Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lithium Ion Multi-Function Jump Start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lithium Ion Multi-Function Jump Start
    Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:25pm
Anyone have experience with a Lithium Ion Multi-function Jump Starter ?
Sponsored Links

johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:42pm
Yep! The one I have works pretty darn good. It is a middle of the road one as far as size.
Do a search, I think we all discussed them a year or so ago
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 6:55am
Bought one from Harbor Freight for my granddaughter last week, I have heard they work good. I have several of the larger ones from HF and they have worked good except for one problem - they slip out of the tool box on my truck and hide in the shop and then I don't have one when I need it. They are handy for powering my trailer winch.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 8:39am
I have an 800 amp one it works great not much bigger than a book in its zippered case. The leads are short but it can lay right on the battery. I left the key on in my suburban out camping. When I got back the dome lights wouldn't even come on. Hooked it up and started the suburban. I've used it several time here at home sure beats dragging a power cord and charger out to a tractor that won't start. Most of my tractors are parked nose to tail in the shed. When I need one it's usually behind a tractor that hasn't run it a while and needs some help to get going.]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DLM0166/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/URL]

Edited by Dakota Dave - 02 Nov 2017 at 8:52am
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:13am
I bought a Gooloo 800Amp jump pack and is very similar to the one Dave has.  I have not jumped off a tractor or the truck yet but have jumped off a rider mower, ATV and the pull behind mower thus far.  What I like about them is they will hold a charge and not be dead 6 months later after sitting unused.  I turned mine on yesterday and it still says it's at 100% charge and it was mid summer when it was charged last.  These will also charge your phone and has a built in flashlight and can be charged by 12 cigarette lighter or 120AC power plug.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:56pm
I had never seen one until a few years ago at the tractor club meeting the host left his JD 7800 outside with the lights on, wouldn't start, a guy had this little book looking thing with two little battery clamps on it, hooked it up and and varroom!  Found one online for around $100, now they are about half that.  One of those best tools ever.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:45am
how well do they work on somthing that may have to crank a bit say may be a frozen fuel filter change or temps in the teens,  because my jumper box that is about as big carrying around a battery is a bout wore out and needs replaced,  but put out alot of cranking  (reserve amps )
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:21pm
Daves article says 800 amps and 16,000 maH which is 16 amp/ hours ... That means it will put out 16 amps constant for 1 hour......... or 800 amps for 1 minute......... hard to believe for something that size................

I had no idea you could buy something that small with that kind of output.

Edited by steve(ill) - 03 Nov 2017 at 12:22pm
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:43pm
Harbor Freight has a coupon where you can get a 450 amp version for $59, regular $79.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 2:50pm
I bought one from Walmart for like 29.00 have never used it by the guy talking about it said a guy started 6 cars with one for a demo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic