Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Times
    Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 7:15pm
Was screwing around getting the firewood pile going last night.
Had my skid steer getting ready to put it up and saw a possum in the yard.
It was dark. I had put some LED's on the skid steer so I could see really good and chased the turd around the yard for 15 minutes.
Wore his butt out when he finally hit the tree line.
Didn't need to kill him because he is not doing me any harm.
He didn't know whether to chit or go blind.
Sponsored Links

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 8:39pm
I do that to pocket gophers on the golf course with the cart.  Some times they hit the hole so hard they go sideways.  I'm just being a good guy and giving them their daily exercise.......
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 7:00am
When I was a kid I  had an uncle that ran a golf course in Des Moines.
He had a lot of chipmunks tearing up stuff so showed me what to do.

Get yer fishin pole, tie a loop slip knot in the end. Then you chase a chipmunk
in the hole and lay the loop over the hole and strip off about 20' of line and wait for him to pop his head out.
Just like fishin for bass.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 7:13am
Possum chasing and chipmunk fishing sound like fun activities. I need to get rid of some chipmunks, they like to chew on automotive wiring. I keep some mouse candy under the hood of the pickup I keep at the farm and need to put some on the tractors. Mother in law is terrified of possums, think I will get a couple for pets. lol
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:52am
you can always tell when my old lady.....oooops....I mean my loving wife is killing snakes in the yard, she's driving the lawn mower in figure 8's and all over. she says they pop there heads up to see where she's at, and that's when the mower blade gits them! the geese and chickens would fight over the pieces!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:52am
Ex daughter in law has a couple of pet possums. She found them on the side of the road after mama got run over. Little bitty things. Nursed them to life and said  they are like cats.

I have a pack rat problem chewing up everything and stealing stuff. I let my WD stay greasy and have to raise the hood on my other 2 mowers to keep them out of there.
They ate my log splitter and $65 later got it going again.

Have to keep my skid steer in the garage of the house cause it a pain in the butt to to fix the harness in that, did it once already.
I use those plug in things to keep the mice away in the chicken house and in the main house and the garage. Haven't had any problem since I started to use them.

My ear and nose hair grows twice as fast as the hair on my head, not sure if there is any correlation with those plug in things or not.

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 1:17pm

I use those plug in things to keep the mice away in the chicken house and in the main house and the garage. Haven't had any problem since I started to use them.

My ear and nose hair grows twice as fast as the hair on my head, not sure if there is any correlation with those plug in things or not.

Mice are real thick around the house, tell me more. What brand and where and any other details. Mouse traps are no keeping up. The boss, wonderful as she is says no poison in the house.

[/QUOTE]
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 4:56pm
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 5:34am
Read that kind of thing before I got mine.
Thought I would try it anyway.
If they don't work where did all the mice go?
I have feed in the chicken house and have one of those things right by it
and have yet to get a mouse or rat into one of those bags. Been over a year now.

I have several different kinds. Got them off amazon.

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:59pm
Fixer1958 -- dad tells me when he was a kid in the 1920's he and 4 brothers earned their 4th of July money doing that. County had a 20 cent bounty on them.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 4:46am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic