Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=176445
Printed Date: 01 May 2024 at 2:05pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Router table
Posted By: HD6GTOM
Subject: Router table
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:26am
I found mine today, still in the boxes never put together. It was buried under a lot of other stuff in the shop. I got it mostly put together today. Its a Craig Jig brand, real heavy built. Now I gotta find the dang router. I looked it up online this afternoon. It cost over $700.00 today. I think it cost me in the neighborhood of $250.00. Needless to say, I am still cleaning up the dang shop. We did get her moms stuff outta there. I've still got a big pile of insulation laying in there. No backing on it. Its 8' wide, made to be put in a new steel building, as a matter of fact, its left over from building the new shop at the car dealership. I think I will cut it onto 15" wide batts and insulate the roof of the porch I enclosed last summer.

Replies:
Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 2:38am
what are you gonna rout?

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:35am
Once I complete the KW, perhaps trade it off for a smaller machine I will build a router workbench along the back wall of the shop.  Make it mobile on casters but where the router can be undermounted or removed easily.  My brother has a set of plans that he is going to send me to do this.  Also need a long bench as this to seat my Sliding Miter Saw, cumbersome on longer pieces even on a rolling support.

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:25am
TOM !!!  Sounds like you really NEED that table... Better  hurry up and get it together !  LOL   Wink

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:30am
Got a cheapie one here -----dont have time to use it! --- kinda sucks! They are handy.

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:30am
Amazing what you can find when you go to cleaning out. My bride bought me a big heavy Crapsman router years ago but forgot the table. But right now I don't have room for a good router table but I have free handed some things along the way. My granddaughter tells me I need to get better organized so I may have to put her to work doing some cleaning. Anybody need a good radial arm saw?

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:08pm
I built a table and put a insert router table into it from Rocklers years ago, built all our kitchen cabinet out of red oak that was sawn from 2 tree I found down one spring mushroon hunting also made some of our woodwork. I have a dust collector hooked to it but haven't used it much since I got the house done. It has a 2 horse router under it,

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:10pm
Still working on getting the router attached to the table. I had to drill and counter sink some holes in the top of the table today. Now I need 3 longer screws to attach the router to the table. I want to go to a farm sale tomorrow, its a mile out of town. Should be able to catch the local ace hardware store in the morning and pick them up. Sale starts at 11:00. I don't need anything, but the guy was a real good customer at our tire shop. At 1 time, his wife managed a fleet of semis they owned running to California and hauling produce back, hauling eggs out. Then the idiots in California passes a law requiring all eggs sold in the state had to be from cage free chickens. The chicken ranch they were getting the eggs from was only 1 mile from their place. They sold the trucks to the place they were hauling for and just went to farming.

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 2:21am
who's crying the auction?

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 9:29pm
Shameless. Garrison Auction is calling it. The gals in the food trailer have good coffee. They have one at Macksberg Ia for another friend of mine next Sat. I can't bee there. I did get more of this dang router table put together today. I am missing a major piece of it. Left them a message today. If it was all there I'd have her done today. Had to stop and change a rear tractor tire for a guy. He brought it over. Gots to use my new duck billed tire hammer this afternoon. Boy am I outta shape, it doesn't help that my left arm is almost totally useless. Tires are a real pain in the butt when they are off the tractor. He wants me to do another next week. Hope he gets here by noon, old gal says I have to make some deliveries that week. I hope so, both of these stores I'll be delivering to have real cute gal owners, and one serves good coffee in her shop.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net