This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some part sizes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some part sizes
    Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 6:35pm
Hi all.  Still working away on the '66 Big Ten of course.

Since so many things are NLA, I've got to fabricate them.
Not a huge deal when I have a broken part, but when the part is out and out missing it's a bit of a guessing game!  With all the parts books, at least the general shapes are now available.

But - it's the SIZE of some of them that's hard to guess at.  For everyone's benefit, it might be nice to have a thread here (like...  this one!) with some Q&A's on them.

Such as mine to start the ball rolling:
 I have the dozer blade with the springs.  I'm missing the rod that goes up to the lift lever.  It looks like it was 3/8" rod, but what was the overall length of it?  Say center to center of the pins?

Current slow rides: '65 Big Ten, '79 JD 317
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 4:55am
Here is a link to SimpletrACtors website:

Adjustable lift rod for front blade:

Gary

http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/adjustable_lift_rod.htm
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 4:40pm
Thanks - just looking for the actual length of a stock bit right now.

Current slow rides: '65 Big Ten, '79 JD 317
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic