This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's now Grout time,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's now Grout time,,,,
    Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 4:33am
 Well,, I have finally reached a milestone with the tile project on the front room and the dining room floors,It ONLY took 3 weeks!!,,It looks really nice and  sure changed the look of the house and both rooms look much bigger,,,! Sure wish the wife could of seen it,,,,,
 I had picked a slate gray, light gray tile and now am going to use a dark brown-rust colored  grout and I did a small area, but am not too crazy bout the finished color of the grout,,, The grout dried to a "dull" rust color and I was hoping for a satin or semi gloss finish look on the grout,,,,? Anyone got an idee,,do they make an additive for this,,,,?
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 6:14am
Not sure about additives but might look in to epoxy grout. Been a while since I worked with it. Has its challenges during application but cured with a sheen to it
lockheedt33 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockheedt33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 6:52am
Check with your tile supply. Grout needs to be sealed after installation. You may be able to get a grout sealer that would give you the appearance your looking for.
1941 AC B
1948 AC C
1951 AC CA
1954 AC WD45
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 10:26am
I used a additive in my grout for plasticity and to seal it.  Cannot remember what was called, darkened the grout notably.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 12:57pm
Hey Joe, congratulations on your project... but wheres the pictures??? an don't pull one of them Shameless's acts either... Wink
  Bet Joyce would have been proud of your work.  Now let us see some pics. Smile

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 1:23pm
Found it
Admixture also known as Ardex
Plasticizer with Latex
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 9:16pm
get on your hands and knees, take a small paint brush and......
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

get on your hands and knees, take a small paint brush and......

Well,,I'll have you KNOW,,,,Good Buddy,,,,I HAVE been on my knees for the last 3 weeks and,,,,and,,,I done wore out two pairs of them knee protectors,,,,!!!  BUT,,I'm almost done,,,!! I AM,,!!

Hey JC,,,I did try to post some pics of that 1/2" drill re-do and never got the system to work,,,I'll try again in the morning

Hey Dave,,I wount up ordering some MAPEI Grout Maximizer additive That Lowes sells with their same brand of  grout mortar. The only'ist thing is, Lowes sells their Grout Additive for almost 3 times the money than ordering it from Walmart.Com,,,,!! Danged hiway robbery! I don't buy anything from Amazon any more for the owner's political leanings,,,!! According to the literature on the jug, it is a grout And sealer in one... Guess, we'll see,,,Clap 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 6:18am
I used the Admixture sold to us by The Tile Shop, a company here locally around STL, been satisfied it does do as intended.  Water still beads on our grout on the tile floors almost eight years later.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 2:15pm
Joe...i gotta know....when you was on your knees that much....you wasn't under a desk was you???
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Joe...i gotta know....when you was on your knees that much....you wasn't under a desk was you???

HMMMMmmmmm,,,,? I guess I'm a tad slow,,this time of night,,,OK,,I'll bite,,,why??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic