This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Video Of "CA"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Video Of "CA"
    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 2:32pm
I added a video about how to remove and install the hand clutch on the "CA".

"CA" Hand Clutch Removal

Hope it's helpful and enjoyed.

Thank you
Dennis
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 4:23pm
You probably have a lot of people confused Dennis, since you are taking the 'wrong side' of the rear end apart LOL
 I wonder how many of those clutches will slide off with a pry bar, when they haven't been used in 40 years? Mine has been locked up since the late 60's when it went out on Dad and he had an old AC mechanic 'fix' it. I have a whole different clutch for mine, because I don't know what was done to lock it up. Just haven't got around to working on it yet.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 4:41pm
You may be right!
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
NICKMI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICKMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 4:58pm
Your brake lining looked much better than mine

Edited by NICKMI - 21 Feb 2020 at 4:58pm
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:32am
Originally posted by NICKMI NICKMI wrote:

Your brake lining looked much better than mine

I replaced the brakes about 20 years ago and they were getting a little weak, so since the tractor was apart I put new in again. Unfortunately the "CA" is a bit difficult getting to about everything in or on the final drives. Seems like whatever one needs to do on the back all the bolts need to be removed, everything is integrated together.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic