Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=176448
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 10:48am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What'd I do wrong,,,?
Posted By: desertjoe
Subject: What'd I do wrong,,,?
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 4:01am

I tried to post a question in the Farm Equipment section and got a full RED page telling me I did not have permission to post there,,,,WTH,,,??

,  SOOoo,,I'll try here,,,Wink On my D14 Industrial, the engine started to stumble when trying to take off or using the loader or backhoe. It has gotten worse as it goes to where I got to keep it reved up and just "ease" into the shuttle clutch else the engine will die. Any suggestions on what to look at ??

Replies:
Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 4:41am
When that happens, go to forum log-in, or you might have accidentally double clicked your post...Wink

-------------
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:19am
if it runs at the higher rpm, just has trouble getting there.... I think it is the carburetor.. One jet is plugged... Think of an older car with a bad accelerator pump.... You got to FEATHER it to get up in speed, no quick throttle acceleration... ? ............ assuming your governor rod is still attached , and free to move !

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:13am
Wink Maybe them little green guys NM is world famous for moved into your gas tank.LOLLOL An then one was playing on your computer device.   LOL But at least that Nebraski guy that was peeing into gas tanks has been busy building a cook shack, Confused at least that's what he says. ( I need one of the emoticons looking over my shoulder ) LOL  

Probably just this "new improved" gas now days.   

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:20am
Carb jet plugged or the governor is not opening the throttle when you have a drop in rpm's.

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 2:12am
Tried them idees??  How about vapor lock?  Not enough air getting into the gas tank?  Sucking air where the carb goes into the intake.
That'll give you something to do for a while...Big smile Wink

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 2:32am
i would also check what Ted says, check your gas cap vent, do you have a gas filter on it? sediment bowl full of junk or water? check all that then go to the carb. and/or lines

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:35am
Maybe, just maybe there's a itty,bitty little slivver of yellow gas can nozzle plastic  hidden but wedged in the input  'tube' of the sediment bowl assembly ???
I KNOW first hand that'll make a D-14 not 'run right'.......sigh.....

at least it was a warm summer day when I lost those 4-5 hours.....

Jay

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:22am

Well,,I checked the guvner rod and it is free to travel,,guess I'ma gonna take the carb off and go thru it ,,lookin for trash or ,,??  but,,,BUT,,,it been so dang COLD here the last week or so and I ain't got CHIT done outside,, CHIT,,it prolly be better if it DID snow,,at least it have to warm up for it to snow,,!!  I been staying inside pretty much as I can only look at Youtube videos for so long. I  been catching them videos of oldies but goodies songs and my favorites,,,of Cajun and western musics,,,,,,Wink Chit,,I may even learn some Cajun /french talkin soon,,,,LOLClap
 OH,,and Shameless,,,I just meant that comment,,literally,,you understand????

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 1:46pm
if it's that cold you sure you don't have some ice in carb or gas line

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net