Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian Gunboats Forcibly Detain Rescued Tanker Cr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian Gunboats Forcibly Detain Rescued Tanker Cr
    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 5:50am
The Western Journal

Report: Iranian Gunboats Forcibly Detain Rescued Tanker Crew
By Jack Davis
Published June 14, 2019 at 10:51am

Share on Facebook

Tweet

Email

Print

Iranian gunboats reportedly tried to round up the crews of both tankers attacked Thursday in the Gulf of Oman, but were only able to take one crew into custody, according to a Fox News report and U.S. Central Command.
Sailors on the Front Altair were reportedly first rescued by the Hyundai Dubai, however, Iranian gunboats closed in and demanded the crew be turned over, U.S. Central Command said in a statement.
The statement said that aircraft dispatched to the attack site observed “an IRGC (Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps) Hendijan class patrol boat and multiple IRGC fast attack craft/fast inshore attack craft (FAC/FIAC) in the vicinity of the M/T Altair.”

The statement said that the Iranian craft acted aggressively.
“(T)he Iranians requested that the motor vessel Hyundai Dubai, which had rescued the sailors from the M/T Altair, to turn the crew over to the Iranian FIACs. The motor vessel Hyundai Dubai complied with the request and transferred the crew of the M/T Altair to the Iranian FIACs,” the statement said.

In the meantime, the statement said 21 sailors from the Kokuka Courageous were picked up by the Coastal Ace, a Dutch tugboat, and then transferred to the destroyer USS Bainbridge.
“While the Hendijan patrol boat appeared to attempt to get to the tug Coastal Ace before USS Bainbridge, the mariners were rescued by USS Bainbridge at the request of the master of the M/T Kokuka Courageous,” the statement said.
Advertisement - story continues below

The 23 crew members from the Front Altair are now being held in Iran, Fox News reported.
Iran was quick to show an image of what it says is the sailors in good health.
Iran’s English-language Press TV showed film and images and said they were in “full health.”

“This video refutes false reports by some media outlets claiming that Iran avoided help the sailors working on the vessel,” Press TV said. It said that of the 23 people in the crew 11 were Russian, 11 Filipino and one Georgian.

It is unclear when the sailors will leave Iran.
USS Mason, a guided-missile destroyer, is now patrolling the area of the Gulf of Oman where the attacks took place.
RELATED: US Navy Releases Footage of Tanker Attack Aftermath That Has ‘Iran Written All Over It,’ Trump Says
The U.S. has blamed Iran for the attacks and on Thursday, released video of what it said was an Iranian vessel removing an unexploded mine from the hull of the Kokuka Courageous.
“You saw the boat. It has Iran written all over it,” President Donald Trump said during an interview Friday on “Fox & Friends.”

“They didn’t want the evidence left behind. They don’t know that we have things that we can detect in the dark that work very well. We have that. It was them that did it,” he said.
Iran has denied any role in the attacks.
“Fire has been contained on both tankers … We have sent experts to evaluate whether the crew rescued by Iran can return to (one) tanker,” Allahmorad Afifipour, head of ports in the Iranian province of Hormozgan, said, according to Reuters.
Advertisement - story continues below

Meanwhile late Thursday, Yutaka Katada, president of Kokuka Sangyo shipping company which owns the Kokuka Courageous, said he doubted a mine caused the damage to his vessel.
“Our crew said that the ship was attacked by a flying object,” he said according to The New York Times.
He stated that the holes in the ship’s hull were above its waterline.
“There is zero possibility that they were torpedoes,” he said.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 6:26am
I dare say it IS time, a little revenge/avenging punishment is becoming a necessity.
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 7:27am
a nice great big bomb on the revolutionary guard palace would get there attention for sure.
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 10:08am
Those flipping idiots are bent on making a problem,   Escalation of force?? they are going to lose.  May be DT should do what Oboogerturd did but instead of an airplane he should use an oil tankerBig smile
I love pigs they turn vegetables into bacon

POLITICS-POLY Meaning Many     Tic- A Small Filthy Bloodsucking Dependent Creature
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 1:05pm
Seems too convenient to me. Japan had a waiver from the US to buy oil from Iran dispite sanctions. US revoked waivers May 1st. May 14 Japan meets with Iran in Japan to try to make arrangements to buy oil, bypassing sanctions. June 12 they meet again, this time in Iran. June 13 Iran attacks one of their only allies, Japan, while trying to sell said ally oil? Doesn't compute.

Edited by Lonn - 15 Jun 2019 at 1:06pm
Yes, yes I am zee Russian bot and I work for Kremlin. ;)
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 2:59pm
I am thinking something foul is afoot.
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 3:04pm
I’m in agreement with Lonn on this one...
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 9:51pm
I'm just suspicious, that's all. I usually am and look for any party that benefits from an event as a likely or possible suspect. Like when they claimed Assad gassed those towns. It didn't make sense he would do that when the Syrian army had all but won the war and only weeks after Obama warned Assad to not use poison gas, being the only event that would draw the US into the war, even though up to that point no one had used poison gas at all. It was just a little too convenient in my mind.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 6:55am
Still in agreement Trammy? Stern Smile
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:58am
Recent events in time line

21 - 27 Oct 2016
near Mosul, Iraq
Islamic State militants
sulfur
civilians, soldiers
2 killed, 1,500 injured
sulfur mine set on fire, producing widespread sulfur dioxide plumes
8 Mar 2016
Taza, Kirkuk, Iraq
Islamic State
blistering agent
civilians
1 killed, 600 injured
attack on town; fatality was 3-year-old child
23 Jan 2015
between Mosul, Iraq, and Syrian border
Islamic State militants
chlorine
Kurdish soldiers
~30 injured
truck bomb with chlorine-filled tanks used against troops
Sep - Oct 2014
Duluiya and Balad, Iraq
Islamic State militants
chlorine, possibly mustard gas
Iraqi and Shiite soldiers
40 injured
bombs with chlorine-filled cylinders used against defending troops
27 Mar - 22 Apr 2014
Syria--Damascus, Kafr Zita in Hama, and Talmenes in Idlib
Syrian military suspected
chlorine, others
civilians
104 killed, 200 injured
chlorine bombs used on civilians in two towns
21 Aug 2013
Damascus suburbs, Syria
Syrian military
sarin nerve gas?
civilian urban areas
1,429 killed (including 426 children), 2,200 injured
rockets with chemical agents fired at about 12 areas in suburbs south and east of Damascus, targeting rebel-held areas
19 Mar - 13 Apr 2013
Syria--Damascus, Al-Otaybeh, Khan al-Assal, Adra, Aleppo, Sheikh Maqsoud, and Saraqeb
Syrian military?
multiple chemical agents?
rebel soldiers and civilians
at least 44 killed, 76 injured
multiple attacks, mostly blamed on Syrian government; Syrian government accuses rebels of the attacks
Apr 2012 - Jun 2013
Afghanistan--Takhar province (9), Sar-e-Pul province (4), others
Islamist terrorists
pesticides?
schoolchildren
1,952 injured (including 1,924 children)
23 poison attacks on girls' schools, some cases of water poisoning
Mar 2012 - Apr 2013
Afghanistan
Islamist terrorists
rat poison?
police, other civilians
53 killed, 40 injured
9 attacks involving poisoning of food at police stations/academies
Apr - Aug 2010
Afghanistan--Kabul (6), Kunduz (4), others
Islamist terrorists
pesticides?
schoolchildren
672 injured (including 636 children)
20 gas attacks on girls' schools
11 Mar 2007
Iraq
Islamist terrorists
mustard gas
U.S. soldiers
2 injured
failed improved explosive device using chemical weapon artillery shells
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:09am
Remember the "White Helmets"?
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:58am
IRAN supports ALL TERRORISTS around the world.... Hammas, Syria, and others... and they are  blatant about it............ and that's a fact.
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 12:25pm
They also trade with NK.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 12:33pm
Yea.......... NUCLEAR material and secrets..
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 7:43am
So does Israel, dealing Nukes to rogue nations that is and they have stolen lots of our technology through spies and traitors. I'm still sticking to not quite believing that Iran bombed those ships. The US claims it was first mines, then torpedoes and Japan still says wrong, it was rockets or missiles. The grainy footage that I saw looked more like a rescue than sneaking an unexploded bomb off the ship. First how would they know? They were unloading the supposed bomb through a ripped hole in the ship? BS! And you don't go on a covert mission with 30 people sprawled all over a the supposed secret boat, some wearing life vests, some not. And why did the US use a night vision camera that appears to have came straight out of 1980. And I have personally never heard Iran say they back terrorist groups for a couple decades now. I have heard BB Nitwityahoo claim it but you know, his hat is just too small.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic