This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FIiat Allis FL10C specs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmerscotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FIiat Allis FL10C specs?
    Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 9:42pm
can someone enlighten me about FL10C machine?

have found one to look at and need specs on machine.......I cannot find years made or nothing online.........thought I was good at this search and discovery stuff too!

thanks

P.S.

Tell me why you love or hate a FL10C if you have had one.

Scott
Sponsored Links

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 5:12am
Scott,

This isn't the direct answer you need!

We have a FA 10 dozer and the service manual covers FL 10 and FL 10 B. 

This one comes from the Fiat line and has nothing to do with Allis parentage - except maybe the torque converter.  It was a Fiat 10 before the name change.   Was always a power shift transmission, then got a converter grafted in.

Engine horsepower on the 10 is 110, the 10B is wound up another 100rpm and 120.  Have seen somewhere that the 10C had a different engine and 130.

The dozer is a very competent machine, and (so far) in Australia parts supply is very good.  From other threads seems to be not so good in N Amer. 

I have only the dozer parts book for the plain 10, so can't help you with years from the modification table.  And at the back of the parts book is a table that translates Fiat bearing # into standard bearing talk.

The only gotcha on ours is access to the alternator - take the radiator out.  Which is not so bad as it is an automotive style one - take out the radiator grille, drop the engine guard, then 4 bolts and 2 hoses and there it is - about half an hour.

FWIW - I'm presuming some of this applies to the loader - of which I have no experience!

If you need more on weights etc from what I have on loaders then signal
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 10:59pm
FL5, FL7, FL10 and the FD series in the same numbers are all Fiat machines . Now known in N Am under the New Holland name . 
 Seems all the machines are good machines and in the same mode as AC used have a higher HP than other mfg use in same size or weight machines
 If size runs about the same then FL10 would be 1 3/4 to 2 yd machine 
Seems when the AC/Fiat  FL and FD series was coming into the US the dealer network was collapsing and rather than regional warehousing of parts chicago was set up as a central area - and with lousy service to dealers. Next many Ford / New Holland dealers picked up the line as other large dealers of heavy equipment switched to other brands like Leberr, Komatsu, Volvo, or other such.
 Then the loader market changed here in the US as the tracked excavator has replaced the track loader in many work sites. There also the skid steer on rubber tracks or even with tires also is found where track loaders were king of the pile before.  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 3:18am
Scotty and Coke

FWIW  the bucket on a FL 10 B was

A.M.  13/4 cu yards  (A.M.  = before modification)

P.M.  1 7/8 cu yards

farmerscotty View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmerscotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 4:24pm
well I bought the machine today but don't know where I am going to find out what oil goes where...........may have to go to New Holland and get specs.

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 4:57pm
Scotty

This might help - for FL 10  (Temps in C, Imp qts and gallons)

Engine  HD Series 3 17.5 qts  ( < -15, 10W; -15 - 0, 20W; 0 - 35, 30; > 35, 40)

Inj pump HD Series 3

Converter/gearbox HD Series 3  SAE 30 (SAE 10 below  zero C) 35 qts

Crown wheel, steering and brakes  Same as Converter  24 qts

Final drives  90EP 12.5 qts  (After a mod in FL 10B 3 2/3 gallons to refill)

Rollers SAE 30 Series 3

Hydraulics  with rippers 60 qts  AP 31/51 (< 0, SAE 10; > 0, SAE 20)

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmerscotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 3:31pm
thanks for the information. Got the beast home and it is in really good shape. I guess I can buy a FD10 book since the only difference is the blade or bucket
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmerscotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 9:14pm
my transmission pressure gauge is broke.............does anyone know what the pressure gauge is suppose to show in PSI so I can just replace it with mechanical gauge that is not fiat

Thanks
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 11:25pm
Scotty,

From the FL 10 section of my manual, no changes for FL 10B

"The oil pressure gauge measures gearbox clutch hydraulic oil pressure and is provided with three coloured sectors

Red Sector 0 - 113 psi

Green        113 - 213 psi

Red            213 - 284 psi"

Lube oil pressure looks like > 21.3 psi with the warning light on at 2.84 - 8.53 psi.

Hope this helps.

Drummerboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 3:37pm
Good afternoon , I know it has been many years since anyone has posted here about Fiatallis equipment, however I was considering purchasing a FIATALLIS FL10B crawler loader. I can't find a good parts source in the USA or a parts/service manual for this particular machine. I was wondering if anyone could give me the service manual part number for your any Fiatallis FD or FL10 machine, as it would probably cover this machine. The FL10B runs but does not steer so I don't know the extensiveness of the repair and parts that will be needed, clutch kit, pump problems etc..... I would like to have a theory of operation of how the drive system works on this machine but can't find that either. It seems that CNH Case New Holland ended up with the brand or maybe FIAT GROUP. i thought that in North America a company had to part service a machine for 30 years so maybe I can find some parts and know how. Any way any information would be very appreciated on the  subject. Thank you, Jack
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 8:15pm
Kid Leo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kid Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 9:51pm
Drummerboy,

I just came across your post while searching for something else.

I have owned a FL10 B since about 1992, I think I paid about $11K for it. I bought it to move a lot of dirt when I built my house and ever since I just kept it to work around my acreage. Don't know if the machine is still on your radar but I will give you my 2 cents.

For me it has been a great machine. The engine cracks right off and runs great, no ether. I have found parts to be virtually non-existent in the past few years but I have always found a way to keep it going. I have never had to buy specialized internal parts. Mostly just alternator, radiator repairs, etc. Filters can be a tough one. I haven't changed the engine oil in years mostly because of the quest it will be to find the filters.

The one major problem I had shortly after I bought it was the steering. It would stop working after running for a while. The steering works by using a clutch pack for each track. Under normal conditions the clutch is engaged to the final drive on each side. When you push the steering pedal part way down hydraulic pressure disengages the clutch, push it the rest of the way down and the clutch engages to a braking surface. 

My problem was  being caused by a clogged filter in the steering hydraulic system. I would not be surprised if your problem is similar being caused by a lack of oil flow. One clue to this is that I felt a pulsing in the pedals when I pushed on them. This is the hydraulic pump being starved for oil.  I think the filter sit under your right foot when sitting in the seat under the floorboard. Take the side cover off to get to it. The filter is a wire screen type, take it out and reverse flush it with solvent.

FWIW I would clean the filter and it would work for a while then clog again. I finally tracked the problem down to a retaining nut in the drive train that had backed out and was chewing up metal into the system. Once I fixed that and replaced the filter element with a new one I had no more problems. The filter looked clean but the metal had clogged up the screen to the point it would not come out.

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 10:45pm
Kid Leo

You're pretty right here.  Low oil level in the bevel gear case will also play hob with steering as that circuit sucks from there.

But re that pulsing of the pedals

Check the description of "A chasing movement" down the bottom RHS of the workshop manual section Steering Clutch/Brake Hydraulic System first page.

Our dozer does that with the brake hard on - if it doesn't time to start looking (lever and brake controls).  If yours was pulsing on clutch only then I'll likely agree.

Page 113 in Print No 604.06.077.

According to that manual (and our FA 10 dozer) the filter involved should be below your left foot  on the front of the bevel gear case when in the seat.  And there is an element under a cover on top of the final drive housing under the seat with a bypass valve.

There's two filters under the right side in the torque converter/gearbox circuit, one on the back of the converter housing.

FWIW the Fleetguard filter numbers I have for a 10B are

Air  AF4074 and AF4078

Fuel Cartridge FF5064, Spin-on FF5094 (some of the earlier plain FA 10's were different but ours has a 10B setup)

Oil Spin-on LF3347  Cartridge LF509N (AFIK only the FA 10's had the cartridge with an oil cooler).  Yours ought to be two spin-ons on the engine.  But they seem to use the cartridge for the filter in the top of the bevel gear case.

That CP3 engine was used in some New Holland wheel tractors which might be a source of oil filters at least

There still seem to be plenty of spares available via Italy.  I don't understand why you in USA have problems.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 10:59am
With some pencil pusher behind a desk they figured by centralizing supply it would cut cost so - with all the parts in one place and a couple weeks to get them - they stopped selling parts and machines - so they reduced inventory to make parts unavailable unless ordered from factory - only took a month or two and then dealers would add 50 to 100% to parts cost - HOW TO KILL SALES - they did it well 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 4:34pm
Coke

I've got some obscure parts via Italy.  Took about a week last time I got things that way.

Sounds like you are describing a bean counter's road to inverse efficiency there.
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 11:53am
Kid Leo, 
 Thanks very much for the feed back on the fl10b. Sorry it took so long to respond as I don't get online very often. I went by and checked on the beast yesterday afternoon kinda doing an inventory of what it will take to get the machine fired off batterys, hydraulic oil, grease, either, etc.  The information from all of you on filter location and misc. problems you have encountered related to the steering should be very valuable when it comes time to get the machine running and loaded on my trailer to get it to my shop. The filter numbers should be very helpful when It comes time to replace them as well. I will probably definitely buy the machine as soon as I get several items checked off my wife's honey do list. I hope I can get the steering issue resolved from the pointers you have given me. Thanks again! 
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 4:30am
Drummerboy

Best of luck. 

I'd recommend you get yourself one of the genuine workshop manuals as per print details listed above - as it is about as good a manual as I've worked from over quite a variety.

My 2 cents worth available on any hiccups.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic