Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pork loin recipe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pork loin recipe
    Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 1:40pm
Joe, no big secret on the apple cinnamon pork loin, several recipes on the internet. Use 4 lbs or so of pork loin, sprinkle with salt and pepper, put some oil in a skillet and brown it on each side, let cool a bit and make some deep slices about 1/2 inch apart across the top. Core and slice about 4 or 5 granny smith apples, put a layer on the bottom of the crock pot, put apple slices in each slit in the  loin, put any left over around the side. Pour about 1/4 cup or so of honey over the loin then sprinkle it and the apples liberally with cinnamon, add a sprinkle of thyme if desired. Cook on low about 5 hours. After cooking put the liquid in a sauce pan and reduce by about 1/2 and use it to pour over the sliced loin.

Had the loin with turnip greens, baked sweet 'taters, and cracklin' cornbread for dinner after we got home from church. Now I am ready for a nap!

If I can stay awake long enough I will pm you the instructions on smoked turkeys, wouldn't want a certain Nebraska feller getting all of our secrets. LOL Wink LOL
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:13pm

"" If I can stay awake long enough I will pm you the instructions on smoked turkeys, wouldn't want a certain Nebraska feller getting all of our secrets. LOL""

Well,,,Hubert,,,that'll teach him to go off campin and fishin and ,,,,and,,,NOT tell anybody  'forehand,,,,,,,cause,,,,cause,,,we might of wanted to go too,!!! He's prolly "in the mood" and is wantin some privacy,,,,and we'd just be in the way,,,,,,WinkLOL Ya know he's been up at the lake an awful long time,,,and it cold and the wind blowin something fierce,,,he's prolly stayin inside the camper gettin some,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rest,,,,LOLLOL you thought I was gonna say something else,,,huh,,,???LOLLOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:29am
awwwwww shucks! we had to come home! the old lady....oooops....I mean the loving wife has to work Monday. sure was quiet up there even with the high winds! no traffic noise, no rumble bar noise. and the entertainment was still pretty good at the boat ramp. guess i'll start stocking up for cooking this winter. that recipe that Hubert posted, sounds pretty good!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 8:43pm

Hey Hubert,,,thas a great soundin recipe ,,,gonna try it maybe this weekend,,,the pork has been sellin low last week or so,,,and I picked up some big roasts cause the Wife thinks she wants to make tamales for the holidays,,,,only'ist thing I'll prolly be the one doin all the work,,,oh well,,that's just what a man is susspossed to do,,,,,,,,but I told her it would prolly cost her a good piece UMMMmmmmmnever mind,,,,,LOLClap
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:13am
Joe...you gonna make a good wife someday!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 7:44am
Wadda ya mean,,,,,,,,,,,,SOMEDAY,,,,,,,,,,he's been doin real good for a while now.  Remember, he had his love of his life in the home for a while recuperating,,,,,,,,,,,something to do with his cookin I'm tole,,,,,,, well anyway,,,he had to be the chief fixer-upper, bottle washer and cook while she was gettin over some kind a poisoning.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 9:21am

Yeah Ted,,,She;s been down for some time now,,,let's see,,,,let's just see,,,,HMmmmmm
 Yep,,,it been a LONG time I been head cook, head house cleaner, head carpet shampooer, and,,,,and,,,I STILL ain't been designated as head of the "doin IT" dept,,,,,dang womeen and their gold mine,,,,WinkLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic