Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

object purchase at a sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: object purchase at a sale
    Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 11:54am
I purchased this  plaque at a sale a couple of weeks ago.  Was hoping some one on here could tell me something about it. 
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
Sponsored Links

festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 11:56am
Sorry for the size  it is my first picture post   still learning   Any help identifying this plaque would be appreciated. 
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 12:46pm
Milwaukee Plant--  they produced steam equipment mills, castings, etc... and the Allis Chalmers Manufacturing Company name was added in 1912....... I would guess a cast TAG that was riveted to a mill / grinder / boiler case.

Edward P. Allis was an entrepreneur who in 1860[3] bought a bankrupt firm at a sheriff's auction,[1] the Reliance Works of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which had been owned by James Decker and Charles Seville.[1] Decker & Seville were millwrights who made equipment for flour milling. Under Allis's management, the firm was reinvigorated and "began producing steam engines and other mill equipment just at the time that many sawmills and flour mills were converting to steam power

By 1912, the Allis-Chalmers Company was in financial trouble, so it was reorganized. It was renamed the Allis-Chalmers Manufacturing Company, and Otto Falk, a former Brigadier General of the Wisconsin National Guard, was appointed to turn it around

Edited by steve(ill) - 22 Oct 2017 at 12:49pm
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic