This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers in movies and TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mike962 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers in movies and TV
    Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 9:35am
Sponsored Links

michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 3:10pm
there was an allis hd6 in the coal miners daughter movie that's pulling logs and there was a hd11b in another movie
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 3:15pm
the hd11b was in the movie called late for dinner and I also remember a movie about a land developer trying to force people to sell there homes it had a hd6g in it
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 4:01pm
Several of the Roy Rogers movies with Gabby Hayes at his ranch had WC's in them.
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 5:47pm
At close range was filmed at a forum members family dealership I do believe.
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 7:48pm
in the series All creatures great and small, on PBS, there are several scenes with English B's in them.  Also a sean penn movie has an AC dealership, that they are robbing, in it. Can't remember the title, don't want to remember sean penn, but them's the breaks!
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

in the series All creatures great and small, on PBS, there are several scenes with English B's in them.  Also a sean penn movie has an AC dealership, that they are robbing, in it. Can't remember the title, don't want to remember sean penn, but them's the breaks!

The movie with Sean penn was At Close Range as I mentioned above
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
orangepeeler View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangepeeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 9:20pm
Watching Perry Mason the other night. There was an AC earthmover on the show.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 11:32pm
Dang delete buttons. I'll start again.

TV Barnaby Jones had a 7045PS or 7060PS

Here On Earth B, C, or CA

World's Fastest Indian B

Blue Chips WC in the parade

The Mating Game with Tony Randall D series

Six Pack 190

Footloose the remake. Look for 7000 series when the kids are making ready the warehouse for the dance.

The rest are all maybes

John Wayne's Three Faces West, The Fighting Seabees, and the Hell Fighters

Clint Eastwood's Heartbreak Ridge

Ferris Bullets Day Off Ferrari scene. Is that an AC plow across the road?

The Green Mile There is an old tractor out in the yard while Tom and Gary are talking on the front porch.

What was the movie that had a Gleaner combine (?F?)that was destroyed in a twister? Was it Country? Seems like I can remember a TV movie that had an R6 in it.

Happy hunting. I like your post. It is fun

Edited by Unit3 - 15 Nov 2013 at 5:33am
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 1:13am
There were a couple 190's or similar models in "The Andromeda Strain", working ground at a government lab in Nevada.
I think it was Country the combine was in the tornado, was thinking it was a IHC 715 but don't really remember for sure.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
mike962 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 1:47am
fron the unknown  I provided is any an Allis ?

mike962 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 1:52am
mike962 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 1:54am
wildbill26 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 2:11am
If I rember the title correctly, flags of our fathers? Has a high crop of some sort, wc mabey?
1950 wd wide front w loader
1940 b, 1939 m crawler
bdallman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdallman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 8:20am
If I remember quickly my son was watching curious George (i cant stand that dumb monkey) In between episodes they had a lil bit on gardening and some kids going and helping at a community garden. There was a G in the skit cultivating!

you just never know when the old ACs will pop up!
1954 CA, 1952 WD with Freeman Loader,1955 WD45, 1963 D19 Gas, 1984 620H, 1980’s AC Forklift, 66 All Crop Harvester, White Top Roto Baler, Misc S.C. Equip and AC Collectibles.
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 8:40am
The 160 in the NCIS episode (Filmed in California), is that an Oxnard hi-crop conversion?
I remember watching that live and thinking wow a 160 like mine, but it's a little different.
Anyone know who owns that 160?
Brian Ahart View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Ahart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 9:21am
Unit3, the last movie you are thinking of is Race Against The Harvest (known as American Harvest on TV).  Earl Holliman's character has new Gleaner R6 and/or R7 combines (can't remember which).  It was made in 1986.
A-C Weight ID reference and other goodies at brianahart.net
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 5:58pm
 Numerous shots of the HD-14 in " The Fighting Seabees"-John Wayne. HD-14 in the final scene when he blows the oil tank.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 7:11pm
A neighbor told me the other day, she saw an Allis Chalmers raking hay or something like that in one of her grandson's Mighty Machine videos. Yep, they ARE all over the place Big smile
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 8:16pm
Great post.....Good job on finding these... There was an AC/FA HD-11B on NCIS-LA recently... Also a TV Series had an HD-15 (remote-controlled) that was an "out-of-control" machine killing machine, 1980's or so.... They did a movie using the same theme with I believe a CAT D9 "Killdozer"....
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 6:43am
I gave you five stars. I look for orange everywhere. Great post. Now can you put them all together in a movie for us?
mike962 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 8:59am
is this an Allis Chalmers/ Fiat Allis, filmed in Holland 

and this ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic