Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=169577
Printed Date: 03 May 2024 at 6:34am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lost my friend Minnie.
Posted By: klinemar
Subject: Lost my friend Minnie.
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:07am
I had to put my German Shepherd Minnie down this morning. She was 10 years old and had kidney failure. Yesterday and last night was bad,she had seizures every 4 to 5 hours! When I didn't see any light in her eyes this morning I knew it was time! She will be missed!

Replies:
Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:16am
Worst thing about having animals is when the end comes.....as in forced to end their lives.

Posted By: Dave in PA
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:53am
Cry

Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:05pm
Thats tough,,, hang in there

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:19pm
Mark, Sorry to hear of your loss.
 It sure does hurt when they have to go.

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:46pm
   Minnie says get off the phone and let's go!

Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:02pm
Prayers my friend, sorry you had to let her go!

https://s33.photobucket.com/user/Joecdeere/media/Untitled111.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 3:27am

Yeah, Mark,,ditto what everybody is saying bout your friend,,,,,,I'm just dreading my 11 year old Yorkie, when it's her time,,,,,,Ouch

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:21am
Lost so many furry friends over the years, they live a short life compared to ours yet they pretty well live everyday for that day. Once our current leaves us we will remain a while without as the emotions involved have become all too much burden anymore. Sincere condolences my friend.

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:56am
Sorry to hear of you losing your companion. They are just like family and it really hurts when we have to let them go.

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:12am
Sorry for the loss of your family member Mark.  Remember the good times and the ones that made you laugh.  It helps a little.

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:30am
Ever since I was a kid my family have had German Shepherd Dogs. Most have been great farm dogs. There were a few that were trouble. Minnie had anxiety issues from being abused before I brought her home. She was the most difficult but most affectionate dog I ever had! I do miss her today and how she liked to be with me! I do remember every dog we have had and how much they affected our lives in the short time they are with us!

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:32am
Again, sorry for your loss.  I know how much our friends mean to us.

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:39am
Thanks, all of you that have had 4 legged friends understand the loss! No matter how hard of a day you've had nothing much is better than a dog wagging its tail happy to see you!

Posted By: truckerfarmer
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 9:41pm
Sorry for your loss klinemar. Just buried one of our buddies today. Lost him to congenital heart failure back in Feb. Ground finally thawed out so I could dig his grave.

-------------
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 9:53pm
I too am sorry to hear you lost your buddy! I see she liked riding with you, my old Golden does too in our cart. we've lost some great companions thru the years, each had they're own way of showing friendship/companionship/love and laughs. we've taken in so many abused cases from shelters and after a couple months they turn into great friends, they just want to know what is expected from them. please go and rescue another...there are so many that need loving homes like you can give them! I still remember thye good times I've had with each and every one of our past buddies, keeps me going on to give as much love to the ones we have now. maybe Minnie will meet some of our past dogs in doggy heaven and play together!

Posted By: Wayne180d
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:27am
We have had to put 4 down and none were easy  I can sympathize with you.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net