Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=167985
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:20pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: password
Posted By: cowkicker
Subject: password
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 8:08pm
How do you recover your password, got new computer and need password to sign in. 

Replies:
Posted By: FREEDGUY
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 8:28pm
How were you able to make this post without being logged on?
When this happened to me recently, I clicked on "FORGOT PASSWORD" and followed the instructions,had a new password within 5 minutes.

Posted By: cowkicker
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 8:33pm
Still using old computer!

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 12:25am
when you gits a new password, give it to me, i'll write it down for you in my little black book!

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 1:46am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

when you gits a new password, give it to me, i'll write it down for you in my little black book!

Once again, Good Buddy,,,,if,,IF you could remember "YOUR" password,,,you would not have to be saddled with thet ,,,,thet,,,avatar that is less than,,,,less that,,,,,UMMmmm,,,,guess I better quit right there,,,,,,else he gonna,,,,UMMMmm I'm outa here,,,!!!WinkWink

AND,,,by the way,,I HATE them passwords,,,I gots several fews of them written down in my little White book,,,the experts always tellin us to not use the same password for any two sites but a different one for every site,,,I wisht they would fix the desktops like the newest smart fones with the fingerprint access,,,I really like that,,,you don;t gotta remember chit bout your finger ,,less you gets it cut off,,,,,WinkWink

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 6:05am

Passwords are over rated ! stupid and silly having several. I only have TWO passwords. One is 30+ years old, the other a bit newer. The newer one is 'universal' ABcd1234! used on all sites needing uppercase,lowercase,numbers and special characters. 
makeup one YOU understand and repalce ALL your others. I'm betting you'v got paper with them on it,in drawer or stuck on screen.
As for getting onto a PC without password....reboot, press F8, safemode...might work, depends on Windows version... if you're really stuck, pull power, remove case, remove coin cell battery,jumper the J12 pins next to it, repower... that used to work...

Jay

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: sho-man1
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 7:50am
All my new passwords are the prescription meds and doses i take along with my favorite pet's name, "in$ulin50mcgPrincess". Good luck hacking that type of password and you will never forget it...

Posted By: Gary
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 7:56am

At the top of this page - click on FAQ

'Frequently Asked Questions'

Should find an answer there.

Gary

Posted By: TimNearFortWorth
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 7:57am
Scammers will try anything; opened my e-mail on laptop and found a message from a friend requesting "the password we shared as I lost it and need your assistance".

Well, never shared a PW with anyone, and the e-mail address it came from was legit address from my friend, who died five years ago!
E-mailed his widow and we had a good laugh before she told me she is inundated with messages FROM her husband since he died . . . .

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:57am
Cowkicker is trying to hack us. LOL

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 12:54pm
OK which password and for what ?
You can set up a password vault (it also has a password) to keep track of every password . Several FREE programs are out there for this 
 Now if for this site and you want a password for new computer - use old one to log in - then change password to whatever and then go to new computer and use that password to log in .
 I use LAST PASS program to store passwords - most of the time it works good - but as I have 4 yahoo e-mail passwords it gets confused sometimes on which one i am trying to access 

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: trace
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 1:46pm
don't know why in this age we can't have some sort of facial, fingerprint etc recognition instead of 50 different passwords.

-------------
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net