This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

16b pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:15am
AC Mel

Point of interest to us.

How does that Cozad trailer work?  Do you pull the gooseneck section out so you can load from the front, rather than over the rear wheels?

TIA
Sponsored Links

gvsd2011 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gvsd2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:12pm
HI I was wonder where you able to finally find parts I have a HD16 dozer I am looking for parts and was hoping you would have some insight
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:40pm
Maybe I with my friend could help for HD16 PARTS.
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 10:52am
Hey Mel, there just has to be something that can be done with gearset that you have. I know that they are ground and hardended but being that they don't exist or are certainly on the endangered speices list there must be someway of restoring them, just a matter of cost, they were made in the first place should be able to do it again or repaired. I remember when Tim Engler from tractor pulling fame designed and built the gearboxes that would connect the seven engines on his tractor and they were work of art, worm gears and right angle drive, I have never seen anything like them, extremely complex. It just seems a wonderment that a couple bad teeth trash a chunk of iron like that, Ford 9 inch I see it, Dana 44 I see it but you are looking at a serious piece of iron. I don't know if you guys are familiar with the Freeman 330 (I think that was the number) baler, a friend of mine had one and the key came out of the pinion gear that drives the big bullgear and knocked off a bunch of teeth on the bullgear, I welded, blued and ground till the gear worked perfectly until the machine was finally scrapped because the guy passed away. Now it is a given that they were crude at best and of course not hypoid gears but with CNC there just has to be something. Just my thoughts.    Tad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic