This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great Addition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Addition
    Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 10:22am
I'm glad to see this addition to the Site.  I have a couple of AC "mini work horses"!  A B1 which is used for a lot of things around here and a recently purchased Homesteader 8.

The Homesteader sat in the weeds at a friends place for many years with a loose exhaust valve insert. I fixed that and got it running to see what I had and it needs an engine O haul as it blows a lot of smoke and power is down.

Is there an engine rebuild kit or parts available for this model?  I have got some items from Sandy Lake but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there for this model.  Also need a grille for it and the mower deck belt covers.
Sponsored Links

BillinAlberta View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillinAlberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 10:29pm

Phil I know it  wouldn't be original any more but there are lots of small engines that would
fit. I'm afraid to use my Homesteader because of that shaky valve (same as yours)so it just sits at my dads place under cover.
  A new engine would make it a very usable little mower.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 10:52am
Bill, I took my engine to Paul at Trac Engine here in Edmonton and he re-machined the block and fitted a new insert. He guaranteed it would not come out again. Cost me a whole 25 bucks!!

If I do fit another engine I have an 11 horse vertical shaft Briggs that might be shoehorned in!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic