Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=175629
Printed Date: 09 May 2024 at 6:06pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: can you believe this chit?
Posted By: shameless dude
Subject: can you believe this chit?
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 12:17pm
sitting the other night at the table...giving ya'll my expert opinions...i smell something like burnt wires...then a puff of smoke comes outta my keyboard on my laptop! i unplugged it and out the door with it, laid it out on the grass in case it was gonna finish burning! spent most of yesterday buying a new laptop and getting it set up. only had to call the tech service twice today. but it now seems to be working! whew! Oct. was one spensive month around here! 

Replies:
Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 7:01pm
WOO HOO and you still have your old name.ClapClapClapClapClap

Good job weather you got it done yourself or found somebody to help. Wink Your back before we knew you where lost.LOL But I guess you miss out on the face wash by the St Bernard with the flask of brandy.LOL

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 7:33pm
They usually quit working when all the smoke escapes.  Did you pull the battery and give it a look see?  That might be all that's wrong with it.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 10:18pm
spilling Black Label on the thing one too many times will do that !! Wink

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 12:21am
it was about done for anyways, the hinge has been broke for months, it was splitting apart at the seams, and the DVD tray was broke in half. but it still worked for what i needed of it...til the other night. now it's to hard to trust it in the house when we leave. it'll go in the burn barrel this week.

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:08am
SD,
 Glad you caught that in time!
Good your back with us!
We need pictures!
 Regards,
 Chris

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 8:41am

Holy Chit-a-riski,,,Shameless,,,!!  Broken hinges, splitting apart at the seams, DVD tray broke in half,,,,UMMmmmm,,,I think them laptops are susspossed to be treated kinda like women,,,,,,,always gently and with loving caress's  in all the right places,,Wink Ya can't use em for wrestling with the puppies,,,or just throwin em in the back of the trk,,,,
 I'm still glad it didn't just Blow up inside the house,,,,,,
 ( I did notice you was not around),,,,,LOLLOL

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 1:59pm
Maybe this one will post pictures

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 10:25pm
maybe Chris will come visit, take pics of all my chit (cept the machine) and post the pics on here for ya'll to drool over!

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 10:38pm

Well,,Good Buddy,,,,that right there is exactly what I suggested to ole Les to do for us,,,,and,,,,and,,,he got this funny look in his eyes and started to backpedal back so friggin fast he fell over,,,picked hisself up and hauled azz in a cloud of dust,,,,,all you could hear in the distance was a fast fading NNnnnooooooooooo,,,,,!!!!!
 I don't think he was very acceptable to takin any pics around your place,,,,,,mayhaps is why he stays away these days,,,,,,????WinkWinkLOL

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 10:59pm
he's to affraid i'll have his ford towed!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net