This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Governor spring on CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Governor spring on CA
    Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:29am
Governor spring on CA, Where does the front part of that spring on governor hook to I can’t see it? Thanks!! Dana
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Sponsored Links

captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:41am
Actually maybe the spring hooks from the shaft backwards towards the operator I was trying to find where hook going forwardBut I’m not sure
                          Dana
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 11:00am
It goes forward, it hooks to a top manifold bolt , least ways thats how my CA is hooked up
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 12:28pm
discussion of spring on governor and spring on throttle shaft......

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 12:58pm
Steve,my CA was doing the same as the B in the link you sent, I rebuilt linkage, carburator,springs, throttle quadrant, nothing worked. I pulled to governor out of it and it looked great,put it back together same thing. I finally bought a new governor from Sandy Lake,, presto problem solved, I have no idea what was wrong with the other governor and I still pull it off the shelf to see if something pops out to me,, nope,it looks good but something was wrong with it.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 1:03pm
Thanks a million you guys I got it all hooked up and back together it runs like new what the heck would I do without you guys. That spring has never been hooked up since I bought this tractor 18 years ago! I just rebuilt the carb and said well maybe it’s time to hook that up someplace!
                          Dana
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic