Print Page | Close Window

B engine freeze plugs

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
Printed Date: 26 May 2020 at 3:16pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 -

Topic: B engine freeze plugs
Posted By: Luke114
Subject: B engine freeze plugs
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 3:12pm
I popped out the freeze plugs when cleaning up the block for rebuild.  Didn't realize they weren't a standard cup shaped plug, but just a saucer shaped disc.  Will a standard plug go back in the hole?  They seem a little shallow for the cup type.

And yeah, they aren't technically "freeze" plugs since they aren't in the water jacket.  Casting plugs?

Posted By: Alvin M
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 3:19pm
Agco Part # 70910011 Welch Type 2.500 Saucer Type As Some Call Them

Posted By: Luke114
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 3:53pm
Excellent, just what I needed!  Thank you!  Never even heard the term Welch plug before.

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:42pm
I think the term AC used in some lit., was core plug.  You should be able to take an old one into a rad shop, or auto parts house, and come out with a new one, for not much $...Wink

Source: Babylon Bee

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:48pm
A common term used for plugs in the small engine carbs.

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 -
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. -