Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Positive ground and pacemakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Positive ground and pacemakers
    Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:54pm
Got a question about Positive ground vehicles, some which were old AC machines. Has anyone heard whether positive ground vehicles can emit an electromagnetic field that could affect pacemakers?
Heard that it could from my automobile shop teacher years ago.
Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mathew 7:14
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:00am
them electrons in DC are just all flowing in a different path but going in reverse in one of them polarities - now which one is right you will need to argue with a Englishman, A old ford owner or a early Chrysler Corp owner - as the rest of the world said DC electric flows the other way . Then guess my old White truck was the other way around also like my HD5 use to be UNTIL. 
 Lot of the pace maker ideas have changed over the years - from electric drills , microwaves , and other electronics that were said to be avoided - well guess welders are still questionable especially high frequency units like TIG
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:11am
It doesn't matter whether positive or negative ground, the same EM field is generated. BTW the tractor is NOT grounded, to Mother Earth , that is, unless the plow is in the field. 4 rubber tires are great insulators.
I know someone with a defibrulator and he welds everyday(MIG not stick,so DC ). ZERO problems. One key item is to NOT have your free hand between the ground clamp of the welder and the work area. Course you're NOT supposed to do that with any electric welder....

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 7:00am
I know a fellow that is on his second pacemaker(dead battery after first 9 yrs.) since 1996, he is around ac welder, tig, mig, alternators, generators, electric motors, electric shock from cattle fence, microwave oven, and who knows what else. None of which affect his pacemaker. I have read where they are developing one that is safe for having a MRI. 
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

It doesn't matter whether positive or negative ground, the same EM field is generated. BTW the tractor is NOT grounded, to Mother Earth , that is, unless the plow is in the field. 4 rubber tires are great insulators.
I know someone with a defibrulator and he welds everyday(MIG not stick,so DC ). ZERO problems. One key item is to NOT have your free hand between the ground clamp of the welder and the work area. Course you're NOT supposed to do that with any electric welder....

That reminds me of way back when I fixed the floor pan in a car I had. I bought an antique Monkey Wards stick machine, the kind that has about 20 places to put the cable to change the amperage. This machine can go all the way down to 5 amps. So I'm welding on a low setting with some narrow diameter 6011 rods, it's a hot day and I'm sweating pretty good. I'm sitting on the car, still have my leather gloves on and as soon as I touch the new rod to the stinger I found out that from there on not to be sitting in the car when I grab a new rod...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 8:50pm
LOL... short circuited...
 Yup, know a fellow that has a second pace maker too... He had not welded in years nd asked the doc after the second one was implanted if he could go back to welding and he said that the new pacemakers are much more resistant to those magnetic fields so go ahead... just don't get shocked, that hurts. LOL

....  Something else to look out for whither your a pacemaker recipient or not... don't be out pullin on dead trees by your self...

Grantsburg man dies when tree limb falls on him

BURNETT COUNTY – On Sunday, Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:50 p.m., the Burnett County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a missing person in the area of East River Road southwest of Oeltjen Road, about eight miles south of Grantsburg. Family members stated that the individual had last been seen at about 4:15 p.m. Sunday afternoon.

Deputies and a Burnett County K9 unit, along with Grantsburg Fire Department personnel searched the area; the Barron County Sheriff’s Office provided assistance using an unmanned aerial device (UAV) with night vision capability.

At 04:25 a.m. searchers discovered the body of Raymond Granquist, 69, of Grantsburg near a wooded area on his property about one half mile southwest of his home. Initial investigation indicates that Granquist was using a tractor to pull down a dead tree when a large limb broke and landed on him. Granquist was pronounced dead at the scene by Burnett County Medical Examiner Mike Maloney.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic