in China, for the most part KRAP, is IN those 10 semi's that 10,000 people can't possibly live without for 21 lousy days ?
Really ?

Sadly it seems very,very few are around from the depression or WWII to KNOW HOW to survive for a lousy 21 days. Fewer, that have learned from them.

BTW I lived in the city 1st 1/2 my life, had a freezer full plus a coke cooler full of brown pops.
past 33 years, retired(68 tin May) and I live 'semirural' ,still have a full freezer and  pantry...no coke cooler though

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 2:41pm
Ever been in a 550 sq ft apartment?  Most of those dwellers don.......

......ah the heck with it.  The whole problem is that there is NOBODY IN THE WORLD AS AWESOME AND SMART AS YOU.  

You would have prevented the pandemic in the first place without inciting panic, and then even if your plan would have failed (but really, how could it???!), you would have had the world vaccinated in a week.  

The rest of us are just so miserably stupid.  I'm surprised you can tolerate talking to anyone in the world?  Nobody on your level.  

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:21pm
My friend that had COVID looked into the immunization. Her doctor told her that she had to be tested to see what her antibody level was. (Apparently the level differs from person to person.) He told her that he strongly recommended that she be immunized. I assume he means to be immunized when her antibody level lowers.

Former President Trump had COVID had COVID in October 2020 and he was recently immunized.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by coggonobrien coggonobrien wrote:

I had covid last month, data shows no shot is required regardless of what the tv says. Also I got into the plague plasma donation program 28 days after being sick and donated 2x/week with each donation getting an anti-body test. I was called 8 months after I was sick to let me know my antibody count was finally low enough that they could not use me for the program.

Maybe I'm the only confused one, but are you saying that your covid antibodies lasted 8 months?  and then you had covid again last month?

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:43pm
OK, WHAT Made in China, for the most part KRAP, is IN those 10 semi's that 10,000 people can't possibly live without for 21 lousy days ?
Really 

This Wal Mart is a Grocery Store also.. Meat, veggies, can goods.... soap, toilet paper, beer... also Pharmacy ... i would guess a couple thousand of those people take medicine and it all comes from Wal Mart. .... I think a lot of people that dont have more than a week of groceries in the shelf.. At Wal Mart couple times a week..

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 5:04pm

Really 

This Wal Mart is a Grocery Store also.. Meat, veggies, can goods.... soap, toilet paper, beer... also Pharmacy ... i would guess a couple thousand of those people take medicine and it all comes from Wal Mart. .... I think a lot of people that dont have more than a week of groceries in the shelf.. At Wal Mart couple times a week..

Around these parts if Wally sold beer most people would be there twice a day,  and believe me it's essential, we can't tolerate one and other unless somebody is passed out and the hospitals icu's wouldn't have any bed space for covid patients because they would be full of detox people in withdrawl.  Damn Germans! Nothing says love like a baby sucking on a nipple hooked to a bottle of Old Charter. Wink LOL

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 5:50pm
hmm ...gotta wonder why Walmart doesn't sell beer or wine ? Maybe a 'security issue' ?
Only in the past few years have we been able to buy SOME wines and 'specialty' beers($$$) at 'grocery' stores.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 6:45pm
Jay, trust me they sell it around here, that's why the parking lots are full of cars!!  It's not our fault you guys up north try to live a healthy life. Wink LOL

Around these parts unless you have 3 beers open that are only half drank your not a alcoholic. LOL

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 7:46pm
I have no plans to take the vaccine.
My wife got Covid at work. We stayed in opposite ends of the house for 11 days.
I never got it.
Recently a coworker came to work with it and caught fire and sneezin all day. I was laying decking on a roof right beside him for a couple days. He’s been off work for a week now and none of the rest of us have shown symptoms.
I hope none of us get it.
Jenny got her first shot Work required yesterday. Very ill today. I feel terrible for her. Hope it gets some better by tomorrow.
I have been cautious. I don’t go in stores or restaurants. I go to the lumber yard multiple times a day but I call ahead and they set my inside items out front on the sidewalk. Jenny makes me carry hand sanitizer and wipes in my truck. I’m allowed 2 masks a day and must bring them in for washing every night.
I try hard to be careful. I do take this virus serious but don’t want the shot.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

I have no plans to take the vaccine.
My wife got Covid at work. We stayed in opposite ends of the house for 11 days.
I never got it.
Recently a coworker came to work with it and caught fire and sneezin all day. I was laying decking on a roof right beside him for a couple days. He’s been off work for a week now and none of the rest of us have shown symptoms.
I hope none of us get it.
Jenny got her first shot Work required yesterday. Very ill today. I feel terrible for her. Hope it gets some better by tomorrow.
I have been cautious. I don’t go in stores or restaurants. I go to the lumber yard multiple times a day but I call ahead and they set my inside items out front on the sidewalk. Jenny makes me carry hand sanitizer and wipes in my truck. I’m allowed 2 masks a day and must bring them in for washing every night.
I try hard to be careful. I do take this virus serious but don’t want the shot.

Well, Thad,,,,I KNOW from always reading your posts that you ARE a very careful person and you have a great Love and  regard for Ms Jenn, as you should!! I have tried like heck to not get caught up on the many reasons  both Pro and Con on the 3 vaccines currently available and,,,and,,,there will, no doubt be many other vaccines available by another year or so. The One thing that science does not know at this point of time is HOW LONG any of the vaccines will protect you,,,,?
 I had an extremely sobering eye opener just a couple of months ago,,,, Our "daily Press" is no longer a Daily but in fact a "weekly" and they no longer deliver so us out from town do not get the "news" except for word of mouth and sometimes not even then. A month ago I got word of a school friend had passed due to the covid,,,heck he was a few years younger then me,,!! THEN, two weeks after that,,another school chum also passed,,again to the covid!!! I met the Weekly editor at gas station and asked when they were going to resume their Weekly and he said the newspaper was almost to the point of closing completely. He suggested I check out the local Obits posted on the local Funeral Home's website.
 WELL,,,,I done so and,,,,,I GOT SCAIRD of what has been going on in my home town!!!!!  I missed so many funerals of people I had known forever and worst, I never got a chance to express my condolences to all them families. The Only'ist saving grace is the Guvnor wasn't letting but 10 people attend any funerals, services or burials and the only 10 people rule only allowed the immediate family to participate,
 I got to where I would NOT go to town much less take the wife but,,,,GUYS,,I am flat fed up with ALL this  Covid BS and the only'ist way we are going to gain back SOME semblence of our previous life is if everybody gets vaccinated, then there will not be any carriers, and everybody can resume their lives without this almost  constant fear of those others out there that MAY be the ones that can cause us harm.
 So, Thad and all others,,,PLEASE talk with your families again, for theirs, yours and my Peace Of Mind. THANK YOU.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 8:50pm

Chit,,I forgot my main point,,,,WinkWink
 What with biden opening the southern border to all kinds of UNKNOWNS, we all need some more protection than just staying 6 feel from everybody else.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net