Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=168309
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 7:31pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Gas Price ??
Posted By: FREEDGUY
Subject: Gas Price ??
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 5:46pm
This morning gasoline could have been bought for $2.18- $2.29. Tonight the same stations are up to $2.55-$2.59 :-( My first thought was ; what did the POTUS do now LOL!! Seriously, what is the cause now??

Replies:
Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 5:53pm
Pretty stable in Illinois at $2.37   ............ probably something to do with IRAN ?

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:02pm
last week it was $2.45 here BUT that was last week. Have not been out since. I am sure it's higher today!

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Posted By: HD6GTOM
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:04pm
I paid $2.189 in Osceola Iowa today. I never bothered to look at other stations on the way home today.

Posted By: marion
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:25pm
have seen some 1.97 signs this week, and not e-85
got some today for 2 bucks

Posted By: nella(Pa)
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 7:23pm
2.40-2.45

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:01pm

Lemme tell ya'll what I seen,,,,,The refinery that makes the fuels sells to the distributor(s) at a negotiated price per gallon. The distributor sells the product to the stations at a going rate of the week/day,,,plus markups. The Refineries can't sell to the end user because of an antitrust suit by the guvment they lost years ago.
 The trick is that the price per gallon gets cheaper the farther the Distributors have to truck it,,,Believe it!!
 Case in point,,,The  bulk of the fuels in this area are made in the town I live in,,,,Regular gasoline was $2.45 this morning. Two of the local distributors haul the very same gasoline to Lubbock, Texas bout 180 miles,,I KNOW cause their trucks passed me going towards Lubbock,,!!  AND,,,and,,,I paid $1.98 for the very same gasoline made where I live and trucked 180 miles, sold it for $1.98 per gallon and STILL MADE A PROFIT,,!!
 That right there is some shenanigans going on,,I have to say,,,,,Wink

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:45pm
Joe, what is the state tax in Texas compared to New Mexico>

Last Sunday the Murphys in north Longmont was $2.04 for regular and down the street on road diesel was $2.60.  Saw in the paper it was $2.36 about 12 miles east of me.  Off road is still $2.64, crazy!

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 2:26am

Yeah,,John,,I still remember when I was still workin,,,I used to get cussed for the HIGH cost of gasoline in the SAME town it was made in abd it was frustrating to try and explain at how the distributors were the ones doin the gouging but most times fell on deaf ears so I quit tryin,,,,, I know there were several "investigations done by the state's AG after numerous complaints by the peoples ,,,,,but seems like the distributors always ,,,"Won". Any little old bobble over in the far east will cause an almost immediate rise of fuel prices by distributors,,,,but will takes months for prices to come back down after the "spat" is ironed out over there,,,that right there is sometimes called Capitalism,,,,,,,WinkWink

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:24am
Our local Fuel stations are at $2.03 Regular and $2.46 Hiway diesel currently. Not seen it this low in quite awhile. MFA Red Diesel IIRC is still around $2.35+/-

Posted By: Greg (Hillsboro, OH)
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:38am
paid $1.95 at walmart in Knoxville TN this morning.

Posted By: TimCNY
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:40am
Refinery fire in LA yesterday.
Gas prices move just like the stock market, only in reverse: "Bulls go up the stairs, bears go out the window." Prices can skyrocket in an instant, but take oh-so-long to come back down.

-------------
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!

Posted By: fixer1958
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:42am
In town $1.93 to $2.14
Interstate gas stops $2.24

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:43am
OK, it's about $4.50 US per USG up here in Ontario, about 20% CHEAPER than 2 weeks ago..... maybe as the INJUNS have totally shut down ALL main railroads across Canada, eh ??

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:58am
Still holding $2.39 up here, same as for the last week or so.

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Posted By: TimCNY
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:21am
Varies wildly here; cheapest I've seen locally $2.41, highest $2.69, less than 4 miles apart.

-------------
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:28am
We've got the same chain here, Kwik Trip, and there are about 20 stations all within 5 miles.  Yesterday the price range was anywhere from $2.38 to $2.49.  Now today, I just did some checking, they are ALL at $2.40. Go figure,,,,,,,  They HAD been at $2.49 for the LONGEST time!!  Talk about price fixing.

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:34am
We also have the weekend pricing for all the tourists from Ohio and Indiana going to northern MI for the weekend.  You just have to remember to get gas before Thursday.  The price can jump 50 cents or more per gallon.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:26pm
Filled up pickup the other day at Sams Club - $2.09 a gallon , across the street is a Speedway (old Super America) at $2.49 and a block away a Quick Trip at $2.47.
Normally Sams is 20 cents cheaper than the Speedway . 
 Thoat part of further from refinery the cheaper is real prevalent  around here as there are 2 refineries in this area . and if you go 30 miles away gas seems to drop 10 cents a gallon from cities prices . 

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:54pm
Wink Thanks Jay there is somewhere crazier than here LOL 3.20 to 3.50.
Had off road diesel delivered to the ranch 2.85 with all the state fees included.

But the state has been adding .10 cents gallon or more every year for this carbon crap. 

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 2:26pm
We have BellStores here in our area of Ohio. 10 miles east gas is always higher than 10 miles north west but the last 2 weeks gas is lower east and higher 10 mile north west. BeelStores is buying all the stations east and closing them. They are in the business of controling the price.

Posted By: Kiwi
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 3:53pm
Hi all your gas is cheap here in New Zealand we pay $6.33 usd a gallon that is 91 oct diesel $2.97usd gallon but we pay a road tax on diesel $46usd per 621 miles if vehicle is under 3.5 tonne

-------------
Tractors Allis EB,two C,diesel G

Posted By: FREEDGUY
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

We also have the weekend pricing for all the tourists from Ohio and Indiana going to northern MI for the weekend.  You just have to remember to get gas before Thursday.  The price can jump 50 cents or more per gallon.

NEVER seen the price jump THAT much, 25-30 cents MAX !! What is the "attraction" in northern MI this weekend?? BTW, there is NO rhyme or reason of what day of the week they "JACK" with the gas price in the Niles/South Bend area :-( Still leaning towards a "potus" tweet

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net