Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harbor Freight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AReed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harbor Freight
    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 6:21am
I recently received my Harbor Freight Merry Christmas  sale catalog. While thumbing thorough it I saw something that was unbelievable, in the ad for a American flag and flag pole in small letters it says NOT AVAILABLE IN MN . What the he** isn't Minnesota in the USA anymore and why can't the people of that state walk into a Harbor Freight store and buy a American flag to show their pride that they live in the greatest country in the world. It couldn't be that most of MN is Muslim and think that that they don't have to be part of the rest of the US.  I'm not sure about the rest of you out there but I don't think that I want to shop at this store anymore and support this way of thinking . Yes I understand that most if not all of their stuff comes from China and its junk, but I think from now on I will try to buy stuff made in the USA and not support these unAmerican  companies anymore.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 6:33am
send a copy of the ad, circle the 'disclaimer'  to the POTUS !!

subject line " WHY can't I buy an American flag in MN ?

really he needs a diversion and HE will MAKE it KNOWN !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 6:54am
Maybe the issue is that it is made in China. I don't know, just thinking out loud
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 7:17am
I think Lou hit on the answer.  When I read this, I grabbed my catalog which happened to be here on my desk.  The ad shows 2 flags, one for 8.99 that DOES say not available in MN.  The other is 19.99 and says "made in USA" and DOES NOT say not available.  I went to their web site and found the same thing.  The cheaper flag does not say where it is made, but does say it is not available.  The 19.99 flag says mad in USA but does not say anything about not being available.

Has to be something about made in US or not.
Steve Bright View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 8:16am
Why would you shop at Harbor (China) Freight to begin with?
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 8:26am
Well, if MN is anything like New Yorkistan, maybe it's about the sales tax they can collect... The more, the merrier!

Edited by TimCNY - 12 Dec 2019 at 8:27am
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:12am

I wonder how many items you would find in a Harbor Freight Store if they all had to be made in the USA ?
docgreen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 10:42am
According to Westlaw and other computer searches, only Minnesota has enacted a law requiring all American flags sold in the state to be manufactured in the United States.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 10:46am
Originally posted by docgreen docgreen wrote:

According to Westlaw and other computer searches, only Minnesota has enacted a law requiring all American flags sold in the state to be manufactured in the United States.
LOLLOL
Well how about that!  Tried to make a slam on the muzzies and libs, turns out it's a pro-American policy! 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:02am
I wonder how many GOOD items you can find in Harbor (CHINA) freight, They better have a great warranty
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:22am
Personally, I have only bought 1 item there, ever, and am not necessarily proud that I did.  But I was in dire need, and not a lot of coin at the time, and they were right there....Unhappy
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:59am
for most people just need some tools around home they work fine. if you need tools for your work I would go else where. love those little free lights though.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by pinball pinball wrote:

for most people just need some tools around home they work fine. if you need tools for your work I would go else where. love those little free lights though.
But, that's not the point.
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 12:54pm
When your rough on some things, like grinding sl*g and grit, do you put your best grinder in there to get chewed up by the grit, or take a cheapie and grind away not feeling bad about keeping your good grinder for years to come...?  Neighbor buys the cheapest grinder he can find and burns them up that way... I wouldn't want to loan him my grinder cuzz I don't want it smoked when it comes back.LOL...   There is a time and a place for everything. Wink
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 1:16pm
That's true JC.  What's missing, is the opportunity to buy an el-cheapo, and yet still be made in USA. 

LOTS of things went into making that the case, obviously.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 1:45pm
What if you wanted a 13 HP generator set ?
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 1:49pm
Don't kid yourself DIM WITT.... next time your in the local Hardware store, or Lowes, etc... look a the back of the box you just bought and see where it came from.. There are a LOT OF ITEMS that are not made in the USA no matter what the cost.
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 5:35pm
To someone who uses tools, but only for occasional use, they are a great start. My own policy, for buying stuff there is if you are not using it every day, or its for special use, they can't be beat.  If you break the HF one, then go out and buy a US made product, if you plan on using it a lot.Wink
Source: Babylon Bee
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 6:11pm
I get a kick out of 'them' that won't buy from certain stores( made in chinakkkrap) but when you look at the same item, whether it's red,green, blue, or yellow... it's the SAME item and ALL are made in China. If the Canuck was in the toilet(thank King T...) I'd still buy from HF. I've been surprised at the quality of machine tool bits and bearings from Banggood ( China) . LEDS work great too...best of all NO bloody 13% sales tax !
Only problem with banggood is you need to create a 'wishlist' cause it's easy to get lost looking at the neat stuff(to me) that they have at cheap prices !
As for 'quality' tools, I haven't bought any in decades though I keep getting free ,lifetime warranty 1/2" socket wrenches(which I don't use) from Canadian Tire .

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 7:09pm
Things I buy or have bought at Harbor Freight, for occasional use.

Big wrenches;
Impact sockets;
Sheet metal brake;
Rolling 2000 lb capacity floor hoist;
Tool chest.

I will not buy power tools there.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 7:43pm
I bought a Motorcycle jack which I lift everything from furniture to rearends and the thing works great!  2000# capacitiy...
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 7:54pm
Yea.......... where can I get a 1000# hydraulic table built in the USA for $250.  ????

How about a 7500 W  13 HP generator set for $500. ?????
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 8:24am
And you guys are the ones complaining about American jobs, I've always believed and still do, Buy a better products the first time, Cheaper in the long run!!! But you keep on supporting China while you complain about China?? You guys are real HOOT!!!! And 2 faced as well!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 8:29am
Hea, DIMWITT... answer MY question... What if the parts are not made in the USA ?  Many have already moved OVERSEAS due to bummer and Carter Regs and Taxes!!

I but AMERICAN tools as much as possible... some things just don't exist from the USA.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Steve Bright Steve Bright wrote:

And you guys are the ones complaining about American jobs, I've always believed and still do, Buy a better products the first time, Cheaper in the long run!!! But you keep on supporting China while you complain about China?? You guys are real HOOT!!!! And 2 faced as well!!

If memory serves me right, it was Bummer that said that the job are leaving the US and NEVER coming back.  However, many jobs HAVE come back because of Mr. Trump and his policies.  The jobs were leaving for several decades due to the failed policies of past administrations, especially due to NAFTA, which was signed by Slick Willy Clintoon.  Yes, I know, it was started under Bush I, but is was the Clintoon who signed it!!!!!

The jobs not being in the US, and the fact that many products are made outside of the US is NOT the fault of Mr. Trump, but those who preceded him.  He is the one bringing things back.  Yet you and the dimwit democraps blame Trump for all your woos.

Give the man a chance.  He has done more to UNDO the screw ups of past administrations than anyone.  Quit blasming him for the failures of Bummer, Bush I & II, Clintoon, Carter, etc.
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 9:49am
Funny how this works sometime, I bought a used set of Greenfield- Little Giant taps and dyes about 30 years ago. They were used but still in the original wood container and they ranged from 1/4-1 inch SAE and NC, tap and dye handles big and little the whole works, a beautiful set American made on the East Coast, you guys know the ones with replaceable and adjustable jaws, they appeared as a tribute to American made, at least that is what I thought, boy was I wrong, they turned out to be so soft all they did was make a mess, they had more than likely been abused some, probably never saw cutting oil so I thought the jaws are replaceable, no problem, so I checked into new jaws and about had a heart attack. I am not sure but it seems to me that the jaws for the little dyes were over $30 per half, I never priced the big ones, so $60 a dye for something so soft that it can be marked with carbon steel, I think not. I will buy the hard dies from Taiwan and if they break throw them away and get another set for cheap, I can't say that about taps, for those I buy good ones but for dyes I can say Little Giant is a huge disappointment.
I love pigs they turn vegetables into bacon

POLITICS-POLY Meaning Many     Tic- A Small Filthy Bloodsucking Dependent Creature
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:07am
I'm two faced because I buy from HF?  LOL!  There's somethin' wrong with you dude.  I guess those three large roller cabinets that I have filled full of Vulcan, Snap On, & Craftsman tools over the past 50 years makes me two faced to.. What a Jerk.....   LOL!
As Steve says:  TURD LOGIC!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:19am
Back in the early to mid 70's I bought a Rodac D A sander for doing body work on cars. After a few years of using it, it started to work sluggishly, so I took it apart to clean it out.  Now keep in mind that this was "Made in the USA"!!  When I got it apart, all the pieces inside were stamped "Made in Japan".  This made in america tool was only assembled here, the parts were made in Japan.  And this was almost 50 years ago!!!  I still have it if anyone wants to question this.  I can take it apart again and show you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is also true with almost everything you buy today, especially your car.  Steve is worried about being made in China, well most everything has at least some Chinese parts in it.

I'm quite sure that Mr. Bright watches CNN and MSNBC, because of the things he posts.  Well, NEWS FLASH, that TV was NOT made in America!!!  If he didn't want to be so hypocritical, he would not own a TV, or a car, or, well not anything.

Keep in mind who drove the companies OUT of the US!  Liberals with their high taxes, and too strict regulations, and the unions with their greed, and Bummer, and......................  Thew list goies on and on.

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:39am
Well, you can shop at Harbor Freight and KNOW you're buying junk, and supporting a company that you know supports China and save yourself a dollar, OR you can shop somewhere else and AT LEAST TRY to find stuff made either here or at least somewhere a little more "like us".  I work in American manufacturing.......I don't like slitting my own throat.  I will spend a few extra dollars to support my fellow American manufacturing employees whenever possible.  It hurts a bit, just like commodity prices, it's worth a little pain to fight the fight.  Voting with nothing buy your wallet is short sighted in my opinion.  Justify it for yourselves however you need to.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Grayray Grayray wrote:

Back in the early to mid 70's I bought a Rodac D A sander for doing body work on cars. After a few years of using it, it started to work sluggishly, so I took it apart to clean it out.  Now keep in mind that this was "Made in the USA"!!  When I got it apart, all the pieces inside were stamped "Made in Japan".  This made in america tool was only assembled here, the parts were made in Japan.  And this was almost 50 years ago!!!  I still have it if anyone wants to question this.  I can take it apart again and show you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is also true with almost everything you buy today, especially your car.  Steve is worried about being made in China, well most everything has at least some Chinese parts in it.

I'm quite sure that Mr. Bright watches CNN and MSNBC, because of the things he posts.  Well, NEWS FLASH, that TV was NOT made in America!!!  If he didn't want to be so hypocritical, he would not own a TV, or a car, or, well not anything.

Keep in mind who drove the companies OUT of the US!  Liberals with their high taxes, and too strict regulations, and the unions with their greed, and Bummer, and......................  Thew list goies on and on.

The TV thing......you can thank Walmart for that, and I know firsthand how that worked. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic