This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tractomotive Loader TL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tractomotive Loader TL
    Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 9:57am
What kind of fluid do you guys run in your transmissions (Tractomotive clutch type) on the TL-6, TL-10, TL-11 or TL-12?
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Sponsored Links

iceberg210 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceberg210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:14pm
Automatic transmission fluid, note that this fluid also runs the power steering. I believe the level was standard 4 or something that they are now on standard 6 or something so any ATF will do... Also make sure to clean out the strainer on the return line, my TL 12 had that plugged which was a lot of where my issues were... If you have any other questions let me know, the old Tractomotive/AC machines are absolutely incredible especially for their time and are awfully handy to have around.
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 5:25am
I have a parts book for the machine but I would like to get an owners/operators manual for it if one is available.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
iceberg210 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceberg210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 8:52am
JenSales Manual sales I know had one for the TL 12,
Don't know if they have one for the TL6
http://www.jensales.com/Search.html#/Search.html?search=allis+chalmers+tl6&category=F50996
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 6:05pm
I've looked there and they only have a manual for the motor since it's a B-125. Do you have anything that will explain to me how to adjust the clutch to get the right amount of pull?
MurphyLake View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MurphyLake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 10:50pm
My TL10 has the serial #35 and the torque converter is 36.
I worked it on a farm for several years without leaks.

An auxiliary hydraulic outlet was added to the front to operate a tree spade.
The engine was upgraded to a WD45
iA Charlyn pump was added for power steering.

Some time after restoration the torque converter began to leak.
It became so constant so as to make the machine unusable .
The engine has been removed four times to get to the converter seal.
The shaft has a single ring for a seal.

The leak continues..
Looking for a solution..

Edited by MurphyLake - 16 Jul 2013 at 10:52pm
MattLF9 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattLF9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 12:52pm
Solution: haul to scrap yard.
A little CQB never hurt anybody.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 6:48pm
There has got to be a problem with the torque converter, worn out or whatever.  How much work would it be to put a different one in?  Things like that just wear out over time.
Scrap Yard are almost four letter words - never to be spoken in regards to Allis Chalmers!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
MattLF9 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattLF9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 7:43pm
I'm wondering if you have a groove worn into the converter and it won't allow it to seal?
A little CQB never hurt anybody.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 5:10am
Groove in the shaft, a little extra wear on a support bushing, all little things internally worn to allow a little extra movement and clearances.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic