Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=161781
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 3:18pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: she went and dun it now!!!
Posted By: shameless dude
Subject: she went and dun it now!!!
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:31am
went to the local farm store to buy canas...and instead came home with 10 rhode island reds and 13 guinas! they have now taken over my temporary cook shack tent on our deck! guess I gotta build a chicken house this week!

Replies:
Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:05am
Better there than here! Darrel

Posted By: ac hunter
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 7:37am
     You should be very egg-cited.

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 7:47am
  CHIT,,,Thad,,,,best we be trappin some coons and go turn em loose up thar so's they can take care of them guinnies ole shameless is gettin,,,,,,,,,them dang guinnies is terrible bout "announcing" whenever somebody is "out and about",,,ya know like checkin things out,,,,,,,,WinkWink

Posted By: thendrix
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:54am
Welcome to chicken farming!!

Now build that lovely lady a nice, big coop right by the window where she can watch her birds and you might get an egg or two (and maybe some special treatment )

-------------
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:16am
There in his COOK SHACK TENT and seasoning everything for him. LOLLOLLOL

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

There in his COOK SHACK TENT and seasoning everything for him. LOLLOLLOL

This mean your Wink not going when he has a big wing ding and invites his 100 closest Allis friends.LOLLOLLOL

Wink She must getting tired of his sleeping all day, but I think she needs some Peacocks. They can dang near wake the dead.LOL

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

CHIT,,,Thad,,,,best we be trappin some coons and go turn em loose up thar so's they can take care of them guinnies ole shameless is gettin,,,,,,,,,them dang guinnies is terrible bout "announcing" whenever somebody is "out and about",,,ya know like checkin things out,,,,,,,,WinkWink

Some coons and a herd of gray
foxes. Til then we better have ole Lester do the pilferin.

Posted By: HD6GTOM
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:33pm
I'm see someone else is in the same boat. Grandson has 50 more broilers coming next Thursday. At least the old gal has a chicken coop. Only problem - these are gonna be sorted thru and shown at the State Fair. The only problem -- the grandson is gonna be in Colorado at the time that dang things gotta be washed up and delivered to the fair. " Stanley here's another fine mess you've gotten me into".

"

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:50pm
went to the local shed place, found a nice little building, they asked when I needed it? I said tomarrow, they said they'd deliver it in about 3 weeks, I said forget it!

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:13pm
Make a chicken pen on wheels and move them around the yard, no more mowing, just don't leave it set any one spot too long that they kill the grass and you will not have anymore ticks or any other bugs on the ground

Posted By: Walker
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 3:24pm
Is this a yolk?

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 3:59pm
I figure if you're building a coop,have two doors and  put it between TWO pens... 1st year,then run around the 'west' pen while stuff is growing in the 'east' pen'. Next year, they get to use the 'east' pen, while the 'west' pen  gets to recover.

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Walker Walker wrote:

Is this a yolk?

-------------
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 5:40pm
Ray, I'd lucky if I made it onto a list of 1,000 of his closest Allis friends.  Unhappy

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Is this a yolk?

the smiley face will just egg him on with the ouns

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:52pm
So you went to the store and gave the old lady the bird?

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Is this a yolk?

the smiley face will just egg him on with the ouns

Well.....cluck it

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:26pm
been along time since we had birds...been digging out all the old equipment, some needs replacing, some don't. wonder if Tyler would notice a guinas in with his bunch? our one Lab is infatuated with them, she goes and checks on them every time we let the pups out. we took one out and held it in front of her, she sniffed it then gave it a loving kiss. now I wish I would have kept the other chicky houses up, they are all weathered out and about shot. PfffffT!

Posted By: 200Tom1
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 9:38pm
Ok true story. When I was in 5th grade, the little town had a storekeeper that owned ponies, pony ride, little tin train, small merry go round, and a small ferris wheel. He sponsered KIDS DAY for 1 0r 2 days in the summer time. One year they decided to have a greased pig contestant and a genny catching contest. They greased these pigs with vasaline. Every boy and about 1/2 of the 4th-5th and 6th grade girls were covered with vasaline. Then They decided to turn about 50 ginnys loose and let us kids catch them. Only problem-- they didn't clip their wing feathers. As soon as they opened the cage those things took off. Those things were roosting in everybodys trees and crapping on anything that was left out. Lots of car washing going on for a couple of months. Us kids that lived in the country sure had a good laugh about it.

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:27pm
Eggsactly,,,,,must be a yolk.
Yard bird and eggs for ,,,,,,,,,,,, brunch for 100 friends.
Sorry, but I'm busy.......

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: GARY(OH/IN)
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:57pm
Drove by a place the other day that had a home built coop out in the lawn Maybe 20-25 white birds in it. It was just 1/2 or 3/4 PVC pipe and fittings with a light plastic netting taped over it and then a blue tarp over that. Looked like an easy to move cheap way to do it.

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:04am
200Tom, reminds me of the WKRP Thanksgiving episode, Turkeys falling from the sky, Mr. Carlson saying "As the Lord is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:06am
as soon as they are big nuff, they will be free range birds, they will still be locked in at night. just gotta get them to that age/size! last guinas we had, they would sit on the fence facing the highway, and it was just like they were watching a tennis match as the cars/trucks went past each way! that was funny!

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:40pm
I certainly hope I would notice. If not I'm in the wrong business

-------------

Posted By: iowallis
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:30pm
Make sure your chicken coop has 2 doors, not 4. Otherwise it would be a chicken sedan.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:14am
LMAO @ Iowallis!

Posted By: klinemar
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:06am
My Dad told me about the Guinea's they had when he was a kid. He said they would chase cars,were excellent for letting them know anything strange or different was happening. They all roosted in the pine trees along the road and one cold winter night they froze to death. Dad found them in the morning under the pines. He said they could not catch them to put them in a co-op as they were a lot like pheasants!

Posted By: LeonR2013
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:44pm
Been thinking about getting some chickies. Now I don't know.      Leon

Posted By: fixer1958
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by iowallis iowallis wrote:

Make sure your chicken coop has 2 doors, not 4. Otherwise it would be a chicken sedan.

Mine has 3 doors....Does that make it a hatchback?

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 11:19am
Originally posted by fixer1958 fixer1958 wrote:

Originally posted by iowallis iowallis wrote:

Mine has 3 doors....Does that make it a hatchback?

Wink Hatchback mean your hatching chicks in the back?LOL 

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 7:43pm
prolly gonna hafta build a chicky house, prolly 8x8 or so. PfffffT! I know I can build one cheaper/better than the parking lot models, and I can use up some of the lumber I already have, just don't know how my back is gonna take it! just take more pain pills! lol

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 11:12pm
Look out buddy.....8x8 isn't big enough.  At a minimum I'd go at least 12x12.
I sure hope you have a mixed batch.  If you only get one rooster, it's problems....

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 1:09pm
The exercise will be good for your back

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:25pm
my back is already hurting just thinking about it! whew!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net