This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off color: Yanmar SA221 anybody?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off color: Yanmar SA221 anybody?
    Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 4:37pm
Got an LS 25hp that we mow with and a few small jobs around and I'm just not happy with it. On top of that LS has quit supplying some parts for a 2020 tractor .

Anyway, went and looked at a Massey 1825 Tuesday and the dealer also carries Yanmar. Looked at the SA221 and, to me, it's a good bit more comfortable than the Massey and they're within a few hundred dollars of each other. Another big thing I like it the radiator is mounted in the front like bigger tractors. Makes the operators platform a bit cooler. Anybody have experience with these Yanmars? I know JD has run Yanmar engines in their smaller tractors for many years but what about the rest of it?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 5:13pm
I'm not familiar with the newer Yanmar but I do have a Yanmar 2020d with a loader, it's a 1982 model I have owned it for over 20 years, I love it,starts at any temperature,sips fuel, it's done anything I have ever ask it to do. I think it maybe a little heavier than the 221 model, with the loader mine is probably 2600 to 2800 pounds. You'll like that Yanmar
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 5:32pm
Is a bit larger than our Deere Yanmar powered 2305, SA Series start at 22 go to almost 28hp 3 cyl, ours is just at 20hp 2 cyl and as dependable as Tom C's full Yanmar.  I have picked close to 1200 pounds with loader on ours, still unnerving unless have a balance implement at rear, hard on tires moving very far.  Was never a fan of the earth mover style Industrial tires on all these yet found they are not as brutal on lawn as the Ag tire tractors are.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 5:57pm
Thendrix, check out Fredricks Yanmar over in Hartselle Alabama they have been around for years,are a reputable dealer,and have a fairly good selection of older Yanmar tractors, parts of any kind have never been an issue,the few things I have needed I either got from Fredricks or from Hoye tractor out of Iowa Park Texas.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 7:19am
I have a 1980's Yanmar built JD 855 4WD with a loader about as bullet proof as it gets and built far heavier than those sold today.I would not trade it for a new compact with the same HP sold now.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 7:50pm
Thanks for the input guys. I know Yanmar has been around a LONG time just not many around here to judge from
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic