Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jasper the Pigeon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jasper the Pigeon
    Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 2:40pm
This Jasper and my sweetie Robyn, long story short, the kid that runs the fuel truck found him after we tore down a gas station, he was just a baby with no feathers yet, so the kid put him in his stocking hat before lunch and put him in the truck, after work he sent the baby home with me, I tried to give him some water, but he wouldn't drink, so I left him sit in the shop over night, the next day my girl looked it up on her phone and went and got some kind of parakeet formula and bottle fed hime for about 2 months, now every morning when I leave he is on my truck, and when I get back he meets me on my truck, he tries to be sneaky and catch a ride in the house on the dogs back, but she started letting him walk in with her, and rides in on my shoulder at just the right time as I open the door, everyday now!

Edited by Keith E - 14 Oct 2017 at 3:11pm
WD 45 peddle tractor2 WC speed patrols D 12, D12 sires3, 3 D17's 2 r diesel 1 gas sires 4, 2 200's 1 is for parts, JD 1020
4 WD's in the weeds
Sponsored Links

Keith E View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 2:46pm

Edited by Keith E - 14 Oct 2017 at 3:11pm
WD 45 peddle tractor2 WC speed patrols D 12, D12 sires3, 3 D17's 2 r diesel 1 gas sires 4, 2 200's 1 is for parts, JD 1020
4 WD's in the weeds
Keith E View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 3:01pm
4 WD's in the weeds
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 4:33pm

Is he 'potty trained' ?
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 6:04pm
wow...quite a buddy!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:53pm

WOW,,Keith,,,thas quite an accomplishment,,,,,she's got beautiful eyes too,,,!!!!WinkWink
Keith E View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:57am
No he is not potty trained or house broke, but he thinks he is a person, oh and we have confirmed he is a male. And now having trouble getting in to my email so I could sign in on my other computer, cos I don't have all the same pics on both, more pics to share. Caught sleeping while I am having my morning coffee in my shop.
4 WD's in the weeds
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 8:09am
he's a pretty boy compaired to a lot of them
Keith E View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 8:28am
Oh, and thanks for the comments guys, was hoping you all would enjoy the story. Okaythat took a while to get her to email me the baby pics when we first got Jasper, and had to resize some. 
4 WD's in the weeds
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:21am
That's pretty cool right there.  Thumbs Up
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:56am

That right there is just GREAT,,,Keith,,!!Clap Thanks for the pics,,Too,,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:37pm
oh....and Joe has a maroon colored pigeon house with doors and windows that he might sell you!
Keith E View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:18pm
That sounds real nice, but he rarely goes in the one I made for him, and she (Robyn) has been letting him come in the house at night, today we came home for lunch, like most days, and no Jasper, the new renters across the street was sitting on the front stoop and when he seen us backing into my drive way he jumped up and stood in the door way with the door open, se we watched and stepped out the front and called for Jasper, most all the time he lands on my truck before I get backed in, so we went out back and called for him, and nothing, so about an hour passed and the renters left and in a minute or 2 Jasper showed up. We suspect they had him pinned up in their house, might have to have a talk with them, they and all my neighbors know he lives here, I have been worried about some one being mean to him. We have 2 dogs we leave in the back yard everyday while we are gone, and Jasper always stays close.I was told being we hand fed him from a baby he will always hang around here, and she (Robyn) studied up on pigeons and said they live about 15 years, so I am thinking he might out live me.
Thanks for all the reply's to this story hope all enjoyed it.

Edited by Keith E - 17 Oct 2017 at 8:18pm
4 WD's in the weeds
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic