another UC question- yellow paint?

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=172492
Printed Date: 14 May 2024 at 5:36am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: another UC question- yellow paint?
Posted By: JamesP
Subject: another UC question- yellow paint?
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 3:03pm
My 35 model has several layers paint . The first one is yellow, then orange, then another cruddy orange job. Is it possible it was a municipality tractor? The draw bar has almost no wear, but the belt pulley has been used and somebody cut the pulley lever off and repositioned it. 

Replies:
Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 3:16pm
Hmm.. could it have been used with a sickle mower for grass cutting ? then resold 2 times....

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:49pm
My UC is yellow ...has been that way since I first saw it in a pasture in the 60's. Dad said the paint faded over the years but I don't know if that's true.34 model I think.

Posted By: DSeries4
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 8:46pm
A lot can happen to a tractor over that number of years.  They can't tell us what they have been through either.  Everything is a mystery.  Just clean it up or restore it, show it, drive it, look after it and enjoy it.

-------------
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 5:05am
I thought the same thing, faded. But, after dipping the carb it is apparent that the first layer is yellow, than orange.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 5:17am
If you're really, really curious.......
once you've cleaned up a SBA$ sized area  take a few closeup pictures of the 'yellow'.
upload into your PC and save.
there are programs,similar to 'paint' that can decode what each pixel's colour code is.
take the file to say an autopaint supply shop, they should be able to put your file into their computer, press a few buttons and come up with a reasonably close colour match 'code'.
now the fun part, go online and find old colour charts and try to match up the 'yellow'

this is what the 'historical boards' make homeowners do so that their houses have accurate paint schemes and colours...

-------------

Posted By: Lonn
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:41am
Jay, historical boards???? And make home owners do???

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:05am
yeah , up here if you buy a house that's been designated 'historical', 100% of the outside MUST conform to some 'boards' idea of how it was ,back in the day......
say....it had wooden single pane 4 over 4 windows....yup... you MUST replace with wooden single pane 4 over 4 windows.

These boards or committees have a LOT of power over what you can/cannot do to YOUR house. I've heard of people paying big Canucks to have their house deregistered.

Jay

-------------

Posted By: GreenOrange
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:35pm
Where have you all found the yellow? That engine was in a lot of industrial equipment too.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:45pm
All over the tractor

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net