Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My spooky story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My spooky story
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:57am
In light of Friday the thirteen tmrw I have a spooky story for everybody that actually happened just yesterday. So I went to my parents house to get a new toy I ordered I often have things shipped there for safety reasons. I walked in the house went upstairs and grabbed my package no biggy downstairs I heard the TV on. Didn't think very much of it dad sometimes leaves it on accidentally. Couple hours later I called my old man and asked him why he left the tv on over lunch hour and he laughed and said he didn't come home for lunch that day. Then it got strange. He thought I was joking. He didn't watch the downstairs TV in the am before work either and my mom hates tv so neither of them left it on. Well maybe my little brother popped home from school . I texted him today and he hasn't been home since Sunday. Now I'm really puzzled . The cat couldn't have done it without because you need to go through a process to get the cable on and the TV on and he's definitely not that smart. I checked all the doors and windows no entry or broken glass so no one broke into their house. It gave me chills after I got off the phone with Dad lol how did the tv turn on who turned it on. Funny how tmrw is Friday the thirteen and this happened this week. Pretty spooky I'd say
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
Sponsored Links

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:34pm
It was a dark and stormy night........Big smile
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:40pm
one bright day in the middle of the night...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:50pm
Maybe  a power outage?  I was watching the other night and the power went out.  When it came back on the sat box and tv came back on themselves.

Just a thought less scary then a poltergeist.  Ain't they the ones that turned on tv's?

There heere!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:30pm
It could have been a power surge but then again it probably would have just turned the TV on though the cable is usually usually have to turn that on afterwards so I don't know it's definitely a head scratcher
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
D17JIM2 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17JIM2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:28pm
We lived near Clayton Indiana for a few years and the wife was working nights. I came home late one night after one of those 16 hour days took a shower and went straight to bed. The TV was in the lower room of a tri-level house and the laundry room was next to it. I as the dutiful husband I've always been took my dirty clothes down to the laundry room and did not turn the TV on. At 2:00 in the morning I heard voices coming from the lower room. I went down slowly and found the TV on.
I wondered, but shut it off and went back to bed. The next night the same thing happened. COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT !!!
Finally I checked the remote menu and someone had set the TV to come on at 2AM as an alarm clock ! Before my wife went to work the first day the Grand kids had visited for a couple of hours and I blamed them !
Wife said the kids didn't go to that room while they were there. So I blamed her. That went over well !
Anyway never did it again after I reset it. Spooky at the time though.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:08pm
What's shameless' alibi???Wink
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:07pm
I have had something like this happen recently, my wife passed away on Sept 3rd, last week my daughter was outside feeding her dogs , it was a rainy evening, I have been missing a battery and have a 720 AC setting there by the shop that I use to till the garden;; I had forgot the battery was in the 720,, and Molly comes into the shop and asked ,, are you working on the 720 ? Said no, she said the lights are on,,, went out there and dam if the weren't,, shining bright, and it was a toggle switch that had to be snapped over,, not a short in the system !

Edited by DougG - 12 Oct 2017 at 7:13pm
baverwolf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baverwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:28pm
I had a similar head scratching experience similar to these last year at about this time of the year. I had went and helped a neighbor do some work and used my fourwheeler. It ended up raining and the atv ended up a muddy mess. When I got home I parked my pickup next to the hydrant and just rolled the atv down the ramps. I purposely didn't start it as I wanted the engine cold when I washed it. I decided to run into the house and make a phone call before washing it. I was in the house for about 20 minutes. When I stepped outside I heard something running. I first thought my Dad had came over on a fourwheeler or utv as he lives just a couple miles down the road. Turned out it was my fourwheeler that was running. Just sitting there idling. When I haul it I always shut off the fuel. Fuel was turned on and it had been idling for some time as the cooling fan was running. Ground was muddy from the recent rain and I could see my tracks well. When it rolled out the back of the pickup it got to rolling pretty good and I just let it roll to a stop. My nearest track was about ten feet from where it had rolled to a stop. I looked and looked for other tracks and there was none. I'm still scratching my head.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:35pm
Those spooks are out to get all of you!
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:58pm
Notice Shameless is being pretty quiet......? Darrel
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:23pm
Years ago I had a tv that would turn on and then run the volume up and down and change channels, it was a bad circuit board....
   I've had fun with the neighbor for several years now... when I drive by his place with the old 170,  I sometimes fan the throttle some, it will send the right signal to open his garage door...  Makes him wonder what is happening because it always gets open when he isn't home cuzz i check for his truck first.  And I haven't told him who's doing it yet.  LOL  LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:52am
I've been known to....uh....nevermind!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:49am
poltergeist, smoltergeist,,,,,,,,,them is GHOSTS doin it!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:59am
Only time I was ever spooked was walking to the deer stand at 5am one cold morning when I saw the northern lights the first time.  Something about it made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.  I took the safety off and kept on walking.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Stan IL&TN Stan IL&TN wrote:

Only time I was ever spooked was walking to the deer stand at 5am one cold morning when I saw the northern lights the first time.  Something about it made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.  I took the safety off and kept on walking.

HAHAHA!  Must be too far south in Elvis Land to see them much.  We see them here frequently.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:41am
I vote Shameless must have had some part in this,like his bed warmer the puppies.

I only implicate the poor puppies cause 20 years ago had a pare of Australasian shepherds that got called ghosts too.

I guess with Halloween it is time to check Weird California anyway and see what the ghost hunters have planned for the neighborhood. Those that believe in spooks think the area cemetery carved off my ranch back in the 1880's has a ghost. The cemetery is still used but not maintained except for a cutting of the dried grass the Sat before Memorial  day weekend. So all the weird ghost people think it must be haunted. Ghosts must be real home bodies as I lived 150 yards away and only problem I ever had was putting things in a file cabinet and not finding it till somebody beside me looked for them.

But any way the ghost people put very fuzzy pictures taken in the dark of the ghosts coming to get them on the Weird California web site. One of which was one of the dogs. But they were not a wrong as they mite have been the boys named them Carnage and Cadaver.  Oh yes the more Black Label you drink the ghost gets MUCH MUCH clearer.     

Edited by Ray54 - 13 Oct 2017 at 11:53am
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:45am
Hay Shameless if you get your feet some better and you still have a uniform from the old days we could have a lot of fun with the city idiots out in the country looking to be spooked.   
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by Stan IL&TN Stan IL&TN wrote:

HAHAHA!  Must be too far south in Elvis Land to see them much.  We see them here frequently.

It was actually in southern Illinois which is still not far enough north to see them very often.  That and the fact it's usually in the middle of the night and colder than a well diggers butt when they happen and I try not to be out at those times.  LOL

Edited by Stan IL&TN - 13 Oct 2017 at 11:52am
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:11pm
Just funnin' ya.  When I spent some years in the sticks of southern OH, most there had never seen them.  I grew up seeing them a lot.  One time about 10 years ago, we pulled over on the side of the road to watch for about 15 minutes.  They were incredible that night.  Looked like green tornados and shimmering streaks of light shooting higher (farther overhead / south ) than I'd ever seen.  That was amazing, the best by far I'd ever seen. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:47pm
I've never seen them, but would enjoy it if I could. I've just seen pics of it
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 4:42pm
I think the title of this thread should have been started as once up on a time or this ain't no chit.  LOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:16pm
lol @ Dave....man...I gotta gits me an electronic animal callers!!!! the old lady....ooooops....I mean the loving wife, keeps watching me when we go to Bass Pro or Cabelas...she says I don't need one! but.....really I do!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:11am
I just talk to them, never received an answer but I think it makes them feel better to communicate with them. anyway I always thought most of them must be female.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:32am
Got one that hangs out here. Usually just jacks with the electricity.
Wifes little dog watches something walk up and down the stairs sometimes.
Little grand kids have talked to a little girl they say lives in one upstairs bedroom.

I bought this place as a unfinished repo so we are really the only ones that have lived here.
We did have a bunch of lumber in the basement and going through it I saw what looked like a lot of blood on some of it. Over the years I heard a little girl fell down the basement steps and cracked her head open. And then in an overnight stay while building one of them almost got gassed by a torpedo heater they were using to heat with inside.

Don't bother me much. Just tell them to do there own thing and all is good.

Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 3:38pm
The house that I currently live in, bought 3 years ago, worked on it for about a year doing work, new kitchen, paint, etc..  Our youngest son moved in while about 1/2 through that work to be done.  The past owners, were 2 bachelor brothers, and both past away in this house. That we knew.    So to continue, Sean our youngest son, got up one night to pee, and there was one of the standing in the hall-way!!  HE FREACKED out!!!!  Once My wife and I HEARD THE STORY, about 10 min. later, when he shows up at our door, we went to new house the next day, and said, "Donny, and Elwin, you both grew up here in this house, and are always welcome to be here and be part of our family" and the is a quote!!  We have never had a issue since, BUT our dog still does at times, barks at the wall. So I think they are part of the family now, just the dog has never really meet them.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:13pm
Very good, you have to talk to them ,,,, its neat
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:48am
yep...just dun took the fun of it out for them!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 8:07am
see what ya'll that are on my list, gots to look forward to after I kick off!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 8:36am
I hope I go before you do...... I'll get you then.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic