This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pics for Mitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 7:04am
Picture of the equipment insixe the starlet circle shop have been posted since 2010. The newest sbop i purchased 727 reynolds bridge road hasnt been. The starlet circle has more equipment for engine building than most who jab posts on here.
Sponsored Links

TerryMtAuburnIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryMtAuburnIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 8:04am
bunch of kids playing with toy tracters.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 3:14pm
I've posted all these pics before Ken, but I was in my real early 20's when I built this in the early 2000's.  I didn't own a mill or lathe but for 3 hrs, one night a week the local vo tech had an "open shop" night where we could go play on the machines.  When I got a little older I bought a lot of shop equipment as I could afford to from machining equipment to a flow bench for doing airflow work.

I knew there was no way stock main caps were going to stay on a block any length of time with a non weighted crank whipping around at high RPM. 

I was pretty tight with the $$$ so I used a lot of what was laying around and free.  Case oil pump with an Allis cam gear, pickup screen from a broken John Deere pump, GM HEI ignition.  Oil filter base and regulater from the dumpster off a burned John Deere engine.  Fluid dampner from a small block GM fit to the nose of a Leroi crank.  Our rules at the time dictated that I couldn't use a later D-17 type block so I used a W201 block and welded the sleeves top and bottom to keep the deck intact for any of the "outlaw" stuff where a guy could shoot a dose of NOS at it.

I scrapped out a rear axil and used the spindles from a IH combine and built a wide front.
The block is filled, but I run some water in the cylinder head.  There's 4 tubes threaded in by the exhaust ports and water fed in front and rear of head.  I cut holes in the head where I could blast clean around the intake port and intake valve bowls and filled those areas and cut in a new larger port with a long radius rather than that sharp T shaped port and I built dividers in the intake to cancel out the overlap signals.

Built a twin disc clutch setup and a steel flywheel.  A few times the engine would rev to about 6500 RPM mid track.  Kept a dumb farm kid busy for a while and still makes a jealous old man out of plink0.

I'll post a few pictures of last winters work building a light super stock when I get more time.

"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 5:08pm
Yeap that is the picture of the bottom end that so many are doing and send it to me to be align bored/ honed so the crank will turn in their new main cap
s.

Edited by mlpankey - 11 Jul 2013 at 5:09pm
Larry W. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 5:37pm
Sure it is pank, what ever you say.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 5:47pm
Yeap i know a fellow that cnc aluminum to drop the oil pan down so he could run 5 quarts of oil with the stroke he is running. With oil pan in stock location anything over two quarts was a hard ro do. He still uses stock timing gear cover and a stock cast oilpan. I just hang on to drysump stuff myshelf for a stroke as long as his of coarse we all know the 201 small main bearing journal size creates alot more problems with the crank than the d 17 journal size does.

Edited by mlpankey - 11 Jul 2013 at 5:51pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 5:52pm
You're so good at posting pictures of other peoples work you'll have no problem showing us all those other main setups that you're finishing with your line boreing machine. Make sure to show the Gleason to.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

You're so good at posting pictures of other peoples work you'll have no problem showing us all those other main setups that you're finishing with your line boreing machine. Make sure to show the Gleason to.
one oc them is already posted. It posted in 2010 no pictures will be shown untill Rod puts up or. shuts up by showing his pictures

Edited by mlpankey - 11 Jul 2013 at 5:57pm
Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

one oc them is already posted. It posted in 2010 no pictures will be shown untill Rod puts up or. shuts up by showing his pictures
I don't believe that rod has ever made any unbacked claims to greatness, he mostly points out your lies
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 8:09pm
My lord. WI posts pics of what he had built by hand, which looks really nice btw, and all we get is the village idiot jizzig himself. SpunkO has anyone ever told you to just shut the hell up? It was fun for a while, but now you have proved to everyone how dumb you are and it's just routine lies and b.s. from your keyboard.

Oh yeah, where's the Gleason?
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 5:56am

Yeap that is the picture of the bottom end that so many are doing and send it to me to be align bored/ honed so the crank will turn in their new main cap
s.

As Marty has tried to tell you 20 times It makes no difference who or where the replacement caps come from all of them must be aline bored or honed once installed as anyone who can read the paperwork that comes with the parts OR has ever preformed this type work knows. 

So again, fancy talk but the down and dirty is you aint been there, nor done that.

While Marty, Ken and others shows us innovation of ideas and quality of work all you do is show us you are not a craftsman with hack job work, tell us you have no experience with statements like above, talk smak and fight the civil war.

Entertainment value only

Where is the Gleason?

Edited by Butch(OH) - 12 Jul 2013 at 5:58am
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 9:12am

Butch if its tig must have either used floranted tungstien or argon or both together. To correctly tig aluminum under alcoa aluminum certification you use pure tugnstein and helium for sheild.its been a while since i had welding certs. I do keep medical gas cert still though.

I was thinking, and I realized why he needs his medical gas license, see oxygen is a medical gas..... It's also what he uses for his shielding gas

Edited by blue924.9 - 12 Jul 2013 at 9:13am
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 2:38pm
What does the L in MLPankey stand for? Liar or Loser?

Edited by Rod B - 12 Jul 2013 at 2:39pm
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 4:08pm
When I furtheded my education with trades and labor i found out alot of things taught on the farm were incorrect.[/QUOTE]

Priceless
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

When I furtheded my education with trades and labor i found out alot of things taught on the farm were incorrect.

Priceless
[/QUOTE]

Maybe that is educated for vols country.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic