Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

needin some memory pills,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: needin some memory pills,,,,,,
    Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:23pm

Well,,,Elk season is in full swing and,,,,and,,,,,my memory is for CHIT,,,,!!! I had went and checked my .50 Cal in line last week and scope settin  was just like I left it when I last used the smoke pole bout 3 years ago,,,,,,6" high at 100 yards,,,which put it in the bulls eye at 200 yards.
  Went up to the hills Sat AM and had a big 5X5 run across the road bout 100 yards and then  he stopped to get a better look at me,,,,,I sent a 200 grain right at his boiler room,,,and,,,,and,,,he jumped straight up,,,kicked his left leg up and hauled azz up the mountain followin all his cows,,,we gave him a few minutes to lay down and snuck up the mountain,,,and,,,,,,we don't find CHIT,,,!! we looked for him for 2 hours and finally give that up as we find no blood trail,,,,,,,!  Go back to where they crossed the road and trail him and the cows he had up and over the ridge and,,,still no luck,,,,,
 I'm  thinkin the friggin barrel MUST be bent so I chucked it in a crotch of a good sized pine tree and gave her a little tweak,,,,it looks better now,,,,,,,Wink
 Gonna go up and give her another try in the mornin,,,,I put a straight edge on the barrel,,,and you can't hardly see the kink now,,,,,wish me luck,,,!!!!Wink
Sponsored Links

marion View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:44pm
had a 22 rifle one time, only thing I could figure was bent barrel but didn't look bent.
had to use a range finder and Chinese slide rule to hit anything. I always thought if it would shoot far enough you could shoot yourself in the back of the head with it. First ex-wife sold it for 5 bucks in yard sale,
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:54pm
I had one of those times about 25 years ago,mountain lions  where thick and bucks where not. I gave up looking for horns and wanted some venison in the freezer. Still needs to be forked horn for general season,I think the only state to not have much doe hunting.  But anyway little forked horns are around,I missed about 3 or 4 of them.Finally downed one that was 75 yards.

Time to do a little target shooting,all over the place if I could even get it on the target. Visited the old gun smith down the road,the last inch of barrel  was swelled out. The only explanation we could come up with,at the time we did a fair amount of driving the brush to bust the deer out into open country where someone else could get a chance at them. So we figured I got a little stick in the barrel that plugged it. Anyway he cut the barrel off and crowned the muzzle and back to just over 1 inch groups at 100 yards. But I have been lazy and have not shot at a deer in 15 years.

Hope you got yours so it shoots where you point it. Only time I could really blame anything other than poor shooting on my part. 
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:43pm
I gots couple of goats for sale Joe!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:42am

Hey Good Buddy,,,,,,,you know,,,,,,Gosh,,I'm speechless with your generousity,,,,,ahem,,,I can't imagine you wantin to give me them goats for little or nothin and then sounds like you might be offerin to deliver em too,,,!!!  But,,,,but,,,they gots to be good weed eaters,,,so's they can earn their keep,,, They ain't gonna be no new free loadin 'round these parts,,,gots plenty of them kind already,,,,,LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:51am

Chit,,,,plumb forgot to do an update on the big Elk hunt,,,,,,
 Well,,the friggin barrel on the muzzle loader is got a kink in it for sure,,Went back up Tuesday AM  and jumped a nice 5X5 first rattle out of the box,,bout 120 yards and ,,,,,,thet son of a beach just flipped his tail at me and hauled azz  over the mountain,,!!! We was in some really rough country and I wasn't wantin to place any stress on the Valentine cause the last time I had my heart issue,,was in the mountains while huntin,,,,,Wink So,,I just crawled back in the trk,,and got 'nother beer,,,,,
 That just means I ain't got to spend 3-4 days cuttin and puttin up all thet meat,,,,HMmmmm,,,maybe ole Shameless's offer for all them free goats is soundin some better,,,,,LOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:26pm
how the heck do you bend a gun barrel? quit using it as a crutch?
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:02pm

Hey Joe

You didn't mention the 'memory pills' again.

You plan on setting them up as a Target for practise ?

Gary
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:14pm
Them gensing pills that the dollar store sells is pretty good, iffn I can remember where the bottle is...Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Gary Gary wrote:

Hey Joe

You didn't mention the 'memory pills' again.

You plan on setting them up as a Target for practise ?

Gary

Well,,Gary,,, when I sighted in the rifle,,it was hittin 6" high at 100 Yds. so it would be right on @200 yds. Thing is,, I "forgot" thet little tidbit of very important info and I had the crosshairs right in the boiler,,,,,,,and,,,,and,,,,the bull standing bout 100 yards,,and  the bullet must of hit him high on the back as it  jumped straight up and humped up,,,,,,then ran straight up the high mountain after all his cows,,,,!!!!! We never fount him even lookin for 2 hours,,,,,,
 And Shameless,,,just so you know,,,IF   your gun is hittin high,,,you just find you a stout pine tree,,stick the barrel in the crotch and give her just a nudge,,,,not too much cause if you go too much,,then you get a kink in the barrel when you got to go back,,,,,,WinkWink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic