This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Years Day Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bradleytrench View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Years Day Project
    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 6:20pm

Todays adventure was to get the rusted out floor pan out of my newly acquired 14ft A2 head. Tomorrow I will call and see of i can get a new floor or if i will have to make one.
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 10:43pm
Priced one from AGCO a few years ago for my 15ft F2.....had doubled in a couple years....was around 1500 but available !!!.Thinking the plastic liner made more sense...not cheap either.
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 5:53am
Looks like a heck of a way to cure a hangover.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 7:54pm
Thanks Albert up at Maryville MO, i have found a NOS floor for my head. The price was very reasonable. Just have to make the trip halfway across KS to get it.

I have the trucking handle. Have a load going to salina.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:34am
Bob has a fully equipped sheet medal shop with the tin in the bins but at the price he found a NOS pan it was faster to put in the new pan and will save hours of time punching all the holes in a shop built pan.
Sometimes is less money in the long run to buy a new factory part over aftermarket or even a used one.  
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:36am
just curious ,but could you use one of those 'bed liner' products to protect the tin ?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:40am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

just curious ,but could you use one of those 'bed liner' products to protect the tin ?
would have to be of the "slippery" kind
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 7:25am
I think Bob is headed West to get the new pan so it might be here Sat morning.  I have not seen the lower pans in Bob's last pic before I'm thinking they are not factory, have you guys seen them before? 
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:13pm

Today has been busy. Moved a couple of containers this morning. Went to dads and started on putting the head back together. Cleaned up all weld on garbage. Clecoed in the NOS floor pan. I used some modern technology. I wasnt in the mood to buck 110 rivets. Since i have access to a huck bolt gun, i hucked the floor in. Put the guards, and what new sickle sections I had. Im also updating to bolt on sections. No more rivets. Next step is the auger. The bearings are froze up in it.

Bobby (MO)

Edited by Bradleytrench - 09 Feb 2019 at 10:17pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:55pm
huck bolt gun?
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:27pm
Huck bolts are mix between a rivet and a bolt. The stem on the bolt is scearated stem on it. You put a huck lock on the stem. The nose of the gun is designed to crush the huck lock to the scearated stem on the bolt. They use them to assemble Paccar cabs. The huck bolts dont come loose. Bobby (MO)
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:59pm
I used to work for Carrier Air Conditioners. We used a huck bolt gun to fasten frame rails together. Once you put something together with one the only way to get it apart is cut it. I hadn't seen one of them before or since those Carrier days.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:37am
You have done some real nice work there. Oh how the floor pan is going to shine after them soybean stems work it over. Keep the pictures coming.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:39pm
Bobby is going to rebuild his "AII" back to new as he can with mostly new AC parts. This is going to be the nicest 1967 combine around!!

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:38pm

Took the auger apart and the finger crank shaft is worn bad. Looks like the grease worms have been in the bearings.

AGCO wanted $150 for a NOS.

Went to a local weld shop found a piece of 1 in shaft.

Went out to the farm and broached a keyway in the end. Welded the other end on it. More pictures to come.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:46am
Made some progress today. All new bearings in the auger. Installed auger in the head.

https://youtu.be/3RfQQpyb0gg

Next part is rebuilding the reel.

Edited by Bradleytrench - 24 Feb 2019 at 11:48am
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 7:43pm

Dad called me today to tell me more Christmas packaged showed up from Zieglar Ag. Albert sent the rest of my sickle sections. Filled the sickle and adjusted it. Put the reel on. Had to put just 1 bat and 4 new spindles on. Decided to call it a night. Bobby Mo
1 WD45D, 1 A2 GLEANER, Wd w 33mounted corn picker
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 8:30am
This is what I call a true re-fit!
Bobby knew he was going to spent lot's of time and money to rebuild, refit, restore, renew or what ever someone might call it and I'm happy to see him doing it right just like he go's at all the work Bobby turns out.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:38pm
Ive got some good help today. My son decided to come help me.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 4:30pm
Very nice work being performed there.
 I have looked for a straight cut head for my F, and seems none to be found... most heads are for beans.
[TUBE]3RfQQpyb0gg[/TUBE]
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:25pm
Looking great!
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:36pm

New sickle drive head, tie tod end.

Replaced the bearings with NOS in the wabble arm. New tired on sickle drive. Took awhile to get adjusting nuts freed up. Heat, taps and dies.

New yokes, bearing holder, bearing, and snsp rings on sickle drive. NOS belts. Reel tensioner freed up. New idler pulleys on the reel belt tendioner.

New drive gears from agco where $100. I went and got new weld on gears for $12. Cut the old gears off the hub. Replaced the gears. Cleaned up the shaft. New bearings. Replaced the adjuster bolt on the auger drive belt adjuster. Had several broken bolts the get out. Its been a day. Bobby MO

Edited by Bradleytrench - 16 Mar 2019 at 7:42pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:45pm
I know there is a pile of them in Buhler KS. Mikes Equipment has acres of combines. And 12 old turkey barns full of parts. You just have to get out in wheat country. Bobby MO
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:17pm
You are going to a lot of work. It must be fun for you to have your son help with it. Just think how big the smiles will be the day this header goes "Back To The Field".
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Unit3 Unit3 wrote:

You are going to a lot of work. It must be fun for you to have your son help with it. Just think how big the smiles will be the day this header goes "Back To The Field".

Thank you sir. This has been a project. Its fun when you have had 3 generations working on trying to save a piece of history. Not to many functioning A gleaner left. Bobby MO
polarbear View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 1:04pm
That is well illustrated great and real interesting
THANKYOU
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:31pm

Kids wanted to go out to dads this afternoon to play in the creek. While the kids played, I put all the new spindles in, and 3 new bats on the reel. I straightened 2 of the bats. Replaced all the hardware that holds all the spindles and bats on.

Started to put the anti wraps on the ends. Im hoping by next weekend, I'll have the head on the combine. Thanks for all the positive comments. Bobby MO
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Ranse Ranse wrote:

I used to work for Carrier Air Conditioners. We used a huck bolt gun to fasten frame rails together. Once you put something together with one the only way to get it apart is cut it. I hadn't seen one of them before or since those Carrier days.
Class 8 trucks and trailers have been using huck bolts on suspension and frame members for many years now.
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Originally posted by Ranse Ranse wrote:

Class 8 trucks and trailers have been using huck bolts on suspension and frame members for many years now.

Hucks are an aircraft fastener. Kenworth uses them in pretty much everything. Like everyone said, once together they hold tight
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 7:55pm

Before

After

Next project header trailer
Bobby Mo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic